GDFL Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

My question mark means what would the result be without kouta who will never play for them again.
Ah yes, that makes sense now. It's a very valid point you raise. For example, who will be their key target down forward now? They would want to hope Scotty Verner is fit and firing. It will be very interesting to see this weeks result against what appears to be a greatly improved Geelong West side.

Winch will definately win games this year - looked like they got tired towards the end of quarters, the heat and the big ground were probably to blame, but they looked really good. Mensch and Vanderklooster will give most big men in the league a run for their money. bonner was tough in the stoppages and their young kids were really clean.

Thanks for the kind words bizza we hope to be very competitive this year.

This week we host East Geelong on Friday night at winch. Reserves start at 6pm and seniors at 8pm. We hope that as many people from around geelong come for a drive out to our great ground and to watch a great game. Thanks

B
Ah yes, that makes sense now. It's a very valid point you raise. For example, who will be their key target down forward now? They would want to hope Scotty Verner is fit and firing. It will be very interesting to see this weeks result against what appears to be a greatly improved Geelong West side.
Bourke, Otoole, Hutchinson and verner to go into that forward line from Saturdays game but I guess lucky for west they still won't be available for this weeks game. There's still alot off improvement to come out of Corio.

From
B
Bourke, Otoole, Hutchinson and verner to go into that forward line from Saturdays game but I guess lucky for west they still won't be available for this weeks game. There's still alot off improvement to come out of Corio.
From all reports, your a much improved side with a lot more added experience this season, but just lacked a little bit of fitness to see out the match. Those 4 additions will certainly add some much needed fire power down forward.

B
Definatley will be a good game devil, I didnt get a chance to get out and watch my cheetahs on saturday, but from what I've herd they look like a very different and much improved side. Not only relying on Sims and Harro , Washo has built a team around them and has done some very smart under the radar recruiting will be very interesting to see how they go this year, and should be a close one sat.

Definatley will be a good game devil, I didnt get a chance to get out and watch my cheetahs on saturday, but from what I've herd they look like a very different and much improved side. Not only relying on Sims and Harro , Washo has built a team around them and has done some very smart under the radar recruiting will be very interesting to see how they go this year, and should be a close one sat.[/qshould
It should be a great game both sides have improved alot since last season, obviously hopefully the devils in a close one :)

Even though Winch are winless, they are definaltly the big improvers!
What happened with Thomson, did they have a few out?
Alex Johnson apparently broke his wrist Friday night
Breguet easily best forward in the comp

Even though Winch are winless, they are definaltly the big improvers!
What happened with Thomson, did they have a few out?
Alex Johnson apparently broke his wrist Friday night
Breguet easily best forward in the comp

Thomson surprised me aswell, early rounds always throw a few spanners in the works. Winch have out a fight up to the last years grand finalists which would be encorouging for them. As for breguet, comes up against probably the best defensive side in the league. Already looks like a cracker for the new look north geelong side to come up against bell post hill this week

Thomson surprised me aswell, early rounds always throw a few spanners in the works. Winch have out a fight up to the last years grand finalists which would be encorouging for them. As for breguet, comes up against probably the best defensive side in the league. Already looks like a cracker for the new look north geelong side to come up against bell post hill this week
Interesting to see Breguet- Clarke vs Javanovic- Tarr who is the best 2 Key forward team??? Both teams have good back lines... But I think BPH mids with Symes in the ruck are stronger than Norths?? So BPH to win? I seen Johnson at newtown game on sat with arm in plaster and i believe Ricky Otoole and MacKenzies(winch) reported for striking each other.... East have Banno,North,Werr, Belmont and BPH so there next 5 weeks could be really tough with no Johnson and if Rick gets 2/3 weeks East could hurt there double chance,... Winch are clearly the biggest improves this year possibly finalist ? From easy beats to finalist would be amazing turn-around.... Thompson have lost key players from last year but recuited very good gfl res players from Newtown so not sure what's there problems are injuries or not settled in with new game plan under Bones Clarke or just simply not playing well as it is only 2 weeks into the season I'm sure their not worried yet?

Ricky has been charged with kicking and striking brad McKenzie, brad had been charged with striking Ricky. Also Ben Bolton has been charged with striking.

I am indifferent about striking - yellow and red cards are nearly sufficent punishment, maybe an automatic week for a red - but if found guilty of kicking, he should be harshly dealt with. 4 weeks min.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that put him in the de-registration zone which is a total of 16 weeks suspended i believe or could be wrong?
Not to sure about that.
Very good point you raise though.
Would be devistating for Ricky if that was the case, with all the contrabution he has put in to local football to end he career like that.

Does that put him in the de-registration zone which is a total of 16 weeks suspended i believe or could be wrong?

It's definately 16 weeks, and for a career that has spanned so long and considering the toughness of him, he could very well be close to that.
Another one to watch is Sam Clark. He has quite a few weeks under his belt and just came off 6 weeks suspension for striking in the BFL grand final in 2011 but was only given it last year as he didn't turn up to the tribunal.

Suspended persons can not be named on the team sheet - so Rick cannot coach, run water, team manage, or time keep.

not sure if he can be in the rooms at half time or even before the game, but would imagine the tribunal would have advised him what he can or cant do when they handed down the penalty.

Suspended persons can not be named on the team sheet - so Rick cannot coach, run water, team manage, or time keep.

not sure if he can be in the rooms at half time or even before the game, but would imagine the tribunal would have advised him what he can or cant do when they handed down the penalty.
The Addy said today that he IS allowed to coach and be on the ground.
I agreed with you though Bizza, because if I recall, Nathan Lewis wasn't allowed to coach a junior side after he got banned.

Boofa Lewis was De-registered, which i think may be different - but most of the AFL rules suggest that when a player is suspended, the registration is suspended also.

even if he can coach, will be a big loss out on the ground though. misses games against North, WC, BPH and Thomson

Boofa Lewis was De-registered, which i think may be different - but most of the AFL rules suggest that when a player is suspended, the registration is suspended also.

even if he can coach, will be a big loss out on the ground though. misses games against North, WC, BPH and Thomson
Bizza,

! notice a few players seem to be missing from the one's, can you inform us what's happening with Fursland, Overall and Holzfiend and if they have anyone else likely to be in their best team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back