Season 2012

DanielJohns

Debutant
Nov 23, 2007
Wodonga
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Week one of the finals over, are the Raiders the biggest under achievers the O&M has seen for a long time, they topped up nicely with big gun recruits that cost plenty, but went no better than last year, still no coach and no garrentee that all the travellers will come back ,all this makes for interesting times at Birrallee park

rushed behinds

Debutant
Aug 28, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Heard last night the wang rovers are close to signing sam carpenter and are talking to lindsay gilbee for next season, be a fairly handy line up if they get them across the line..

rushed behinds

Debutant
Aug 28, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Heard last night the wang rovers are close to signing sam carpenter and are talking to lindsay gilbee for next season, be a fairly handy line up if they get them across the line..

Get it forward

All Australian
Nov 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
I heard the other day that the magpies job was down to two. Peter dean and mark knoble?

Has any other clubs announced coaches for next year yet?

Robbo62

Rookie
Feb 20, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Week one of the finals over, are the Raiders the biggest under achievers the O&M has seen for a long time, they topped up nicely with big gun recruits that cost plenty, but went no better than last year, still no coach and no garrentee that all the travellers will come back ,all this makes for interesting times at Birrallee park

Raiders had a very disappointing year. Spent a lot of cash on some good players but ended up no better than last year. Corey and Nichol were too centered around the melb recruits instead of a team game with the local talent that performed so well last year. As far as a premiership was concerned they were never in it because they didn't gel as a team. You always need recruits but they were too worried about making the melb guys look good and looked like they forget about the locals. They lost games they should have won by bad selection and bad coaching. Maybe a clean out with a new coach and senior coaching staff might help them to get back on track.

rushed behinds

Debutant
Aug 28, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Lavy would be spewing today, I'm still amazed they lost that game, credit to albury they made most of their opportunities and live to fight another day, but I don't think they will get past the hawks next week

boonanzaIV

Rookie
Jan 5, 2007
Other Teams
Collingwood
just wondering if anyone has heard any whispers on who may be coaching myrtleford in 2013? i hear stan magro has resigned!

B.Murray?
If true, expect Myrte to be strong as he will bring some needed topline players to compete with top sides.
Hopefully they keep most of their 2012 side together

kevin baldale

Debutant
Nov 27, 2010
baldale
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not far off landing Kev,id say when the Hume League finals are over one of the coaches will be announced
Not sure what happening at Corowa rip but i think the only pigs that fly are on route to singapore via QAF(piggery) mate -so tell us whats going on ? not many options left let alone co-coaches

Rip vanwinkel

All Australian
Jul 1, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Not sure what happening at Corowa rip but i think the only pigs that fly are on route to singapore via QAF(piggery) mate -so tell us whats going on ? not many options left let alone co-coaches
My early mail had Almond as one of the co coaches but as everyone knows he has since pulled out of the race.
Havnt heard too much of late Kev but can i offer my apologies for feeding you the wrong information.

kevin baldale

Debutant
Nov 27, 2010
baldale
AFL Club
St Kilda
My early mail had Almond as one of the co coaches but as everyone knows he has since pulled out of the race.
Havnt heard too much of late Kev but can i offer my apologies for feeding you the wrong information.
No need for that Rip we all get mislead from time to time. Main concern is Corowa's maybe looking for the perfect candidate but there is only a limited number that are committed to the cause and have the credentials. Re todays BMM.

Big Tex

Rookie
Jul 15, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just how good are Albury??
Will they win another over the perenial bridesmaids or is this Yarras year?

Albury are a club with great resources. Hat's off to them, they have had to did deep the last 2 weeks to reach the big dance. Albury v Yarra IV, could be the best of them all. Only difference this time around is that it seems like Yarra will set the pace and the tigers will have to try & go with them. Reckon it will either go 2 ways...yarra in a canter or an absolute classic that will come down to the wire.
What about tonights league medal ? Promises to be another great show.
Tips to take home Morry:
1st - B Davies (been super all year)
2nd - M Pendergast (when lavy have played well he has been outstanding)
3rd - K Norman/J Mackie - Pratt & Sheehan will probably cost Norman, Mackie probably supplied too much feedback for the men in oranges' liking)
Smokey - E Barlow - One of the biggest mid's going around, stands out and is just a quality ball user.
Big Roughie - B Fevola - Will get votes.

cecil

Club Legend
Feb 28, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If Albury get on top early it would be big for them.
A few doubts may creep in to the minds of the Yarra boys, especially after Stevens' comments in todays paper

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If Albury get on top early it would be big for them.
A few doubts may creep in to the minds of the Yarra boys, especially after Stevens' comments in todays paper
Yarras best chance this year to win the flag... Albury a bit battered and 2 hard games in the past 2 weeks.but to be 11 goals up at half time against the Rovers is exceptional. did they ease off in the 2nd half ??. If they still had coach Spargo, they would be a shoe in.

Here It Is

Club Legend
Aug 8, 2005
Parkville, Vic
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Nor-West Jets, CDHBU, Sydney Kings
Will the grand final be streamed live on the internet sunday?

Without doubt - http://oakfm.com.au/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=41

OAK-FM Football broadcast matchesThe final game and once again for the fourth year in a row, it's three time premiers the Albury Tigers up against the Yarrawonga Pigeons..We will also be broadcasting the thirds Wangaratta Magpies v Albury Tigers from 9am..Pre-match at 12pm kick off at 2.10. Don't forget to tune in at 6pm on Friday night for "Talking AFL". Thanks to Club Mulwala, the SS&A club, the Beechworth Bakery, North East Welding and all our sponsors, OAK-fm is football.

Big Tex

Rookie
Jul 15, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Albury are a club with great resources. Hat's off to them, they have had to did deep the last 2 weeks to reach the big dance. Albury v Yarra IV, could be the best of them all. Only difference this time around is that it seems like Yarra will set the pace and the tigers will have to try & go with them. Reckon it will either go 2 ways...yarra in a canter or an absolute classic that will come down to the wire.
What about tonights league medal ? Promises to be another great show.
Tips to take home Morry:
1st - B Davies (been super all year)
2nd - M Pendergast (when lavy have played well he has been outstanding)
3rd - K Norman/J Mackie - Pratt & Sheehan will probably cost Norman, Mackie probably supplied too much feedback for the men in oranges' liking)
Smokey - E Barlow - One of the biggest mid's going around, stands out and is just a quality ball user.
Big Roughie - B Fevola - Will get votes.

I'll eat my humble pie. Well done J Mac winning the Morris. A deserved winner. :thumbsu:

Post padding

Premiership Player
Nov 15, 2009
echuca
AFL Club
Carlton
Is Judd Porter the only playing coach in the O&M? With him stepping down, does that mean the end of playing coaches in major leagues? There are no playing coaches in the GVFL. I think Tatura's last one was Danny Stevens around 10 years ago.

2008 saw Rochy win the Granny with Daniel Smidt playing coach

Back