Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard a whisper that Kite had his clearance denied.

Can this be confirmed?? If so, why??

Sort of normal when a gun player wants to leave a club and club doesnt want them to leave isnt it?......
Knock back 1st clearance

Sort of normal when a gun player wants to leave a club and club doesnt want them to leave isnt it?......
Knock back 1st clearance

I guess so. Seems silly though. If he doesnt want to play at Glenroy then why hold him??

If he wants to play in melbourne again Glenroy will never get him back

I guess so. Seems silly though. If he doesnt want to play at Glenroy then why hold him??

If he wants to play in melbourne again Glenroy will never get him back

Guess they are either trying to make life hard for Aaron Kite & Matty Knox, or they are trying to renegotiate a deal with the pair...

Either way they cant really NOT clear them if they dont want to play for Glenroy, under Lance Whitnall & Co.

Guess they are either trying to make life hard for Aaron Kite & Matty Knox, or they are trying to renegotiate a deal with the pair...

Either way they cant really NOT clear them if they dont want to play for Glenroy, under Lance Whitnall & Co.

Under the EDFL ruling, if a player is owing money to a club, they can reject their clearance. Now im not sure of the circumstances, but I doubt very highly that glenroy would be holding either of them, they have let both of them go before, they can do it again.

Under the EDFL ruling, if a player is owing money to a club, they can reject their clearance. Now im not sure of the circumstances, but I doubt very highly that glenroy would be holding either of them, they have let both of them go before, they can do it again.

Sounds interesting legend09..do you know more on this ?

Every year heaps of clearances initially get denied and approved next time around..thats all i know...
if a bloke doesnt want to play at a club,the club cant hold them to ransom.
he wants to play footy :footy:

Sounds interesting legend09..do you know more on this ?

Every year heaps of clearances initially get denied and approved next time around..thats all i know...
if a bloke doesnt want to play at a club,the club cant hold them to ransom.
he wants to play footy :footy:

What happens if a player has signed a two year deal and the decides he wants to go after one?

Just like Steer Wang and Nth Wang last year GIF, if the player is still contracted the club doesn't have to reaease him....

That's what I mean maybe these guys may have signed contracts at these clubs that is why the clearances have been denied!

You might find that the red, white and black are in fact once again in dire financial trouble :mad: possibly the young bloke is having second thoughts :confused:
can't get a clearance might actually read "can't see a future in the Ovens Valley!"

Heard from a close mate that Lee Dale of Myrtleford was at Raiders trainning on Monday night. Any news if he's signed?

Would be a blow for Myrtleford after lossing Coomes, as he's a good young player.

I heard a whisper that the Chapman boys are good at football.

Are they still going to pulling the socks on this year at Myrtleford??

I heard a whisper that the Chapman boys are good at football.

Are they still going to pulling the socks on this year at Myrtleford??
Yes.

And Lee Dale is signed and delivered also.

I don't buy into all this talk of the Saints going backwards, they literally haven't lost anyone from last years list, have picked up an ex AFL listed player and will see another step in the development of the young guns that played in the thirds GF of 2010.

Please Border Mail-no more Fevola for a while.The bloke is a bogan.If I wanted to follow his tweets I would.The only thing that you haven't reported on him is his week...there's an idea-have him do 1 week at a time.It was sooooo good.Give it a REST FOR A WHILE NOW PLEASE.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please Border Mail-no more Fevola for a while.The bloke is a bogan.If I wanted to follow his tweets I would.The only thing that you haven't reported on him is his week...there's an idea-have him do 1 week at a time.It was sooooo good.Give it a REST FOR A WHILE NOW PLEASE.

Don't like the Fevola Morning Mail Switch ? We know you love One Week at a Time. maybe they could do you ! You are right though....don't know the point of reprinting the twits tweets on twitter. If we wanted to read it, we would follow him. I think young Jake's got a mancrush.

Don't like the Fevola Morning Mail Switch ? We know you love One Week at a Time. maybe they could do you ! You are right though....don't know the point of reprinting the twits tweets on twitter. If we wanted to read it, we would follow him. I think young Jake's got a mancrush.

