Season 2013 Bendigo FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With coach of Maryborough in Bond coming out and saying it will all be fine and the president saying earlier in the week its not all fine who will be the first to step down as doesnt look like they talk to each other?
I find it strange the coach contradicting the President 2 days later.

Beat me to it. No matter who you choose to believe in regards to player numbers etc it is obvious that all is not well at Maryborough

The bfl in general is not fine. Under 18 comp with teams missing is an ugly set up and would be driving kids to play local district footy instead of bfl. Reserves has dropped way back in standard. And with kyneton(last year) maryborough this year castlemaine not winning to many ( hopefully castlemaine pick up this year) and all the good players going to district clubs. It would be driving supporters to other league games. Memberships and the like would have to suffer. In a world of hurt. Who will challenge strath. G square? Then who?

Any word on what Hamish Morcom is doing? In my opinion the best young talent the league has!

Was talk to he maybe on the move to a GV club late in the season. If the young bloke has aspirations still surely playing VFL Melbourne based club or heading to the big smoke would be a better option than Bendigo Gold? Must agree
Though he is arguably ome of the best young kids I've seen under 20 in country footy in a long time

Read on line about Eaglehawk's recruiting drive was everyone's thoughts? Good too see the Collins boys from Lockington have a crack and I think they will be good pick up's and Gilmore can get them 60 plus goals.

Just on the Shepparton WIN news, Echuca pushing to join BFL in 2015. Any thoughts?

It would be a massive inclusion for Bendigo and big loss for the GVFL. BFL should do what they can because it would add profile to the league and they've got a few Club's that could be suspect in staying long term as well so it would offer them some security on that front as well.

It would be a massive inclusion for Bendigo and big loss for the GVFL. BFL should do what they can because it would add profile to the league and they've got a few Club's that could be suspect in staying long term as well so it would offer them some security on that front as well.
Agreed on the loss and inclusion, would other clubs be happy to travel the extra distance? With other clubs suspect in the long term and the clubs that have folded or left since the BFL/GCFL era, what does this say about the game in the area?

I think it would finish off the BFL nicely, team north of Bendigo would make it a comp that covers slot of central Vic

Lets hope echuca get on board because the bfl need the boost. tough gig for them though with it being 170 odd km from echuca to Gissy. Add in kyneton and maryborough and you have some long distance away games for echuca

I am guessing a number of the senior players would be living in Bendigo or Melbourne anyway, so the travel to Maryborough, Kyneton and Gisbourne wouldn't be that much of a problem. Echuca might also find that recruiting from Bendigo may increase for them and luring Melbourne based players might also be easier with a 1 - 1.5 hour drive to Bendigo every second week.

Be interesting to see who Echuca attempt to play for their big games if they move to the BFL, like the Easter weekend that caused so much grief for them this year.

I am guessing a number of the senior players would be living in Bendigo or Melbourne anyway, so the travel to Maryborough, Kyneton and Gisbourne wouldn't be that much of a problem. Echuca might also find that recruiting from Bendigo may increase for them and luring Melbourne based players might also be easier with a 1 - 1.5 hour drive to Bendigo every second week.

Be interesting to see who Echuca attempt to play for their big games if they move to the BFL, like the Easter weekend that caused so much grief for them this year.

Not sure it will happen but certainly football needs a restructure in the Bendigo area. A comp with Echuca Sandhurst ,Strathfieldsaye, Square, South Bendigo, Eaglehawk Castlemaine Kyneton and Kangaroo Flat would be pretty strong. Not sure of Maryborough's future and believe Gisborne might be better in a metro league which would mean the addition of one more club centrally located. If you managed to get Rochester (won't happen) then it would be a great comp.

Not sure it will happen but certainly football needs a restructure in the Bendigo area. A comp with Echuca Sandhurst ,Strathfieldsaye, Square, South Bendigo, Eaglehawk Castlemaine Kyneton and Kangaroo Flat would be pretty strong. Not sure of Maryborough's future and believe Gisborne might be better in a metro league which would mean the addition of one more club centrally located. If you managed to get Rochester (won't happen) then it would be a great comp.

If Echuca made the move I'd think there would be a decent chance that Rochester would follow at some point but you would think that there would be plenty at Echuca that would want to stay in the Goulburn Valley. What's the main issues for Echuca Ringo is it simply the money required to push for success?

If Echuca made the move I'd think there would be a decent chance that Rochester would follow at some point but you would think that there would be plenty at Echuca that would want to stay in the Goulburn Valley. What's the main issues for Echuca Ringo is it simply the money required to push for success?
Mate I'm not really sure..I believe the club wasn't happy with its treatment regarding fixtures and obviously trying to be competitve in a town with 3 clubs makes it harder for sponsorship dollars. The BFL would not have the financial need that the GVFL in regard to player payments. Pretty sure that they will stay but if they run head on into the League again then anything is possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate I'm not really sure..I believe the club wasn't happy with its treatment regarding fixtures and obviously trying to be competitve in a town with 3 clubs makes it harder for sponsorship dollars. The BFL would not have the financial need that the GVFL in regard to player payments. Pretty sure that they will stay but if they run head on into the League again then anything is possible.

if it becomes a game of brinksmanship, Echuca would be better off to head to the BFL as nobody cared for the whinging that went on last year and the sense of entitlement they thought they had.
In regards to paying player dollars I dont see a massive difference in what each league would pay top players.
I think the decision will be made by Echuca to stay in the GV but its a chest beating exercise.

Great pick up for Kyneton, recruiting Benny Weightman. Good pedigree ! The kid is of very good talent, silky skills and can leap! Genuine nice bloke too, hopefully the local supporters get behind him. Up the Tigers

What's the word on Rosa Roota? Linked with the Marcorna Tiges.

Not real sure to be honest. I couldn't see him going out there unless he has a great mate there, which he could well do. He would have had a thousand clubs contact him each year over the last few years so it would be a massive coup if Macorna did pull it off

Not real sure to be honest. I couldn't see him going out there unless he has a great mate there, which he could well do. He would have had a thousand clubs contact him each year over the last few years so it would be a massive coup if Macorna did pull it off

His Brother inlaw is exBFL super star Wayne 'The Wild Boar'/'Mad Russian' Mitrovic who was coaching The Tigers!! staying on as a Power Forward!

Interesting to see that all of a sudden Echuca are the hot topic in this thread. Some interesting comments a out Gisborne joining a metro comp, they wanted to head to the Ballarat comp only 5 years ago and your admin and club presidents kicked up a song and dance and denied the move. All of a sudden a club that is more poorly run than kyneton wants to join your comp and it's seen as a good thing?

Echuca have a lot of work to do in gaining the faith of local talent and the businesses of the township again after more recent success to United and Moama. If this move is to go ahead or even for the Murray bombers to turn the corner they need a coach with market pull and an influx of 6 top line players to get anywhere in any comp. 1 good year finishing 3rd in 10 years doesn't stack up memorable anywhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting to see that all of a sudden Echuca are the hot topic in this thread. Some interesting comments a out Gisborne joining a metro comp, they wanted to head to the Ballarat comp only 5 years ago and your admin and club presidents kicked up a song and dance and denied the move. All of a sudden a club that is more poorly run than kyneton wants to join your comp and it's seen as a good thing?

Echuca have a lot of work to do in gaining the faith of local talent and the businesses of the township again after more recent success to United and Moama. If this move is to go ahead or even for the Murray bombers to turn the corner they need a coach with market pull and an influx of 6 top line players to get anywhere in any comp. 1 good year finishing 3rd in 10 years doesn't stack up memorable anywhere!

Gisborne members voted to stay in the Bendigo League
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back