Season 2012

switch the play

All Australian
Jan 7, 2007
albury
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Let's hope all the influx of new players pull on the inter league jumper, be interesting how, many are prepared to. Feasibly have 7or 8 guys who played regular VFL footy in 2011. Fevola,Rose,Davies,Stratton,Saker,Dickson,Magpies recruit before you add any others . Augurs well for a return to the winning list

cecil

Club Legend
Feb 28, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
amen to that.

anyone game to post a competition best 22?

I dont get to many games anymore, but for a start:

FB: , Koehler,
HB: , Saker,
C: Mackie, Stretton, S. Daly
HF: Doolan, Henneman, K Stevens
FF: Rose, Fevola
R: Keenan, Hyde, Davies
INT: Pendergast,

Someone else could probably do better and fill in the gaps

Capt D

Draftee
Jul 6, 2011
DownUnder
AFL Club
Carlton

If you went purely on reputation and past experience it might look like this. Reality is that 1/2 side probably wont play..

FB: Barnes, Koehler, M Spencer
HB: M Stevens, Saker, K Stevens
HF: Doolan, Henneman, Leslie
FF: Rose, Fevola, Hollands
R: Norman, Hyde, Davies
INT: Pendergast, J Allan, Kite

marcopolo

Senior List
Jan 15, 2012
shepparton
AFL Club
Sydney

not sure how late i am but where has the fev ended up!

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
i will quote my own qoute as i just read yarra is the rumour!! Sorry boys! Amazing forward line if him and rose are lingering in there for interleauge:thumbsu:

Guys, if the Fev is going to Yarra on the basis of playing for a fee that helps him pay off a gambling debt... well I just dont comprenend that. He could come to the same arrangement with many other clubs,... eg clubs that are melbourne surburban hence eliminating the travel aspect.or is the gambling debt, owed to a local Yarra person that is a financial supporter of Yarra.?
Fev has twitted that he has done a deal, and will most likely play in the home games only.thats 9 games ,,, your kidding.

Sep 29, 2005
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Redskins, NUFC
The big fella is quite amused by the gambling debt rumour, found it quite funny.

Take his word for whatever you want but he says it's not true.

forward pocket

Senior List
May 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
We may as well post thoughts on season 2012 under the correct thread-Go for it!:thumbsu:

Hey STP,
Not sure if it's possible or if anyone had the same trouble as me, but can you alter the thread title to include Ovens & Murray or O & M or somethiing.....it's taken me the whole month to fine this new thread just being Season 2012;)

I like to look for the local footy threads around Alb/Wod such as Hume, Tallangatta, Upper Murray and of course the O&M and I have just sneakily done myself a favour by mentioning them all so it's easier to find them all at once!!

Shaping up as a good and pretty tight season. But I for one hope Fev doesn't play in the O&M as I get sick of reading rubbish about him in the Melbourne papers, let alone how much the Border Mail would flog the hell out of him.....which already has started.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
Whispers are that he'll be playing in New Norfolk in Tasmania, potentially going down the Aker route of 1 off games everywhere

As for the getting the recruits in the Interleague Guernsey, its a tough one to figure out. From the league standpoint, they value their position in the rankings (well, they see it as important, anyway)

However i can also see it from a club perspective, plenty of time and money gone into securing these players, why would they want to risk them getting injured in a game which has absolutely no impact on the success for the club.

switch the play

All Australian
Jan 7, 2007
albury
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Raiders clutching at straws in todays paper I reckon.Long long long way to being a senior O&M player from another code.Good luck to our own "Issy" though:thumbsu:

Viking Boy

Rookie
May 9, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Guys, if the Fev is going to Yarra on the basis of playing for a fee that helps him pay off a gambling debt... well I just dont comprenend that. He could come to the same arrangement with many other clubs,... eg clubs that are melbourne surburban hence eliminating the travel aspect.or is the gambling debt, owed to a local Yarra person that is a financial supporter of Yarra.?
Fev has twitted that he has done a deal, and will most likely play in the home games only.thats 9 games ,,, your kidding.

