Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

lockyer12

Draftee
Aug 20, 2010
wangaratta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
anyone heard about number 46 from rovers? played 2's on the weekend but looked SOLID. Raking left boot. some news that he may be off to Swanpool... can someone please help me out here?

Whispers are about this week down WJ Findley way that number 46 is the one to replace the invaluable Norman and may even go head to head with Henneman.Wouldnt be surprised if this were the case, heard Swanpool threw the cheque book at him

RATPACK

Debutant
Jan 15, 2008
ON A ROAD TO KNOW WHERE
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Whispers are about this week down WJ Findley way that number 46 is the one to replace the invaluable Norman and may even go head to head with Henneman.Wouldnt be surprised if this were the case, heard Swanpool threw the cheque book at him

swanpool are just wasting there money they need another 10 of these blokes just to make the bottem half of finals

Capt D

Draftee
Jul 6, 2011
DownUnder
AFL Club
Carlton
Suggest the league needs to look at getting rid of the send off rule. Lavi had two boys sent off on the weekend that were found not guilty at the tribunal, yet they were pretty heavily penalized on game day, maybe even cost them the game. I think that might have happened a couple of times. Reports on match day are fine, but let the tribunal handle the penalty in case they are not guilty.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Suggest the league needs to look at getting rid of the send off rule. Lavi had two boys sent off on the weekend that were found not guilty at the tribunal, yet they were pretty heavily penalized on game day, maybe even cost them the game. I think that might have happened a couple of times. Reports on match day are fine, but let the tribunal handle the penalty in case they are not guilty.

Its a bit of a double edged sword. You make a really good point regarding being sent off then being found not guilty but i reckon umpires still need to be able to get rid of blokes making ********s of themselves and who do cheap, dirty things ie: king hits etc

hottieburger

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How did Fev go at the Tribunal? Coming up for a cricket trip in 2 weeks time to watch him play and get up to the normal cricket trip shenanigans :thumbsu:. Hoping he got off or only got 1 week.

krusty123

Rookie
Dec 19, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Melbourne
Its a bit of a double edged sword. You make a really good point regarding being sent off then being found not guilty but i reckon umpires still need to be able to get rid of blokes making ********s of themselves and who do cheap, dirty things ie: king hits etc

A few questions?

1. Did the boundary umpire make all 3 reports??? If so that is a very strange thing to occur
2. Were they all behind the ball incidents??
3. Did the boundary umpire send the players off?

Its been over 6 years since I field umpired in the O&M but when I was last there the boundary umpires had absolutely no right to produce a yellow or red card. They didn't even carry them. If a boundary umpire made a report - which happened occasionally - the player could not be asked to leave the field.

This line of thought leads me to ask one further question - Is there currently a directive to O&M field umpires to enforce such a send-off at the next end-of-quarter break?

This can be dangerous policy when a boundary umpire can be appointed to that level without having anywhere near the same knowledge or 'feel' for the game as the field umpires. My understanding of the current situation makes me think that this is the case.

The Crumber

Debutant
Aug 7, 2006
South Louth
AFL Club
Richmond
A few questions?

1. Did the boundary umpire make all 3 reports??? If so that is a very strange thing to occur
2. Were they all behind the ball incidents??
3. Did the boundary umpire send the players off?

Its been over 6 years since I field umpired in the O&M but when I was last there the boundary umpires had absolutely no right to produce a yellow or red card. They didn't even carry them. If a boundary umpire made a report - which happened occasionally - the player could not be asked to leave the field.

This line of thought leads me to ask one further question - Is there currently a directive to O&M field umpires to enforce such a send-off at the next end-of-quarter break?

This can be dangerous policy when a boundary umpire can be appointed to that level without having anywhere near the same knowledge or 'feel' for the game as the field umpires. My understanding of the current situation makes me think that this is the case.

1. No. The Bartel one was the central (Kaindl - sp?). Same BO reported Fevola & Harris.
2. Don't think any of them could be construed that way.
3. Central sent off Bartel & Harris. Fevola just didn't reappear. Incident was just before 1/2 time, and the break must have been BO's first opportunity to tell someone in authority.

nonch

All Australian
Jun 4, 2008
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
san antonio spurs
O&M football is well and truely up and about... What a Round.

