Season 2013 Bendigo FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO Albury old fruit I would NOT have Square at the top of the heap for 2014. Haven't you been keeping up?
Outs: Baird (that's the good one, Travis), Bell, Bristow, Tooley just to name 4 KPPs. And a few others, including midfield re-bounder Lloydy.
That's leaves a hell of a hole. Corey Jones will be a help, but not too terrific.
Strath Storm No. 1 for mine. Little sneak Milney to win the Ron Best medal.
Baker will have to be careful not to get sucked in by opposition players trying to get in2 his head.
Square maybe 2nd or 3rd.

So:
Storm
Square
Gisborne
Hurst (even without Ricky Symes)
Eaglehawk.

Big Improver: Gissy. Watch how Sharpy gets them up and about.
Slider: EagleBurra. Can't lose Robins, G-Train, 2 Jacobs and especially KPP hackman Tim Hill and not go down!!

NO Albury old fruit I would NOT have Square at the top of the heap for 2014. Haven't you been keeping up?
Outs: Baird (that's the good one, Travis), Bell, Bristow, Tooley just to name 4 KPPs. And a few others, including midfield re-bounder Lloydy.
That's leaves a hell of a hole. Corey Jones will be a help, but not too terrific.
Strath Storm No. 1 for mine. Little sneak Milney to win the Ron Best medal.
Baker will have to be careful not to get sucked in by opposition players trying to get in2 his head.
Square maybe 2nd or 3rd.

So:
Storm
Square
Gisborne
Hurst (even without Ricky Symes)
Eaglehawk.

Big Improver: Gissy. Watch how Sharpy gets them up and about.
Slider: EagleBurra. Can't lose Robins, G-Train, 2 Jacobs and especially KPP hackman Tim Hill and not go down!!

So after all these 'outs' you have Square crashing all the way down to second!!!

I agree with your top 4 (whatever order you put them in), Gisborne have recruited well - bound to be up there. Jake Ward is a much bigger loss to the Dragons than Ricky Symes.
It is really hard to rate teams like Eaglehawk & South. Kyneton V Eaglehawk in round one will be a good guide as to where both these teams are at.

My ladder prediction:
Storm
Square
Gisborne
Sandhurst
Kyneton

Eaglehawk
Kangaroo Flat
South Bendigo
Castlemaine
Maryborough

Ron Best - Milne
Michelson - Ryan Maldenis

Big news out of the Maryborough camp this week with dynamic midfielder/forward Troy Hubble signing from Maryborough Rovers, Hubble has been described as an extremely versatile footballer in the Darcy Richards mould, only with better skills, a more defined body and less make up/acne.

My ladder prediction:
Storm
Square
Gisborne
Sandhurst
Kyneton

Eaglehawk
Kangaroo Flat
South Bendigo
Castlemaine
Maryborough

Ron Best - Milne
Michelson - Ryan Maldenis

Looks about right we seem to be similar strength as last year be nice to stand up and win a couple of finals but I think youve got it pretty spot on. Heard Kangaroo Flat will improve a bit had a big win against Nathalia on the weekend. Not much coming out of Castlemaine and Kyneton has recruited well but I was a bit suprised to hear they lost to Mt.Pleasant on the weekend.

Yes Mid pack will be interesting as a few unknowns
I place the Flat in front of Eaglehawk and South but 4th to 8th looks like anyones guess
Storm
Gisb
Sandhurst
G Square
K Flat
E Hawk
Kyneton
South
Castlemaine
Maryborough

are many or any clubs playing practice matches this weekend? some clubs may want a freshen up, some may want to head into the season with momentum?

are many or any clubs playing practice matches this weekend? some clubs may want a freshen up, some may want to head into the season with momentum?

I don't reckon many are it was the perfect opportunity for someone to bring their game forward and cash in with a big crowd.

You having a run there are you JDC?

I'm on Bendigo's VFL list and Maryborough are my aligned club. Two mates from Darwin are coming up with me. I wouldn't have a clue how the competition will go this season but the vibe is pretty positive from the Maryborough coach and president with a whole heap of signings over the past fortnight. I guess only time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season is here boys let's shoot some predictions around-

Strath vs Golden Square on Sunday should be an absoulute corker in front of a monster crowd you would think.
Kyneton throw their cards on the table and it should be a pretty even match up against Eaglehawk.
Flat would have favoured at home against Maryborough.
We are hopeful of a first up win against South who have plenty of new ones set to take the field.
I've got a feeling Gisborne will belt Castlemaine.

OK 'Fly I will go for:
Gizzy to beat the Maine with or without Saad;
Hurst to be too big and too good for newbies-riddled South;
Borough to just get over the line v Kyneton
[Addo will take some time to settle down new-look Tiges]
Flat to get over Maryburra with Rinaldi to land a pouch-full, and;
Storm to snag a 1st round win over Square with Milney to bag 5.

Forgot about Robertson Coaching him last year. Pretty desperate act really for 1 game might show where the Maine are at.
hard to tell
would not think its for financial gain so has to be to make them more competetive against Gissy

OK 'Fly I will go for:
Reckon it all makes sense
Not sure about the Tip Rat as may take a few weeks to pick up the pace

Here is my crack at tips and margins and the major talking point for next week

Gisborne over Maine by 89 points - saad kicks 1
Storm over square by 21 - Milne kicks 7
Kyneton over eaglehawk by 8 - weightman BOG for tigers
Flat over MB by 26 - rinaldi kicks 8
Sandhurst over sth by 61 - south goalless at half time

Major talking point - Tigers in the 5 for first time in a decade

Who has Saad Saad Signed with? Clearance has been lodged but hasn't come up on BFL site yet
Saad saad Seymour? surely not. Hope the mighty Tigers got that. Weightman , Saad Saad together, I'm travelling to see that game.

OK 'Fly I will go for:

Razor it would have to be a concern for Kyneton supporters that they had to pull out of last weeks practice match against Rochester. Will they be going into the opening round underdone - we know Eaglehawk won't.

Razor it would have to be a concern for Kyneton supporters that they had to pull out of last weeks practice match against Rochester. Will they be going into the opening round underdone - we know Eaglehawk won't.
What was the reason given for the pull out ??
Seems a bit strange as you would want as many games as possible with a new group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back