Frustrating. Basically every thing they have done has come from suggestions on here anyway.Opponents;Number of goals etc have all had stories on here.I stopped buying the overpriced paper on Wednesdays and any more overkill on this bogan and I may rock the circulation by keeping my $1.30 in my pocket each day again! Be forewarned Jake:D:D

Frustrating. Basically every thing they have done has come from suggestions on here anyway.Opponents;Number of goals etc have all had stories on here.I stopped buying the overpriced paper on Wednesdays and any more overkill on this bogan and I may rock the circulation by keeping my $1.30 in my pocket each day again! Be forewarned Jake:D:D
to be honest the border mail keeps the O&M alive to some point:thumbsu: Fev is helping of course, but some of the print media in other leagues is absolutely terrible. :thumbsu::thumbsu: Border Mail are pretty damned good!

Agree completely.

What about the poor 400 odd blokes in the O & M first and seconds who have been training 3 times week in the heat to prepare for their season for the last 3 weeks. No mention of any other club or player since this Fev crap started.

As a young bloke going through a tough pre-season it'd be nice to have something said about you or your club and you may even sneak into a photo and start the old fashioned 'SCRAP BOOK' of your O & M career.

Unfortunately this year no-one else is going to even get a look in in the Border Mail, just a bloke who won't train once, won't even know his teamates names and who is only palying 9 homes games. Geez the bloke can play but give it a spell surely.

hey lads - surely Fev is the biggest thing to happen in the O & M since Ablett played up in Myrtleford??:heart::heart::heart: It will settle down in due course surely.

hey lads - surely Fev is the biggest thing to happen in the O & M since Ablett played up in Myrtleford??:heart::heart::heart: It will settle down in due course surely.

It will.

As much as it is annoying atm, I agree the BM does a great job keeping the comp pumped.

Hate to think how much more rubbish the crowds would be if they didn't find angles to push (=controversy, beat up, human interest etc).

And how much good is the publicity doing Yarra (and their sponsors) and by association the O&M? Yarra'll have a Messiah complex by May.

Clubs vary in their ability to service the reptiles of the media due to internal skills or understanding or the volunteer time thing, or insularity, fear, jealousy <add excuse here> but Yarra are fair dinkum monopolising the sports column inches on the back of this situation.

I hope it has a happy ending (short of a Yarra flag!!!) because the people hoping for failure will help spread the news far and wide. Such an outcome may discourage future high profile players from coming to the O&M.

to be honest the border mail keeps the O&M alive to some point:thumbsu: Fev is helping of course, but some of the print media in other leagues is absolutely terrible. :thumbsu::thumbsu: Border Mail are pretty damned good!
I actually agree,love their coverage.Just think they are lowering their standards with the overkill.(EG as touched on the tweets etc) and of course my bugbear 1 week at a time,

Talking to people in the know out south of Yarrawonga a few nights back and they tell me that Fev is in fact at Yarra for reasons other than the playing surface and atmosphere of the Grove Oval?:mad: Would be the eternal optimist to think otherwise. It's a pity Ednie and Wollington won't be there to pour it down his throat!:spade:

It will.

As much as it is annoying atm, I agree the BM does a great job keeping the comp pumped.

Hate to think how much more rubbish the crowds would be if they didn't find angles to push (=controversy, beat up, human interest etc).

And how much good is the publicity doing Yarra (and their sponsors) and by association the O&M? Yarra'll have a Messiah complex by May.

Clubs vary in their ability to service the reptiles of the media due to internal skills or understanding or the volunteer time thing, or insularity, fear, jealousy <add excuse here> but Yarra are fair dinkum monopolising the sports column inches on the back of this situation.

I hope it has a happy ending (short of a Yarra flag!!!) because the people hoping for failure will help spread the news far and wide. Such an outcome may discourage future high profile players from coming to the O&M.

Perhaps with all the sponsors pooring money into the club Yarra can get some undercover area for opposition clubs outside the visitors rooms ??????
:):):)

Gee what do the O&M want. It was ok to bet on the flag but know we want to bet on something else it's a different story.Come on they can't have it both ways or they are worries they will miss out on some extra money?? Fev will more good for the O&M then bad along with The Raiders recuirts . And the O&M isn't the best league outside melbourne until they have number 1 status !!!

Hey Bourkey just wondering why I had to pay for fridays border. With that full back page foxtel add it should have been free...:D:D:D

Yes.

And Lee Dale is signed and delivered also.

I don't buy into all this talk of the Saints going backwards, they literally haven't lost anyone from last years list, have picked up an ex AFL listed player and will see another step in the development of the young guns that played in the thirds GF of 2010.

looking forward to seeing them play easter sunday, up there every easter for the tennis tournement and never miss the game! go saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back