NFL SEASON 2014 DIVISION ONE

Remove this Banner Ad

Mmmm - more conspiracy theories than shooters on the grassy knoll.
Answer is simple - exclusivity = $$$$

No worries this end mate. I've got 2 seasons before I retire and I'm out of here for a warmer climate. I reckon I've got one last war in me and I'll happily disassociate and discontinue making a contribution at 3084 and run the ball up on this one. As you well know I worked for the Government for a number of years and in that time acquired some skills that I'm confident will address, amongst other things, the issue of exclusivity.

Last edited:
No worries this end mate. I've got 2 seasons before I retire and I'm out of here for a warmer climate. I reckon I've got one last war in me and I'll happily disassociate and discontinue making a contribution at 3084 and run the ball up on this one. As you well know I worked for the Government for a number of years and in that time aquired some skills that I'm confident will address, amongst other things, the issue of exclusivity.
Your contributions to B/F are invaluable Boof - don't fly the coop just yet.
What do you have in mind - XXXX or Boags Cam ?

"PLEASE be advised, as a result of issues arising from recent weeks, the NFL will only permit Red Onion Creative to film Northern Football League finals matches.

The NFL will place signage at all entrance points at Preston City Oval, advising all patrons that filming of finals matches will not be permitted.

Any patrons caught filming during finals matches will have their equipment confiscated by police. The equipment will be returned upon departure from the venue.

So the club supporters who film matches each week and happily supply to the NFL for there match replays are now not allowed to film the remaining games. Just so the NFL can make a few dollars on selling the games to anyone who wants to pay for it. I have never filmed a game before but i am going to have to pull out the phone this week so i can film the game, for no other reason than to post it online and piss off the clowns who came up with this crap.

Regarding these issues arising from recent weeks, will they be deleted from the videos the NFL are selling to the public.
What next, will the NFL only allow Red Onion to film home and away games.
The powers to be seem to forget who is paying their salary.

So the club supporters who film matches each week and happily supply to the NFL for there match replays are now not allowed to film the remaining games. Just so the NFL can make a few dollars on selling the games to anyone who wants to pay for it. I have never filmed a game before but i am going to have to pull out the phone this week so i can film the game, for no other reason than to post it online and piss off the clowns who came up with this crap.

All that and more Rompy. I don't want to get all technical. As you blokes will chop into me. But you can do all sorts of things with a go-pro and a mobile phone. What next. Confiscate our mobile phones. Anal cavity searches. I can see us all lined-up Beverly Road copping sweet from the Sheriff. Loose the rubber gloves Sheriff ... I want the full rout. And to think I'm gonna pay him seven bucks for the privilege. Wonder how many bunches flowers he's gonna pull-out from certain individuals. Can't wait.

Last edited:
All that and more Rompy. I don't want to get all technical. As you blokes will chop into me. But you can do all sorts of things with a go-pro and a mobile phone. What next. Confiscate our mobile phones. Anal cavity searches. I can see us all lined-up Beverly Road copping sweet from the Sheriff. Loose the rubber gloves Sheriff ... I want the full rout. And to think I'm gonna pay him seven bucks for the privilege. Wonder how many bunches flowers he's gonna pull-out from certain individuals. Can't wait.

Restraint of trade? Some people want the money the AFL Footy Show offers.

OK, lets move on from some enlightening conversation, time to talk about this weeks games (that I may video or not.....)

Greensborough v Macleod - Absolute respect for both these Clubs. They have done the hard yards and worked there way into this encounter. Will the week off help the Slime? What effect does missing Shaw have on the Kangaroos? If there is no major wind I think this game could be won early, not on the scoreboard but by possession dominance. I feel someone will stand up and take control, but who? I look forward to watching this game. To call the winner is going to be hard but the Slime due to ladder position. Boro by 10 points.

Greensborough v Heidelberg - Both sides cannot drop players and probably don't need to. I have watched both sides during the year and this is deserving of a Granny. Could be the closest game of the day. Tigers by 1 point.

Montmorency v West Preston Lakeside - Should be a good game to kick the dew off the ground. Chooks should have to many goal kickers and win this by 12 points.

As a neutral, I look forward to heading out to watch all these game. See you all out there.

The umpires have been announced for the div 1 Grand Final:

Field: Russell Yin, Martin Rodger, Daniel Philp

Boundary: Patrick Damato, Emmet Brasier, Cameron Brick

Goal: Matt Lafite, Vic Filipou

MUST HAVE HAD A RIPPING FINALS IF THEY ARE PICKING IT ON FORM...SPARE ME...AT LEAST THEY WONT GET THE DIV 1 GRAND FINAL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would they do that so early???But then again we are talking NFL arent we.....What league announces the Grand Final Umpires over a week away from the game?

Not really sure why it matters. Many puzzling decisions made ie videoing of games, but I don't think announcing the umpires a week before is one we need to be up in arms about!

Macleods out will hurt. Shaw, Long, Kelly and from last week Andrews will all be top 10 in their B&F. Possibly another late change also..... In saying that Greensy have important players out too. Looking forward to a tight contest and hoping the momentum stays with Macleod.

Superlink I think you maybe getting ahead of yourself....Its the Prelim Final Sunday not the grand final where these umpres are umpiring....

Preliminary Final.
A do or die game with a place in the big dance on the line with finals experience against enthusiasm. The outs for the Kangas will certainly hurt and potentially unsettle their system while the Burra will have been a bit more settled with their major out from the previous weeks. The Burra have been at the pointy end all season while the Kangas have been in the mix but probably a slight level below. The Burra to win by 21 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back