Season 2013 Bendigo FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could only field 14 senior players and no where near filling a 3rds team
Am I reading to much into this by thinking is there a bigger issue ?? You would think they would be keen as mustard or maybe no cash paid for practice games ?

Every club has a battle with numbers for Praccy's from time to time
Understand clubs have mixed lists for practice games but if correct only 14 seems low between seniors and seconds as you would expect close to 50 on their list
Why not play a reduced game if need be
Will they struggle in a few weeks time when people want easter or anzac weekend off ?

Understand clubs have mixed lists for practice games but if correct only 14 seems low between seniors and seconds as you would expect close to 50 on their list
Why not play a reduced game if need be
Will they struggle in a few weeks time when people want easter or anzac weekend off ?

Kyneton aren't the only club to pull the pin on a Praccy match mate. From all repots they will be ok for numbers

Kyneton aren't the only club to pull the pin on a Praccy match mate. From all repots they will be ok for numbers
At the end of the day Roota get the season started and all the pre season rumours will get answered..cheers

No they are not the only club to pull out but they are the only club in a major league coming back from a senior team recess. The Addy is on high rotation with good news stories and signings every second week and Ado has his own photographer/journalist on stand by to give additional shots and comments. Has he picked up a bad one yet? Just saying.................

What were all the reflections boys? Gisborne must have been ruthless in their belting of Castlemaine, The Dragons started a bit slow but then clicked into gear good signs for us Mitch Dole was brilliant not sure South will be near a finals side though badly lacked options to goal.

What were all the reflections boys? Gisborne must have been ruthless in their belting of Castlemaine, The Dragons started a bit slow but then clicked into gear good signs for us Mitch Dole was brilliant not sure South will be near a finals side though badly lacked options to goal.

Dragon Fly I have never ever seen a team more indirect to goal than South was yesterday - their forwards never had a chance. I also think the Dragons need someone like Ben Anderson or Matt Thornton at centre half forward against the better teams, but otherwise it was a good first up effort. I suspect Kyneton were underdone against Eaglehawk - it looks that way from a distance, perhaps someone who saw the game could give an opinion.

Dragon Fly I have never ever seen a team more indirect to goal than South was yesterday - their forwards never had a chance. I also think the Dragons need someone like Ben Anderson or Matt Thornton at centre half forward against the better teams, but otherwise it was a good first up effort. I suspect Kyneton were underdone against Eaglehawk - it looks that way from a distance, perhaps someone who saw the game could give an opinion.

Yep went for a look and Eaglehawk was pretty ordinary in the first half as didnt move the ball quickly and let Kyneton dictate entries into their forward line by letting a loose one go out to the opposite wing all day. Kyneton are well drilled which I expected on where and when to kick but not sure the press helped out big Thommo when they went forward and delivery was ordinary and not to his advantage.

For Kyneton I think Randstad the CHF, Weightman, Edmonson, Carafa, Greetham and Jordan Collins all looked good at some stage during the game but not for 4 quarters. Some started slowly and worked into it like Carafa and some started really well like Ransted but didnt keep up this level. With any new team probably 3-4 weeks before they really know where they are at.

I thought Borough did well in moving players around after half time and went more direct by playing corridor 2nd half and scored alot more from quick movement. Was interesting to see how wide of each other the ruckmen played all day as only saw each other at centre bounces. West won taps IMO but Stevenson was taking marks and winning ball around the ground. Both named in their best which shows you how far away from each other they were.

The attack at the ball was good from both sides but standard was quite scrappy and effective kicking in play and at goal was ordinary. Both middle of the road from that display for me.

Went to the Kyneton v Eaglehawk clash. Tigers all over them early but delivery to Thommo was dreadful, would've kicked to him 30 times in the first half, each one on top of his head.

Seemed like Kyneton ran out of puff, but the real difference was no6 for Eaglehawk, way too classy

Last edited:
OK 'Fly I will go for:
Gizzy to beat the Maine with or without Saad;
Hurst to be too big and too good for newbies-riddled South;
Borough to just get over the line v Kyneton
[Addo will take some time to settle down new-look Tiges]
Flat to get over Maryburra with Rinaldi to land a pouch-full, and;
Storm to snag a 1st round win over Square with Milney to bag 5.

Razor - could you give us next weeks tattslotto numbers please.

nah I can't give u those but I can give u BFNL Rd. 2 tips:
yeah, already --- Flat to make it 2 on the trot but by just 15 pts. over Maine.
Storm to also make it 2 from 2. They'll get over E-hawk, by about 27 or 28.
also Gizzy to go 2-zip & belt Maryborough by 40+ pts.
Sunday: Square to open account agst. Bloods who have no forwards. Say 51 pts.
And Hurst to also reach 2-0 for 2014. Forty-five pts. over Kyneton Tiges.
[Albury: blueBoys very ordinary v Bombers Sunday evening!!]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nah I can't give u those but I can give u BFNL Rd. 2 tips:
yeah, already --- Flat to make it 2 on the trot but by just 15 pts. over Maine.
Storm to also make it 2 from 2. They'll get over E-hawk, by about 27 or 28.
also Gizzy to go 2-zip & belt Maryborough by 40+ pts.
Sunday: Square to open account agst. Bloods who have no forwards. Say 51 pts.
And Hurst to also reach 2-0 for 2014. Forty-five pts. over Kyneton Tiges.
[Albury: blueBoys very ordinary v Bombers Sunday evening!!]

