Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Give me a spell. What an utter load of garbage.
I can understand why people don't like Wandin, it's a free country, but talking s**t like that is too much.

Mouth, you are an absolute grub...
Wandin is a great club. With great people. That type of slander is just crap and I only wish you had the stones to put your name to your dribble... I
'm sure the club is disappointed they did not get the result they were after yesterday, but rest assured, they will do everything possible to reach that goal next year. Haters like you will only make it more sweet when they get there.

Mouth, you are an absolute grub...
Wandin is a great club. With great people. That type of slander is just crap and I only wish you had the stones to put your name to your dribble... I
'm sure the club is disappointed they did not get the result they were after yesterday, but rest assured, they will do everything possible to reach that goal next year. Haters like you will only make it more sweet when they get there.

Great work Ryno and the boys, Mates over money won the day. Maybe if Wandin and its supporters showed a little more respect to the opposition than they themselves may get some respect back. Already see the cash has been dangled out in front of Josh Taylor and Polky for next year.

Unbelievable that these statements can be made. Have a look at yourself people and congratulate woori as a talk piece instead of rubbish.

Yarra Glen not coming up is the mail lets hope they do come up for everyone's sake. Another year of Emerald in First Divvy is not required.

Wandin FNC are pleased to announce the senior Coaches for the 2015 season are as follows

Senior Football - Brett Fisher
Netball - Kate Upton

Yarra Glen not coming up is the mail lets hope they do come up for everyone's sake. Another year of Emerald in First Divvy is not required.

Word around Grand Final day at Junction from a few sources was that they might want to stay in Div 2 but I noticed Dean de Munk quoted in the local paper that week saying they were looking forward to returning to Div 1. So will be interesting to see what actually evolves.

Strong rumour doing the rounds that Jugga and Wandin organised to get Oscar Pistorious off.......
Also they have been rumored to be funding certain terrorist cells in the middle east

Wandin FNC are pleased to announce the senior Coaches for the 2015 season are as follows

Senior Football - Brett Fisher
Netball - Kate Upton
Really good move by Wandin. It has been proven over the last few years that Jugga cant coach. That side is a minimum 5 goal better side than any other and to have a finals record of 1 win & 4 losses is not good enough. To appoint someone who can coach, as well as keep Jugga who credit where credit is due can recruit like no other, spells trouble for the rest of the league. Watch out for the dogs in 2015

Wandin would have been one of the few clubs with the old style of playing coach - is this recognition in general that the way of the future is for coaches to be non playing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not necessarily Man In White. I think there could still be room for a playing coach. Danny Ryan has done pretty well at Woori the last 5 odd years. The emphasis must be put on the word coach however. It shows a disciplined, well drilled, well coached team with less talent can be extremely competitive against a team of stars that just go out and play with natural talent

Wandin would have been one of the few clubs with the old style of playing coach - is this recognition in general that the way of the future is for coaches to be non playing?

The best coach in the Yarra Valley is Dan Ryan and he is a playing coach. The massive difference is that his team is disciplined and extremely well drilled. They also play for him which is a huge bonus. The direct opposite can be said about Wandin.

The hutch, please pipe down - jugga has got a team that was bottom 2, 4 years ago into a series of finals. This while being a young man on his first coaching gig. It was a massive leap by both parties, a role of the dice you would say, and it has paid off.

I can tell you that jugga has reinvigorated the joint, along with a strong committee and people who want the club to go well. Every club has some warts on them.

Why don't you focus in on wooris lack of depth under their super group of seniors... Is that a problem with that club as a result? I remember distinctly olinda having players stump up for 2 games of senior footy in the last 5 years. The list goes on. Targeting jugga is so simple, and completely uninformed and reflective of someone who has one sided views on this topic. If they are not playing for him, playing in a grand final would not have happened, or are you saying the comp is that bad? Big call, as that means your club is borderline rabble... Whoever that is

Juggas not a bad coach, but he is definitely not of the same sort of quality as Brett Fisher. Probably one of the best getting around at local level. Its a great move by the dogs I think he will make huge improvements to their culture which is where they need it most.

They have recruited some quality players at the kennel in recent years but id tend to think it was more due to to the cheque book jug has been carrying around as opposed to his recruitment skills.

Dont rate a playing coach. Unless they have a few decent assistants they almost never work.

Congrats Woori, outstanding club, playing and coach, best wishes Danny in retirement !!!

Wandin the team to beat in 2015, simply on the back of Mullet coaching, sensational coach and even better human being. Well done to Jugga on League B & F, a fantastic player and scarily will improve under Mullet IMO.

Changes of coaches at Wandin, Woori, Upwey ??, Belgrave, Emerald ??, anywhere else ? Haven't heard about up here but expect it to be announced at Pres Night this Friday !!!

Congrats Woori, outstanding club, playing and coach, best wishes Danny in retirement !!!

