Season 2013 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Must Agree here, never met him but our former President has and spoken to him a few times, he reckons he is a very solid citizen and good fella. Hope he recovers well and gets another opportunity.
Best wishes to Lionel on his future career, nice bloke and respected NFL player. Harrison on the other hand, hope he gets at least 6 weeks.

U r
what game were u watching? wasnt behind play, wasnt a king hit, it was a high bump and thdn his head hit the ground which didnt help. Force to kill? please, dont make s**t worse by exaggerating the incident! Hes not a dirty player and was no malace in it at all! well played by both teams! good to watch as im not a supporter ofeither!
u r kidding it was a elbow to the head jacko wasn't even looking he tapped the ball forward second later bang was a weak act I don't care how good a bloke harro is what he did was a disgrace

U r
u r kidding it was a elbow to the head jacko wasn't even looking he tapped the ball forward second later bang was a weak act I don't care how good a bloke harro is what he did was a disgrace

Absolutely. A conversation with the police officer also said he witnessed the hit was off the ball.

No malice nosecondprize? This was not an accidental hit. Get real.

Best wishes to Lionel on his future career, nice bloke and respected NFL player. Harrison on the other hand, hope he gets at least 6 weeks.

Aren't all suspensions in finals supposedly doubled?

Also what is Harrison's past record? 16 weeks suspension over a career is a life ban?

Wasn't good TA and I thought Mungara Browns red card was ordinary as well. Well done to the stars for how they continued on but credit where credits due, Whittlesea were the more structured and accomplished when it mattered. Well done to Pete Bugden on another win as coach as well! Is it true that Pete handed in his resignation weeks ago and will be moving on?
Losing Mungara Brown with a red card was a terrible decision. He was used sparingly during the game and had an impact every time he got on the field. The Brown hit was a free kick at best and a yellow would have been harsh but a red cost the stars any chance of mounting a credible challenge and they were coming. Maybe it was an understandable over reaction from the umps but it still put the game beyond doubt and robbed the stars and the crowd of a fantastic finish to a grand final.

Please tell me you are joking when u say harro is over rated, pretty sure the last game I seen him play was last year in div one finals and he kicked about six goals against the premiers and was off the ground for about 15 minutes too. And the drop between top div one teams and div two is huge so I'm sure he will cause a lot of teams a headache this year. And I could confidently say that if Saddo was still at mernda he would be in your best few players
Well Im sure he caused lionel a headache in the GF.....

Losing Mungara Brown with a red card was a terrible decision. He was used sparingly during the game and had an impact every time he got on the field. The Brown hit was a free kick at best and a yellow would have been harsh but a red cost the stars any chance of mounting a credible challenge and they were coming. Maybe it was an understandable over reaction from the umps but it still put the game beyond doubt and robbed the stars and the crowd of a fantastic finish to a grand final.

Also interesting to note that Whittlesea received a free kick, 50 meter penalty and red card for Mungara's hit but the hit on Jacko was only deemed as a red card and free kick.

50 meter penalties in front of goal all day for Whittlesea. Also a few free kicks awarded to Whittlesea in the centre before the ball was bounced, couldn't work those out.

Joke city nfl a stars player bog embarrassing. Just another nfl decision gone wrong? Whittlesea had at least 5 players better than him on the day lead from start to finish, stop bending over for the stars nfl! Pretty bad watching supporters abuse whittlesea bench and nfl doing nothing yet again against stars! Check out the stars Facebook page for everything every other club can't do or would be fined for, who runs who in the circus! Nfl u r a joke!

Joke city nfl a stars player bog embarrassing. Just another nfl decision gone wrong? Whittlesea had at least 5 players better than him on the day lead from start to finish, stop bending over for the stars nfl! Pretty bad watching supporters abuse whittlesea bench and nfl doing nothing yet again against stars! Check out the stars Facebook page for everything every other club can't do or would be fined for, who runs who in the circus! Nfl u r a joke!

Clearly best on. Don't let your hatred blind you.

What's wrong with the Facebook page? They posted an image of the push and shove that occurred after Harrison hit Jacko. Only Whittlesea players were yellow carded in that action, no Fitzroy Stars players were deemed to be in the wrong.

