Season 2013 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

My top 4 for 2013- Whittlesea,Lalor,North,Creek with eagles surely favourites to take it out.

My top 4 would be Creek , Whittlesea , Stars & Nth ( with Mernda/lalor causing a few upsets throughout the season , & with any luck pinching 1 of the top 4 spots)
Don't under-rate anyone in the top six going to be a great year to watch div2 footy , standard getting better every season.

No love for Lalor , just think there will be some upsets throughout the season.
My EARLY selection for premiers is Fitzroy Stars , think they are getting better every year & weren't too far off the mark last season. Full list on the park = Hard to Beat!
As for Whittlesea , I think there 2 big off season signings , Saddington & Haro are over-rated. Haro getting on a bit & although he's had a great Div1 career , not sure he'll have the influence they are hoping for(could be wrong) , & Sado was a solid defender at Mernda(had great support around him) but did get towelled up a few times when forced to play on the key fwds.
Has come off a couple of really good seasons , in a really LOW standard league. Time will tell.
Mernda the wild card , young kids shone in the lower grade last year & have some really good experienced heads around them,
Davies (Captain) is a young gun & flourished in the captaincy roll last season. If they can add a goal kicking fwd to that list , Big Things could happen.

Merndas forward line didnt do too bad last year, the spread of goals across all their forwards was pretty good. They had a few yips for a while against Ressa, but they dont tend to use one key player, like, say Byron @ panton hill.I believe they have a gun new recruit that will play up forward, but havent seen them training yet. And yes, Saddo will be out of his depth at Whittlesea, not worth the big dollars rumoured to be floating around.

Merndas forward line didnt do too bad last year, the spread of goals across all their forwards was pretty good. They had a few yips for a while against Ressa, but they dont tend to use one key player, like, say Byron @ panton hill.I believe they have a gun new recruit that will play up forward, but havent seen them training yet. And yes, Saddo will be out of his depth at Whittlesea, not worth the big dollars rumoured to be floating around.
Agree 100% I wouldn't be paying him the $300 he was asking

More like $600 he has been offered I believe !!!!!!!!!

Don't believe everything you hear boys and girls.

We are happy to let Saddo, and our other recruits, let their footy do the talking.

I think we all agree on one thing though... it's going to be a very even year, with any team capable of winning on the day.

No love for Lalor , just think there will be some upsets throughout the season.
My EARLY selection for premiers is Fitzroy Stars , think they are getting better every year & weren't too far off the mark last season. Full list on the park = Hard to Beat!
As for Whittlesea , I think there 2 big off season signings , Saddington & Haro are over-rated. Haro getting on a bit & although he's had a great Div1 career , not sure he'll have the influence they are hoping for(could be wrong) , & Sado was a solid defender at Mernda(had great support around him) but did get towelled up a few times when forced to play on the key fwds.
Has come off a couple of really good seasons , in a really LOW standard league. Time will tell.
Mernda the wild card , young kids shone in the lower grade last year & have some really good experienced heads around them,
Davies (Captain) is a young gun & flourished in the captaincy roll last season. If they can add a goal kicking fwd to that list , Big Things could happen.

Please tell me you are joking when u say harro is over rated, pretty sure the last game I seen him play was last year in div one finals and he kicked about six goals against the premiers and was off the ground for about 15 minutes too. And the drop between top div one teams and div two is huge so I'm sure he will cause a lot of teams a headache this year. And I could confidently say that if Saddo was still at mernda he would be in your best few players

Haro was getting 3rd or 4th best defender at bundoora , with sides trying to stop cloke , moorcroft & so on. Teams will target him every week , will get the best defender as well as a couple of others offering support down back. Really good player over his career , but played alongside REALLY good footballers , that's not the case now. Will kick some bags no doubt , but with an ageing body & a lot more pressure , he'll have to earn his $$.
Sado hasn't been at Mernda for years , good bloke , but no where near a key defender. Try him on Haro 1 out at training & you'll see what Wastin time is talking about. Big club jumper tho , must be at his 5th club now. And not a div1 footballer that's for sure. As long as he' doesn't have to play on the key fwds will be good value for the Eagles.
Good comp div2 now , WON'T be a walk in the park for Whittlesea that's for sure.
Still think Nth Heidelberg will be the team to beat , & from what I'm told Diamond Creek have added some really good footballers to there list. Interesting season developing.

Haro was getting 3rd or 4th best defender at bundoora , with sides trying to stop cloke , moorcroft & so on. Teams will target him every week , will get the best defender as well as a couple of others offering support down back. Really good player over his career , but played alongside REALLY good footballers , that's not the case now. Will kick some bags no doubt , but with an ageing body & a lot more pressure , he'll have to earn his $$.
Sado hasn't been at Mernda for years , good bloke , but no where near a key defender. Try him on Haro 1 out at training & you'll see what Wastin time is talking about. Big club jumper tho , must be at his 5th club now. And not a div1 footballer that's for sure. As long as he' doesn't have to play on the key fwds will be good value for the Eagles.
Good comp div2 now , WON'T be a walk in the park for Whittlesea that's for sure.
Still think Nth Heidelberg will be the team to beat , & from what I'm told Diamond Creek have added some really good footballers to there list. Interesting season developing.