How about this for a scenario on Fevola.
He owes money to a or many bookmakers perhaps one from Darwin who has ties back to Yarrawonga.
One hell of a sponsorship deal cutting it out with a club from your old stamping ground ?

Personally though how would the players feel with a guy of Fev's calibre just coming up for home games, just to settle a debt ?
And is it just the home games being due to Yarra saying we don't want to boost the gates of the away games ???????

"Just a theory"

AYJSKK123

Senior List
Oct 5, 2007
brunswick, melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
KoondrookBarham,Fitz Reds
How about this for a scenario on Fevola.
He owes money to a or many bookmakers perhaps one from Darwin who has ties back to Yarrawonga.
One hell of a sponsorship deal cutting it out with a club from your old stamping ground ?

Personally though how would the players feel with a guy of Fev's calibre just coming up for home games, just to settle a debt ?
And is it just the home games being due to Yarra saying we don't want to boost the gates of the away games ???????

"Just a theory"

Been reading the Ballarat FL thread and all the talk on there is that Fev has signed with Darley. His manager Marty Pask is playing there!! Maybe he owes a bookie there as well!!!

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Been reading the Ballarat FL thread and all the talk on there is that Fev has signed with Darley. His manager Marty Pask is playing there!! Maybe he owes a bookie there as well!!!

Theres a deal been done somewhere, because there are very few rumours as to where the Fev mite play in 2012. He has played 6 games this summer up in Darwin in the NTFL (a good standard league,at a guess equivalent, if not a little better, to the Murray league) .and has averaged 8.75 goals a game.
Talking to a mate up there, he commented that the Fevs presence has seen an increase in gatetakings/crowd by some 50 %.a good increase in revenue for the club hes playing for.
I guess we will find out soon where he will play.

snifferdog

Debutant
Jan 10, 2012
barny
AFL Club
Geelong
Theres a deal been done somewhere, because there are very few rumours as to where the Fev mite play in 2012. He has played 6 games this summer up in Darwin in the NTFL (a good standard league,at a guess equivalent, if not a little better, to the Murray league) .and has averaged 8.75 goals a game.
Talking to a mate up there, he commented that the Fevs presence has seen an increase in gatetakings/crowd by some 50 %.a good increase in revenue for the club hes playing for.

Nth Albury will be disappointed that the boys that went to Darwin this summer are now playing the winter up at Port Douglas

JDC!

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond

Many would say that the NTFL is the equivalent, if not a little better, to the O&M. Hard to tell I guess, as it's played in the "off-season" to the other states and therefore, no inter-league.

switch the play

All Australian
Jan 7, 2007
albury
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Kade Brown and Kurt Bradshaw went up there.Nth losing those two;Holman;Myors and McAdam whilst not their elite were all certainly in their best 22.Fevola still will go over to try as a punter in the USA so that is the stumbling block from Yarra's point of view.He may go mid season or later.Either way they are committed to getting him for X amount of games.In regards to the Trippy rumour(paying him back) that is incorrect.
Lavington I hear have another gun committed,won't play the whole year though.Albury fitter than this time last year so they will be the short priced favourite.Raiders still leeking a few from their Prelim final side,Cassidy has signed there from Jindera though.Rovers will be the improvers adding quality where you need it-through the middle.
Bring on 2012. :thumbsu:

The Crumber

Debutant
Aug 7, 2006
South Louth
AFL Club
Richmond
Bit of discussion on Fev in the old 2011 forum, but seeing as it's 2012:

Fevola's tweet of a couple hours ago

Code:
It's down to 2 teams for footy this year both in the O&M decision on Monday bloody exited [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23needtolosemygut"]#[B]needtolosemygut[/B][/URL] [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23bringonthefooty"]#[B]bringonthefooty[/B][/URL]
The comment was made that he was going to Yarra as they were professional and had a great culture and a long serving President etc. All true.

I'm sure he's carefully weighing up both prospective club's cultures over the weekend and completely disregarding any notion of continuing some sort of tacky bidding war or suchlike.

Back