Wandin the team to beat in 2015, simply on the back of Mullet coaching, sensational coach and even better human being. Well done to Jugga on League B & F, a fantastic player and scarily will improve under Mullet IMO.

Changes of coaches at Wandin, Woori, Upwey ??, Belgrave, Emerald ??, anywhere else ? Haven't heard about up here but expect it to be announced at Pres Night this Friday !!!
woori Yallock fc has appointed nick tenant as senior coach for 2015 on its tilt to win 5 flags in 6 years
he brings a wealth of experience and has a great inside knowledge of the playing group

Spanner has stepped down at Upwey, the following is the announcement to the club

The Club have appointed Paul Howroyd as Senior Coach for Season 2015

As you all know Greg Spence informed us a couple of months ago that he would not be available to Coach next season, he has had a great 3 years, we did not take the main prize, but we have been very successful at all levels under his stewardship. I would personally like to thank Greg for the massive amount of work he put, it really was a second job, a really fantastic and dedicated coach for our club. Thankfully he will still be seen around, and will still be working to make us an even better club – thank you Spanner

I am now excited to be able to announce that we have appointed Paul Howroyd as our senior coach for 2015

Paul has a massive amount of experience gained over a number of years, his playing and coaching history is

150 games at Chelsea FC. Premiership 1987
150 games at St Pauls FC. Premiership 1992
Finished his playing career at Chelsea in 2003
2004 VFL Sandringham FC Senior Runner, Premiership
2005 VFL Sandringham FC Senior Runner, Premiership
2006 VFL Sandringham Reserves Coach and Senior forward line Coach, Premiership
2007 VFL Sandringham Reserves Coach and Senior forward line Coach, Ladder 1st
2008 VFL Sandringham Reserves Coach and Senior forward line Coach, Ladder 6th
2009 SFL St Pauls FC Senior Coach, Ladder finish 3rd, Preliminary
2010 SFL St Pauls FC Senior Coach, Ladder finish 3rd, Preliminary
2011 SFL St Pauls FC Senior Coach, Ladder finish 3rd, Premiership
2012 SFL St Pauls FC Senior Coach, Ladder finish 3rd, Preliminary. Southern region Coach of the year
2013 SFL St Pauls FC Senior Coach, Ladder finish 1st, Premiership

Paul has been a coach who has a reputation of developing the younger players, a coach who has been very successful over an extended time, we strongly believe he is the man to take us through this exciting transition as we see a number of experienced players retire opening up opportunities for our talented younger players to make their mark.

I am sure you all join with me in welcoming him and his family to our club.

Ian Snell

Spanner has stepped down at Upwey, the following is the announcement to the club

As you all know Greg Spence informed us a couple of months ago that he would not be available to Coach next season, he has had a great 3 years, we did not take the main prize, but we have been very successful at all levels under his stewardship. I would personally like to thank Greg for the massive amount of work he put, it really was a second job, a really fantastic and dedicated coach for our club. Thankfully he will still be seen around, and will still be working to make us an even better club – thank you Spanner

I am now excited to be able to announce that we have appointed Paul Howroyd as our senior coach for 2015

Paul has a massive amount of experience gained over a number of years, his playing and coaching history is

2012 SFL St Pauls FC Senior Coach, Ladder finish 3rd, Preliminary. Southern region Coach of the year

Paul has been a coach who has a reputation of developing the younger players, a coach who has been very successful over an extended time, we strongly believe he is the man to take us through this exciting transition as we see a number of experienced players retire opening up opportunities for our talented younger players to make their mark.

Ian Snell

Great announcement from Upwey on new senior coach, great for the readers to get such a proud statement from Ian.
Should be more of it!

Ian Snell

2014?

What's been the general consensus in regards to the review/discussion paper on the YVMDFL 3rds competition ???

So pretty quiet, a few coaches appointed which is always interesting.
Wandin - Brett Fisher, good get
Belgrave - I here the co coach from last season is taking the helm and they keep all the Collins clan
H/Ville - Bryan Cole (google tells me he has coached lots before in Northern League)
Mt Evelyn - Brian Chamberlin doing great things
Olinda - Peter Browne also doing great things
Upwey - Paul Howroyd
Warby - Jason leeds, look forward to this appointment
Woori - Nick tenant - Big set of Kahoonas taking on this job, following Danny's remarkable efforts is a brave effort but good list.
monny - No news??
Yarra Glenn - Sam Hills

Div 2
Emerald - Nothing??
Gembrook - Craig Clarke - Be handy if he decides to pull the boots on, would smash it in Div 2 or Div 1.
Kinglake - Brad Wilkinson (From H/Ville) - Sure to pull a few players in
Seville - not listed - Vinnie ??
Powelltown - Barry Mac
Alex - Lee Rowe
Thornton - Brad Coller
Yarra Junction - Simon Caldwell
Yea - Tom Butterworth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back