Agree with u to a certain degree but cloke and gaz have only been at bundoora for two seasons and whoever plays on gaz every week could not play on harro anyway , harro got the 2nd best tall every week I'm pretty sure vialato played on him in the final and I would say he is northcotes best defender , harro was pretty much the only forward at bundoora for years before the other two come and one the b&f the year before they come, I'm not saying it will be a walk in the park for him but if he trains hard witch will be half his battle he should have a good year , he is only thirty too not that old for a bloke who hasn't moved out of the forward 50 for five years

Let's get fair dinkum here boys.... If he's really having a crack and not just cruising around, Harro will tear a D2 defence apart.
Team him up with Fairchild up there and Page drifiting in and out and that's an attack that should kick winning scores against EVERY opposition backline. They have two D1 50+ forwards there. In D2 they should kick bags and it won't matter which one gets 'em as it will be hard to stop both on the one day.

IMO Whittlesea were actually better than a couple of other D1 sides last season but their results didn't show it.

Losing Rocky Collins is a big blow though and as we know you have to get it out of the middle to get it to the forwards!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's get fair dinkum here boys.... If he's really having a crack and not just cruising around, Harro will tear a D2 defence apart.
Team him up with Fairchild up there and Page drifiting in and out and that's an attack that should kick winning scores against EVERY opposition backline. They have two D1 50+ forwards there. In D2 they should kick bags and it won't matter which one gets 'em as it will be hard to stop both on the one day.

IMO Whittlesea were actually better than a couple of other D1 sides last season but their results didn't show it.

Losing Rocky Collins is a big blow though and as we know you have to get it out of the middle to get it to the forwards!

Not sure about tearing it apart, think he also had Matty Dennis & Clayton Rodgers in that forward line over the past 2 years so he was more than likely getting the 4th or 5th best backmen. No doubt he will be a handful, Spider will be the key & if the 2 can work together. The days of the stay at home key forward are just about gone, having 2 in the fwd line is a risk but if it works watch out. Any news on the Stars & Creek? There both playing there cards close to there chest.

Not sure about tearing it apart, think he also had Matty Dennis & Clayton Rodgers in that forward line over the past 2 years so he was more than likely getting the 4th or 5th best backmen. No doubt he will be a handful, Spider will be the key & if the 2 can work together. The days of the stay at home key forward are just about gone, having 2 in the fwd line is a risk but if it works watch out. Any news on the Stars & Creek? There both playing there cards close to there chest.

Not sure if u watched Much of bundoora then cause clayton didn't play there last year and the year before that he spent majority of the year on the bench and harro kicked 60 plus goals that year and Matty mainly swapped on and off the bench from ruck with a bit up forward. Anyway enough on him how are all the teams looking so far?

Harro will dominate in div 2, the drop from div 1 to div 2 is massive. He has the the big body and strength no defender will have, and the football smarts. As for Fairchild he is the most overated player in the comp. When someone gets on top of him he pulls an injury! wouldnt kick anywhwere near 50 goals in div 1. Whittlesea should be favourites, but will be a lot closer then everyone thinks!

As for Fairchild he is the most overated player in the comp. When someone gets on top of him he pulls an injury! wouldnt kick anywhwere near 50 goals in div 1.

57 Goals in D1 2011.
39 Goals in D1 2012 and missed most of the second half of the season.

Harro kicked 61 & 31 in the last 2 D1 seasons. (Including Finals)

There's an average of 47 D1 goals in the last two seasons for these 2...and both missed a few games.
Even playing on the best 2 defenders in the D2 opposition each week (and Fairchild always got #1 in D1 anyway), they should kick quite a few bags!

As for Fairchild he is the most overated player in the comp. When someone gets on top of him he pulls an injury! wouldnt kick anywhwere near 50 goals in div 1.

I'm not surprised you think that of Spider, given you're from Bundoora. Sheltz has definitely claimed the honours in the high majority of their contests.
RE: him pulling an injury... Be careful what you say about matters you know little about. Spider played last year with 2 very significant leg injuries, so you're way off the mark there.
When it comes to training, however, that's a different story - any excuse he can find to throw some steel around in the tough room instead of braving the cold!

I'm not surprised you think that of Spider, given you're from Bundoora. Sheltz has definitely claimed the honours in the high majority of their contests.
RE: him pulling an injury... Be careful what you say about matters you know little about. Spider played last year with 2 very significant leg injuries, so you're way off the mark there.
When it comes to training, however, that's a different story - any excuse he can find to throw some steel around in the tough room instead of braving the cold!

How do you think Fairchild and harro will work together in the forward line especially after there past in div 1 pretty sure harro got a few weeks for belting him, will they both play deep

How do you think Fairchild and harro will work together in the forward line especially after there past in div 1 pretty sure harro got a few weeks for belting him, will they both play deep
Actually from my memory I think Harro has belted him on numerous occasions to be honest.

Wonder if spider bought Harro a fruit basket as a welcoming gift first night of pre season??

Fairchild (Spider) was one of the main drivers in getting Harro to the club believe it or not! He is of the mould that what happens on the field stays on the field, so he was rapt we got Harro across. Both are ripping blokes so they moved past it very quickly.

If they can both stay fit I've got no doubt that they will work brilliantly together.

About time we talked about some other Div 2 clubs suuuuuuuurely!!??

Harro's a powder puff, all bluff and no show.
Harrison will kick 100 goals in Division 2!
and put back well over what he is paid back into the canteen so the eagles must be happy about that!
Saddington will be CHB team of the year

Agree if stays fit Haro will kick 100 goals , BUT not about how many he kicks its who he kicks them against! Will kick huge bags against the lower sides , not so sure against the better div2 sides.
Sado won't even play chb for Whittlesea , so can't see him being CHB in team of the year. He's a loose h/b.
Wouldn't underestimate Div2 too much , some really good footballers in this division.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back