Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Patty Rose to step up and then Lambo off to North Albury is the word isn't it with Bob Craig having enough??

Whats does an Ovens & Murray coach get paid nowadays?? If it is half as much as Yarra's full forward I might apply!! Serious question on the coaching front though, but I guess like all player payments it would vary massively from club to club and so on regarding credentials.

have heard master recruiter Dave Nichol it tapping in on his Nth Albury mates again Mcdonald is a whisper, as for payments same as players whatever the club can afford non playing anywhere from 20 to 30k

Is Judd Porter the only playing coach in the O&M? With him stepping down, does that mean the end of playing coaches in major leagues? There are no playing coaches in the GVFL. I think Tatura's last one was Danny Stevens around 10 years ago.

Is Judd Porter the only playing coach in the O&M? With him stepping down, does that mean the end of playing coaches in major leagues? There are no playing coaches in the GVFL. I think Tatura's last one was Danny Stevens around 10 years ago.

There is atleast 6 other playing coaches in the O&M. Think playing coaches will be around for awhile in the O&M.

I hope Dean Heta doesn't pay the price for Raiders citing fev. Hopefully it doesn't come back and bite them. Maybe they should have just let it go. I am sure if it was one of the raiders local players and not one of the melb guys nothing would have been done about it! When the presidents away the club falls apart I am sure he wouldn't have agreed with the actions of the fill in.

Great to see NSW-ACT fair so well at the country championships but it has me amazed that NSW only get a crack at the leftovers the VCFL don't want. I know the O and M is affiliated with the VCFL but take Joel Mackie for example, Jindera boy through and through and has only ever played at NSW based clubs yet is available for Vic Country first. Imagine if NSW has access to Dan Leslie, Pender etc who are from Albury based clubs and played almost alll their careers there. No doubt they would of been playing Vic Country in the final and maybe even pushed them in the final. Any thoughts?

I have just heard some very interesting news that AFC has cancelled their Function Saturday night which was booked in for 6 months so the Footballers can "concentrate on their game against Yarra".

I find it bizarre a post match function would effect the result of a game of footy starting at 2pm, what has country footy come to? What has the AFC come to? It may have been a good chance for their new Irish Import Kenearlly to learn some names of his teamates as 4 games doesn't give him long.

Considering they have players flying in for the last few games to take the spot of good young players, they are now cancelling club functions which create commararderie is it any wonder they are struggling to fill a seconds team because they have had about 10 walk out since the start of the year. Lets just say that AFC not the happiest place in the world at the minute. Pressure mounting....

I have just heard some very interesting news that AFC has cancelled their Function Saturday night which was booked in for 6 months so the Footballers can "concentrate on their game against Yarra".

I find it bizarre a post match function would effect the result of a game of footy starting at 2pm, what has country footy come to? What has the AFC come to? It may have been a good chance for their new Irish Import Kenearlly to learn some names of his teamates as 4 games doesn't give him long.

Considering they have players flying in for the last few games to take the spot of good young players, they are now cancelling club functions which create commararderie is it any wonder they are struggling to fill a seconds team because they have had about 10 walk out since the start of the year. Lets just say that AFC not the happiest place in the world at the minute. Pressure mounting....

Sounds like Albury are taking the game pretty seriously. I'd be worried if I were Yarrawonga.. Uh oh :0

Nothing new, pretty sure they did something similar after lavi beat them last year. was the call of the leadership group. History tells us how that all panned out last year.

Nothing new, pretty sure they did something similar after lavi beat them last year. was the call of the leadership group. History tells us how that all panned out last year.

I wasn't just talking in the football sense as a football club is more than just the senior footy game each week was my point. I thought most clubs have functions to spend time with supporters, netballers, raise money for the club and so on but I guess Albury don't need any of that either. Anyway just thought it was poor form and a bit precious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well watched Fev yesterday and was really dissapointed with the game. The standard was very poor and North did themselves no favours playing Liesle on him. There backline was flooded more then the Murray River. Number 27 had so many easy kicks . His new nickname should be Shelley's No More Gaps. The way the played was so boring to watch . After Fev hurt is knee and was hopping around on one leg they should have let him kick is 100 and go off. Like he did in the end !!! Having Liesle down back was hurting them up forward. Yarra look for fev at every chance which is boring to watch the ball go backward then forward. I will say he knows how to lead into the right spots and kick great goals. He was a great guy after the game in the bar and we had a few laughs with him. North need a high profile coach who can find them alot of good players !!! There best players were 98 and 99 not sure who they were but they copped it from the crowd for having such high numbers. Yarras best was The Big Sauce 35 ( I think ) took some greatgrabs and played really well over the ground. On a final note the umpires don't were very hard to work out.

I see Joss tigers got beaten again so maybe it will be a Yarra V Rovers GF. Maybe O&M should have pick Wang !!!

Well watched Fev yesterday and was really dissapointed with the game. The standard was very poor and North did themselves no favours playing Liesle on him. There backline was flooded more then the Murray River. Number 27 had so many easy kicks . His new nickname should be Shelley's No More Gaps. The way the played was so boring to watch . After Fev hurt is knee and was hopping around on one leg they should have let him kick is 100 and go off. Like he did in the end !!! Having Liesle down back was hurting them up forward. Yarra look for fev at every chance which is boring to watch the ball go backward then forward. I will say he knows how to lead into the right spots and kick great goals. He was a great guy after the game in the bar and we had a few laughs with him. North need a high profile coach who can find them alot of good players !!! There best players were 98 and 99 not sure who they were but they copped it from the crowd for having such high numbers. Yarras best was The Big Sauce 35 ( I think ) took some greatgrabs and played really well over the ground. On a final note the umpires don't were very hard to work out.

I see Joss tigers got beaten again so maybe it will be a Yarra V Rovers GF. Maybe O&M should have pick Wang !!!

I was there too. I think Yarra played poorly in the first quarter and a half and North should have made them pay but only got a couple of goals clear. Had they taken their opportunities it could have been a different story as Yarra would have been forced to play properly and wouldn't have looked for Fev each time. The last quarter was difficult to watch as they had to chip it numerous times around the fifty to draw North players out so they could give it to Fev.

I thought Leslie did a great job on him and was definitely the right move. Fev couldn't outmuscle him and throw him around. 2 of his goals were snaps including a gimme when they kicked it straight to him from a kickout, and the others were on the lead and Les was probably a step too slow. But when Les was moved forward he had little influence as Yarra began to dominate. I have no doubts that if they played properlyFev would have only kicked 2 or 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back