Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I see Cameron Mc Neil has won a third Barton Medal in the tallangatta league, could be a handy pick up for a side next year...

Cam had a year, maybe two, at Lavi in 09 or 10. Couldn't question his effort and willingness to do what he had to do. He probably lacked a bit of polish with the ball back then. Haven't seen him play since.

North Albury should be playing finals. Absolutely throw wins away against Wang and Myrtleford with inaccurate kicking. Heaps more scoring shots on both occasions. They would be a game clear right now if they had of won those games instead of throwing them away. I think my point will be proved when they go up to Myrtleford and win on Saturday.

North Albury should be playing finals. Absolutely throw wins away against Wang and Myrtleford with inaccurate kicking. Heaps more scoring shots on both occasions. They would be a game clear right now if they had of won those games instead of throwing them away. I think my point will be proved when they go up to Myrtleford and win on Saturday.

Its all well and good to say that, but st kilda should have won a flag in '10
But didnt!
Ive heard a lot of people say North should have done this should have won etc but in reality they didn't, i take my hat off to the players there they are having a crack but just havent taken their opportunities, so really that shouldnt play finals, hopefully they learn from it!
Have also heard a few already early departures out of bunton park

Its all well and good to say that, but st kilda should have won a flag in '10
But didnt!
Ive heard a lot of people say North should have done this should have won etc but in reality they didn't, i take my hat off to the players there they are having a crack but just havent taken their opportunities, so really that shouldnt play finals, hopefully they learn from it!
Have also heard a few already early departures out of bunton park
And who would they be wizards? Don't be shy name names?

And who would they be wizards? Don't be shy name names?
Watched them today - nice day for a drive - very very well coached - busy and lots of players at the fall of the ball - Aker has them playing great team footy. Myrtleford could have got back in it but inaccurate in front of goal. They may have won there GF last week vs Rovers. All in all both teams are very young and playing a good brand of footy. A skinny bloke (Oshea??? looked in a bit of trouble with an injury). Mothballs now.

went for a drive to watch wang and albury today... My god that albury team must be close to best in country footy??? Probably spoken about before on here but if I was to take a stab at there budget for the year I would say 300k to 325k???? Have heard asakie ohalipan gets $1800 a game and he no where near some others in talent in that team. hyde.Hampton,Mackie,maher,Mitchell,ohara must be on $2500 if ohalpin on that

went for a drive to watch wang and albury today... My god that albury team must be close to best in country footy??? Probably spoken about before on here but if I was to take a stab at there budget for the year I would say 300k to 325k???? Have heard asakie ohalipan gets $1800 a game and he no where near some others in talent in that team. hyde.Hampton,Mackie,maher,Mitchell,ohara must be on $2500 if ohalpin on that
Bit sad really. Think you a bit short on the $. Maybe someone can advise how many albury players came via thirds , v how many wang , and myrtleford had in yesterday. Plus crowded I have seen all year very poor and getting poorer. What are real figures from o&m , not the "estimated". One lavi game counted only a douzen
In stand.
On another note, maybe wodonga can appoint Clive palmer capt,coach. Will tell all he is greatest coach ever, better than ponse Kline! Will obviously play at f.f and wonga buy premiership, netball premiership , and get state of art new ground. Plus you think Akers can get on the front page. Pity the umps though. Might have to fly in Chinese umps.

Bit sad really. Think you a bit short on the $. Maybe someone can advise how many albury players came via thirds , v how many wang , and myrtleford had in yesterday. Plus crowded I have seen all year very poor and getting poorer. What are real figures from o&m , not the "estimated". One lavi game counted only a douzen
In stand.
On another note, maybe wodonga can appoint Clive palmer capt,coach. Will tell all he is greatest coach ever, better than ponse Kline! Will obviously play at f.f and wonga buy premiership, netball premiership , and get state of art new ground. Plus you think Akers can get on the front page. Pity the umps though. Might have to fly in Chinese umps.

Probably best to wait til you're sober before your next post.

Probably best to wait til you're sober before your next post.
Note post was 9.36 a.m. Well before 11.00am!
The point was , the difference between last and first on the O&M ladder would appear to be Rich benefactor ready to part with$. Wodonga might as well start at the top , with Clive and Gena.
It would also appear that a "very solid full forward " is also a help. Both might fit the bill too.

