Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Listening to Aka on the 2AY sports program, he is coming to Albury tomorrow for an announcement and he is talking about coaching. Interesting to see what comes of it?

Aker it is !!! That's very highprofile coach. Who will he bring and how much coin do the hoppers have.? Will he last the year out ? They better have a good safe there aswell. All the best Hoppers and it sounds like Fev is back aswell !!!

I know its early days, but do you think there is any truth to the rumour Mitch Hahn & Ryan Hargrave could follow? I know Aker & Hahn are good mates.

Hahn is an assistant at Collingwood so I highly doubt he will.
Haven't heard anything about Hargrave, or even that they were mates to begin with.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Hahn play a game or two.

Also, the die hards on vflfooty are reporting Patrick Rose has signed with Avondale heights in the EDFL.

Well I'm guessing Aker won't be calling anyone from Brisbane !!! Hahn would be very handy but how much coin do North have will depend on who they get. Look what's happening at Raiders. No finals for them next year . Must be time to build a few house's for 2014.

Aker it is !!! That's very highprofile coach. Who will he bring and how much coin do the hoppers have.? Will he last the year out ? They better have a good safe there aswell. All the best Hoppers and it sounds like Fev is back aswell !!!
Scary one this appointment. Aside from dollars , Aker has never coached at a senior level (as far as I know) and to be a playing coach based in Melbourne in a more then semi professional competition is just absurd.....anyway , time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't have thought Bradshaw would play against the bulldogs. He had said a few years ago he would like to finish his playing days there

Daniel Bradshaw to North Albury with Aker, Brad Ottens to tigerland.

Love the Ottens one ( Hyde influence )
Bradshaw won't play at any level next year. I have been told his knee's are shot. He can only run straight lines. He may coach with Aker but Benny Hollands is hounded him really bad. Hollands also after Church from Howlong. But he may end up at DMB . They will need find a big man soon since Ohlin as left to the coast. Loves the coin !!!

Any truth in the rumour that there is a few leaving the dogs to play with twitt including an O&M rep medalist ?

It was doswell and shir but both are believed to be contracted to wodonga.
Gee the Dogs wouldn't be happy if they left. Shir only came back half way through the season and you would have thought he would hang next season .
Carpenter to Rovers is that a shock or is he wanting to play in a better side?? Maybe he's done a MacFlip after his little episode ??

Scary one this appointment. Aside from dollars , Aker has never coached at a senior level (as far as I know) and to be a playing coach based in Melbourne in a more then semi professional competition is just absurd.....anyway , time will tell.

I read article that he works in Albury with the the Presidents son or a player so that is probably the link & that Aker is getting his Pilot license & will fly himself in for training .
Maybe his own jet is part of the sign on!

If Aker can gain the respect of his players as a coach,beyond his playing ability, don't be surprised if he is a very good coach.
we only know him from what we see in the media but he has very good footy brain , just whether he can translate his ideas n theories into practice will be his biggest challenge & to be able to keep his ego in check.
He'll be a good leader on the training track with his work ethic , may take him time to adjust to players not working hard like he did but that's always a learning curve for coaches & players when dropping down to a lower standard.

Yarrawonga will be bolstered next year with the significant signings of kayne pettifer & jarrod Thompson. Most will know pettifer & his connection with Ednie, while JT has been a super star of the Hampden league with sth warrnambool, where he won a league medal & was regarded very highly. He has relatives in yarrawonga & will be living there for the 2013 season. Plays predominantly as a key back/midfielder.

Yarrawonga will be bolstered next year with the significant signings of kayne pettifer & jarrod Thompson. Most will know pettifer & his connection with Ednie, while JT has been a super star of the Hampden league with sth warrnambool, where he won a league medal & was regarded very highly. He has relatives in yarrawonga & will be living there for the 2013 season. Plays predominantly as a key back/midfielder.

Add ex-Brisbane Lion Luke Hammond to that impressive duo. Gonna take an unbelievably good side to knock off Yarrawonga in 2013.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back