GDFL Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

If someone told me at the start of the year behind bph and north geelong it would be geelong west looking like the 3rd best side I would of told them they were an idiot, all credit to geelong west really good to see them more than competitive especially to the players who were there in their darker years. East geelong really might be putting themselves in a hole regardless of players available, another 130 point drubbing to weribee today. Have bph in 2 weeks and end the year with games against north weribee and bph again

For those that dont read the Addy O'Toole got off at the appeal and will play against Belmont Saturday.
Should be a good game, so will Winch hosting Anakie and Bannock v West will be interesting.

Well there you go guys. Ricky otoole kicks 7 as east geelong get over Belmont plus it seems there side got a boost with a few noticeable names returning. Could give bph a go this week. Anakie has to be another surprise packet this year, surely being 4-2 wasn't on antibodies radar at the start of the season. Bannockburn seem to turn it on one week and off the next after winning against geelong west this weekend

Saw East on the weekend. Unless they are one of those teams that play to the standard of the opposition. They won't get within 80 points of Bell post hill

Banno would be happy with that win on the weekend.

the addy article seemed to backfire on West. you can bet that the coach would have pinned it up in the rooms.

Banno would be happy with that win on the weekend.

the addy article seemed to backfire on West. you can bet that the coach would have pinned it up in the rooms.
Yes Bizza, I think we all cringed when we read that , but apparently was miss quoted. It obviously had effect on Wall who kicked 6 points , but full credit to the tigers they out played our boys and brought them back reality.

Having a crack at the interleague side

Cam addie Darren mathison (not sure)

(???) prymke Steve rickets

D Whitney bourke challis

Forbes bourke fitzsimmons

Clarke javanovic Breget

Ruck: Symes Kee Page

Bench: Canavan Mawson McNamara Sims

Not sure about the backline & need another ruckman??

D Whitney bourke challis

Clarke javanovic Breget

Tom Parsons from Anakie is in as a defender. Trained last night.

quote="#1_gdfl_fan, post: 28253802, member: 84030"]The f

The four defenders I listed are all lock down key players, need some running quarter backs??? Who are the best half backs in the league, I can't think of any[/quote]

Surely Al Johnson should be a half back.
Jason Huhn can play anywhere his very versatile aswell.

D Whitney bourke challis

Clarke javanovic Breget

PRYMKE, CHALLIS,KEE,CANAVAN, BREGET ALL OUT INJURED, PAGE ON HONEYMOON

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GDFL u/18s have 5 Corio players who are in the lowest division (4) playing interleague, doesnt say much for the GDFL sides in the higher division (3), oh Mark McDowell is the coach that explains it, There are some handy players in Div 3 that should be there, i thought interleague sides are the leagues best performing players. And to the boys that have made the team all the best do the league proud and to the many that have missed out chin up and look to the future.

Was it just me yesterday or did the interleague side look to slow?
That was the feeling from the actual players too from what a few said. Hard to know what us coming up against though so just gotta go with what u got . Need a new coach next year for sure

That was the feeling from the actual players too from what a few said. Hard to know what us coming up against though so just gotta go with what u got . Need a new coach next year for sure
GDFL aint professional,, GFL have an app with live scores,, GDFL website is crap,, GDFL football records are not up to date with players numbers etc,, Has Mr Whitley been at the helm too long,,This league has been stagnent in league rankings for so long they are going further down the rankings,, this is unnacceptable they are the Melbourne of the country football scene.

fursland & Macleod awarded a medal each.

anyone know what they are for? assuming one was best on ground, what was the other one for?

fursland & Macleod awarded a medal each.

anyone know what they are for? assuming one was best on ground, what was the other one for?

MacLeod win his medal voted by AFL Vic. Fursland won his voted by the gdfl.

In my opinion the league must look to the youth to move up the rankings. Picking players like Lewis, leak, grgic and picking mensch in the squad is going in the wrong direction. They are all good players but I said earlier why couldn't dean Muir make the squad players from 20 - 25 should be picked so they can build a good squad over the next few years

The team really missed challis's run and carry

Lets be honest, price had no game plan or structure, and picked a squad on reputation and even his mates(how else would leak get a game) it was embarassing to watch that was for sure. Fursland was our best and i dunno how mcloud got vcfl medal. Young parsons looked good down back but we need youth installed next year. Diblasio from north, bryant wouldv been good also. Lymer from hill, muir and robbie logue from inver. Gdfl have a lot to fix with app and live scores. There site is 2nd rate thats for sure. On a positive the under 18s looked good!! Rumor has it a certain member of a gdfl club verbally abused corey jones after the game. Anyone heard that?

Lets be honest, price had no game plan or structure, and picked a squad on reputation and even his mates(how else would leak get a game) it was embarassing to watch that was for sure. Fursland was our best and i dunno how mcloud got vcfl medal. Young parsons looked good down back but we need youth installed next year. Diblasio from north, bryant wouldv been good also. Lymer from hill, muir and robbie logue from inver. Gdfl have a lot to fix with app and live scores. There site is 2nd rate thats for sure. On a positive the under 18s looked good!! Rumor has it a certain member of a gdfl club verbally abused corey jones after the game. Anyone heard that?

apparantley misconstrued something CJ said, which is not uncommon for "certain member".

GDFL u/18s have 5 Corio players who are in the lowest division (4) playing interleague, doesnt say much for the GDFL sides in the higher division (3), oh Mark McDowell is the coach that explains it, There are some handy players in Div 3 that should be there, i thought interleague sides are the leagues best performing players. And to the boys that have made the team all the best do the league proud and to the many that have missed out chin up and look to the future.

The GDFL talent academy and inter league selection process - the academy was put together in Feb this year after Steve Jaansen GDFL approached me to help out. Clubs were asked to nominate players from the 18s and 16s. At this time no inter league game was scheduled and the focus was purely on player development. So far 13 sessions have been conducted by Adam Skrobalak, Ron Watt, Brent Grigic, Paul Price, Myself and players will attend a player review session with Paul Hood and Mathew Knight over the next few weeks. I believe the program has been an outstanding success and the result from the weekend backs that up particularly when you consider we had 7 u16s in the side. The selection process involved feedback from club coaches / reps and training attendance was a key factor in players being selected along with being part in the academy squad. The main focus was not winning it was on rewarding commitment and attitude. All clubs who nominated players were represented except for Anakie only because a couple of their players and a couple of other players from other clubs missed a compulsory training session with out communicating last Wednesday and were withdrawn from the side. Steve Jaansen Paul Price and I selected the side.

You have to be kidding me? Leaky played and not Muir, Logue,Brauman, Lymer, Watts, the selectors have no imagination. Did the young East centre half forward make the squad?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back