It's a very powerful image of the Jacko's team mates flying the flag for him whilst he was knocked unconscious (which is also depicted in the image).

What breaches of the leagues social media policy has occurred?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off to the Presentation Night tonight. Should be interesting to see if certain players turn up. Looking forward to seeing who's in the team of the year and who wins the best and fairest.

I'm tipping Malcolm Dow for Division 2 Best and Fairest

Think it would be from watching footage from the video camera that was there filming the game. Which will then go up on the NFL site within a couple of days.
You have to pay for the grand final footage.

I feel sorry for the poor bloke who was knocked out. I have heard varied stories of what happened so ill wait until i can judge it for myself. But if he is guilty and it was an absolute dog act he should be rubbed out for life.

You have to pay for the grand final footage.

I feel sorry for the poor bloke who was knocked out. I have heard varied stories of what happened so ill wait until i can judge it for myself. But if he is guilty and it was an absolute dog act he should be rubbed out for life.

Yeah I found out tonight that they won't upload the game for the public.

And yes, I am back, was stunned at the Div 2 result. Roh Davies (yep, Roh Davies) won by a vote from Jacko, despite missing almost all of the second half of the year. Apparently had five best ons in a row in the early part. Even better yet is the fact that playing next year hasn't been completely ruled out even though he joined the Army - it depends on where he is stationed.

Shane Harvey won the coaches award.

Great night.

How many games did Davies play Tasman? Seems like a huge effort to score 5 best ons in a row.

Congratulations to Jacko.

He's won 2 Best and Fairest and Runner-Up by 1 vote twice.

Always proving his worth.

Also great to see the STARS represented heavily in the Team of the Year with the coach and 5 players named.

How many games did Davies play Tasman? Seems like a huge effort to score 5 best ons in a row.

Congratulations to Jacko.

He's won 2 Best and Fairest and Runner-Up by 1 vote twice.

Always proving his worth.

Also great to see the STARS represented heavily in the Team of the Year with the coach and 5 players named.

Roh played 10 games. Then you consider that he only lasted 10 minutes against Whittlesea at home and a quarter and 10 minutes against Diamond Creek at home (as well as missing most of the second half against Fitzroy Stars at Sir Douglas Nicholls) and the magnitude of how dominant he was in the opening eight games becomes clearer.

The word I got was Jacko scored three votes in the last game helping him secure second in the end.

Roh played 10 games. Then you consider that he only lasted 10 minutes against Whittlesea at home and a quarter and 10 minutes against Diamond Creek at home (as well as missing most of the second half against Fitzroy Stars at Sir Douglas Nicholls) and the magnitude of how dominant he was in the opening eight games becomes clearer.

The word I got was Jacko scored three votes in the last game helping him secure second in the end.

Definitely some kind of effort. As you said, hopefully his army placement allows him to come back again next year. Quality players make for the best standard of footy possible, a bonus for spectators.

I might go through all the key awards whilst I'm at it:

Div 1
Best and Fairest: Cloke (Bundoora), Lynch (Heidelberg)
Coaches: Connelly (Eltham)

Div 2
Best and Fairest: Davies (Mernda)
Coaches: Harvey (North Heidelberg)

Div 3
Best and Fairest: Dornauf (Watsonia)
Coaches: Ronalds (St Mary's)

Senior Team of the Year: Watsonia

What a farking joke, Harves kicks 120 as a midfield/ fwd & does not win it, no disrespect to Davies but please, this just shows how pathetic the umpires are in the NFL & what bias they have against the doggies, you have 1 player in a world of his own in the division for talent & results. Like I have said before while K Smith is in charge we as a league are a laughing stock.

interesting post on the 'local footy rumours' facebook page about the Harrison/Proctor incident. From reading that id say an all star fan/player leaked this 'rumour'. Then to read the pathetic posts from both sides and neutrals is just embarrassing. The NFL needs to release the footage to show people what really happened.

interesting post on the 'local footy rumours' facebook page about the Harrison/Proctor incident. From reading that id say an all star fan/player leaked this 'rumour'. Then to read the pathetic posts from both sides and neutrals is just embarrassing. The NFL needs to release the footage to show people what really happened.
What night does the tribunal sit for Harrisons case?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back