I think you will start to realise there is going to be a pretty big tap between the top 4 and bottom 6 as the weeks go on. Id say Strath will get hold of Eaglehawk by 10 to 12 goals. Flat should beat Castlemaine who are normally better at home by 5 or 6 goals, Gisborne will beat Maryborough by 100 points, Golden Square will deal with South by about 10 goals and I like the Dragons chances of beating Kyneton by 8 to 10 goals as well.

Went and saw the Flat play Marys Burra
Not a bad first up game as MB tried hard to close the game down as they would get caught for leg speed on the transition
Flat moved the ball very well when allowed to but still lack a bit of size but will worry sides on bigger grounds with leg speed
Cant se MB getting any huge hidings but lack a bit of leg speed and fire power
Pretty well as expected

Went and saw the Flat play Marys Burra
Not a bad first up game as MB tried hard to close the game down as they would get caught for leg speed on the transition
Flat moved the ball very well when allowed to but still lack a bit of size but will worry sides on bigger grounds with leg speed
Cant se MB getting any huge hidings but lack a bit of leg speed and fire power
Pretty well as expected

What do you rate as a huge hiding?

10 goals plus I supoose
They did well at closing the game down and stopping the Flats runners
that attitude generally does not win games but limits the damage

They will get a few of them Im tipping. Flat look 5th to 6th material so handful of sides better equipped to dispose of them. Bond has had a real dip at getting a few together so they will potentially have a few good days over at Maryborough where they can be a handful.

Jeff Brennan's decision to quit as South's coach for so called 'business reasons' is pathetic - he knew his commitments before taking the job.

The football world can see this for what it is - 'a copout'.

Jeff Brennan's decision to quit as South's coach for so called 'business reasons' is pathetic - he knew his commitments before taking the job.

The football world can see this for what it is - 'a copout'.
Albury,
Only people at South will know the real truth
from the outside it looks like he was given the tap and allowed to use the excuse of work but to his defence that could be the case
They could have waited one more week though as they play the Flat this week and we know what generally happens to teams the next game when they sack the coach.

Albury,
Only people at South will know the real truth
from the outside it looks like he was given the tap and allowed to use the excuse of work but to his defence that could be the case
They could have waited one more week though as they play the Flat this week and we know what generally happens to teams the next game when they sack the coach.

Crow if he was given the tap then that doesn't reflect to well on the South Committee. Sandhurst lost the first four games last year and ended up making the finals. However I suspect this was not the case.

If his work commitments have increased so much from when he was appointed, then why couldn't the two guys who have replaced him taken over much of the senior duties - they are doing it anyway. This is not the time to walk away from a club. It sends a very bad message to players and supporters.

For the record I do not think South's performance is that bad. They just lost to Kyneton at Kyneton and as the seasons goes on that will happen to many teams. They got within a point of Square. I saw them against the Dragons and the won the ball really well - if they had taken their opportunities the scoreboard would have been a lot closer, but on that day the delivery to their forwards was poor. Getting done over at Gisborne will happen to just about everyone - Square won the flag last year but were given a belting down there.

Brennan found reasons to walk out on Maryborough not that long ago. Now it appears he has done the same to South. If it was his decision to quit then he has really let the club down - badly.

Crow if he was given the tap then that doesn't reflect to well on the South Committee. Sandhurst lost the first four games last year and ended up making the finals. However I suspect this was not the case.

If his work commitments have increased so much from when he was appointed, then why couldn't the two guys who have replaced him taken over much of the senior duties - they are doing it anyway. This is not the time to walk away from a club. It sends a very bad message to players and supporters.

For the record I do not think South's performance is that bad. They just lost to Kyneton at Kyneton and as the seasons goes on that will happen to many teams. They got within a point of Square. I saw them against the Dragons and the won the ball really well - if they had taken their opportunities the scoreboard would have been a lot closer, but on that day the delivery to their forwards was poor. Getting done over at Gisborne will happen to just about everyone - Square won the flag last year but were given a belting down there.

Brennan found reasons to walk out on Maryborough not that long ago. Now it appears he has done the same to South. If it was his decision to quit then he has really let the club down - badly.
Albury,
Agree with what you say but knowone will know as it won't be made common knowledge

When people jump to conclusions without knowing any details about why someone drops out of footy, work ,life etc. It can be very dangerous and damaging to that person when people comment on it. Think beyond Blue if want the real reason.

When people jump to conclusions without knowing any details about why someone drops out of footy, work ,life etc. It can be very dangerous and damaging to that person when people comment on it. Think beyond Blue if want the real reason.
Champ,
Knowone has jumped to anything just a common discussion which would be happening all over the league
Nothing derogitory has be said
situation as I stated will probably never come out unless you are stating a health issue in which I hope all goes well and would think if thats the case then that has no reason to be bought up in this forum.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back