Too bad this board isn't! Thought there would be a bit of talk this week!

Looking forward to Hartwig v Fev next week. Tyson absolutely smashed Henneman yesterday - kept him to two touches from my reckoning and would have had more than 20 himself.

forward pocket

Senior List
May 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Well hasn't this round turned the league on it's head.....

Ha ha. Albury certainly are not used to this losing caper. Had a crisis meeting last night!! Well not a crisis meeting as such, I guess you would call it a honesty meeting, no senior coaches in the rooms, just the assistants and the players. A bit of a heart to heart about the effort of some players, however when you bag players in front of all the other players sometimes it can have the opposite effect - they certainly are not playing at their best at the minute but I reckon it might be a bit early for these sort of discussions!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wheateater

Rookie
Aug 19, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Tips for round 3

Roos by 3 pts over Myrt - Game of the round for mine, reckon it will be a cracker. Corowa are a much better side at home, and I think Myrt while being very impressive last weekmight struggle to repeat this 2 weeks in a row. I could be proved very wrong with this tip though.

Yarra by 40 pts over Rovers - Too strong at home, and with Hendricks and Fev coming into the side. There has been talk around the club about playing McMillian in the backline for some time now. That's where he started when he came to the O&M, hope he plays down back all year.

Lavi by 36 pts over Wang - Wang will come out firing after last weeks unexpected defeat, but Lavi too classy.

Albury by 80 pts over North - Think they will come out and make a statement that they are far from a spent force.

Raiders by 8 pts over Dogs - Reckon this will be closer than people think.

rioli brownlow

All Australian
Sep 30, 2005
victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
essendon
great to see another myrtleford saints junior getting selected for his first Afl game this weekend! congrats JACK CRISP on yuor selection in the brisbane lions side

Sep 29, 2005
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Redskins, NUFC
Funny you should bring Wong up, had an interesting chat with him today for tomorrow's paper. Very honest fella. Called everything how he saw it. Refreshing.

Clyde's mullet

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Phoenix
Funny you should bring Wong up, had an interesting chat with him today for tomorrow's paper. Very honest fella. Called everything how he saw it. Refreshing.
Firstly in regards to James Wong and winning the goal kicking I'm not sure whether he did and if he did it was in a lowly division.
Just a few questions for you Bourky. I was at Corowa today and saw the whole game. I was amazed to hear on the way home you radio guys vote Stephen Tiller for BOG. He spent the bulk of the game opposed to Matt Taberner and never went near him allowing Taberner to take at least 15 marks. Tiller did do some good stuff and probably was one of the best especially in the second half but I would have had, in no order, Mooney-Lane-Witherden-Rhodes-Filliponi-Wilson-Kuschert-Taberner & Wales, all ahead of him. Bring back David Johnson next week or it will be the wannabee Rex Hunts at 2AY for me.

Sep 29, 2005
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Redskins, NUFC
Just a few questions for you Bourky. I was at Corowa today and saw the whole game. I was amazed to hear on the way home you radio guys vote Stephen Tiller for BOG. He spent the bulk of the game opposed to Matt Taberner and never went near him allowing Taberner to take at least 15 marks. Tiller did do some good stuff and probably was one of the best especially in the second half but I would have had, in no order, Mooney-Lane-Witherden-Rhodes-Filliponi-Wilson-Kuschert-Taberner & Wales, all ahead of him.

Very surprised to hear that, I didn't think there was a shred of doubt that Tiller was best on?

Taberner showed plenty, yes, but all of his marks were up the ground/on the wing and at the end of the day he kicked one goal playing as a key forward.

Tiller would have had more than 20 kicks for the game and set the Roos up beautifully across half back.

I thought it was more Taberner trying to get away from Tiller rather than Tiller not going near him.

He had a role to play down back and refused to get sucked up the ground.

I thought Corcoran was the Saints' best.

Filliponi, Mooney and Rhodes all sensational for Corowa.

kevin baldale

Debutant
Nov 27, 2010
baldale
AFL Club
St Kilda
Don't always agree with Bourky but Tiller was great and got the club auction vote -Roos back six were sensational and are starting to gel. The young players really stood up and with twos winning again there is an increase in depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back