Classic Aker. He is an interesting chap isn't he. I remember hearing/reading something after he was sacked by the dogs how narcissistic he was and doesn't look like he has changed. He craves attention, this is the bloke that told the media about a teammates injury before a grand final. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. History says it won't end well if his previous clubs are anything to go by

Classic Aker. He is an interesting chap isn't he. I remember hearing/reading something after he was sacked by the dogs how narcissistic he was and doesn't look like he has changed. He craves attention, this is the bloke that told the media about a teammates injury before a grand final. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. History says it won't end well if his previous clubs are anything to go by
I see his terminology is "We" not I . Maybe some coverage for the investigation. If it was him who sent the emails, texts etc then it is not "we", he has to take responsibility solely doesn't he? Interesting that the president was informed (a solicitor) in order for it to stop it was reported, and it continued. Be interesting the president's take on it. I also read where someone got 6 months in the GV, if he was given that sentence, would that be immediate (from now over pre-season), or would it be throughout the football season? If so, quite simply North would have to get another coach. Financially, where does that leave them? Some interesting scenarios to play out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see his terminology is "We" not I . Maybe some coverage for the investigation. If it was him who sent the emails, texts etc then it is not "we", he has to take responsibility solely doesn't he? Interesting that the president was informed (a solicitor) in order for it to stop it was reported, and it continued. Be interesting the president's take on it. I also read where someone got 6 months in the GV, if he was given that sentence, would that be immediate (from now over pre-season), or would it be throughout the football season? If so, quite simply North would have to get another coach. Financially, where does that leave them? Some interesting scenarios to play out.
Let's just see how the investigation pans out shall we?
Anyway back to the footy. Exciting finals series coming up. 3 teams with genuine premiership hopes.
I think I said on here last week the hoppers would go to Myrtleford and win...And The did and very comfortably. Best young kids in the comp that's for sure. Speed to burn and elite skills all of them. Well coached, well drilled. 7 wins and only a game of playing finals. Great effort by a club that was on its knees at the start of the season. Credit to everyone involved. It just shows north albury is a club with resolve and fight and passion and people that care. Not many clubs would get of the canvas once, they have now done it twice.

Let's just see how the investigation pans out shall we?
Anyway back to the footy. Exciting finals series coming up. 3 teams with genuine premiership hopes.
I think I said on here last week the hoppers would go to Myrtleford and win...And The did and very comfortably. Best young kids in the comp that's for sure. Speed to burn and elite skills all of them. Well coached, well drilled. 7 wins and only a game of playing finals. Great effort by a club that was on its knees at the start of the season. Credit to everyone involved. It just shows north albury is a club with resolve and fight and passion and people that care. Not many clubs would get of the canvas once, they have now done it twice.

Frank,
agree.... great story for the Hoppers result this season after all the predictions of being wooden spooners for sure this season.Must also say, 7 wins and 11 losses, but still had a percentage of 97% plus...... if they hadn't of lost 3 or so games where they should of won they would of made the finals. Anyway, a great effort,,, by both the players and the coaching staff, especially Aker. And also the off field personnel.. All going well. the Hoppers may look forward to finals in 2015. Gotta give Aker huge credit for this seasons results, showing his commitment to a club that appeared down and out. He could of easily pulled the pin and moved on to a club elsewhere that was in a much better position.

Frank,
agree.... great story for the Hoppers result this season after all the predictions of being wooden spooners for sure this season.Must also say, 7 wins and 11 losses, but still had a percentage of 97% plus...... if they hadn't of lost 3 or so games where they should of won they would of made the finals. Anyway, a great effort,,, by both the players and the coaching staff, especially Aker. And also the off field personnel.. All going well. the Hoppers may look forward to finals in 2015. Gotta give Aker huge credit for this seasons results, showing his commitment to a club that appeared down and out. He could of easily pulled the pin and moved on to a club elsewhere that was in a much better position.
Totally agree that he has done an outstanding job, the knock is that everyone has a "but". Acknowledge he is always honest, which causes some controversy, and that becomes what people talk about, not the job he has done on the ground. As a good coach, if something isn't working you change it don't you? Nothing seems to have changed off the ground for him in a long time in that regard. Anyway it will work itself out. Albury resigning Polo fended off a move to Wodonga in a coaching capacity.

See Yarra won today. Total of 15 goals kicked for the entire game in good weather conditions.... typical defensive Lavington game plan,,, just doesn't win the big games against top sides.And to some degree, makes the game half boring .
Ross Lyon game plan - does not get the job done!! Agree

Geez, Albury by 10 goals over Yarra. The Irishman bagging 9 and Ohara 5. The Fev bagging 6 out of his sides 11..... was there a good crowd there at Corowa ?

Yeah 2,500 I would think.. and Albury were simply awesome today.. you certainly wont beat them in a shoot out.. must admit I was surprised they didnt pay much attention to O, Hara..

Hopefully Yarra can come back from the result yesterday and challenge Albury again. The problem is that their good players all figured in the best yesterday - Fev, Ednie, Bonat, McMillan, Symes, Leslie, so don't know what else they have to offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back