Season 2015..

Remove this Banner Ad

I really wish some of the North players would come out and honestly say that Aker is they are the reason they're leaving. If the shoe was on the other foot he wouldn't hesitate. Don't say you are going to the Tallangatta League to "hone your craft". What a crock. You're leaving cause you don't like your current coach.
Holman said he didn’t leave on bad terms.

“People at North know the reason,” he said -Kris Holman (bmm)

Why burn your bridges when nothings gonna change. I think everyone who has left the Hoppers have acted well. Check out round 18 2015 Nth v Roos lucky if half be there in 2016 and that's not good for our league.

Is this you Aker????
Yeah yeah yeah it's me
Not
Bit too cryptic sometimes? Could have been Jason though.
Just wondering when people who play country ( city ) sport decided they need ( have ) to be paid?
Thought sport was something you did outside work to keep fit and relax. Mix with friends.
What happened and when! Do they actually pay people to get 6 kicks and 2 h.b?Are club sponsors and volunteers happy to do so?
Watching o&m last few years on a very regular basis, less and less people. Border says crowd 300 at lavi, read 50 opposition supporters.
If the afl money from tv rights doesn't flow down where to?

P.s heard holmans chatting to rovers.
? Do they actually pay people to play upper Murray and o& k?

Yeah yeah yeah it's me
Not
Just wondering when people who play country ( city ) sport decided they need ( have ) to be paid?
Thought sport was something you did outside work to keep fit and relax. Mix with friends.
What happened and when! Do they actually pay people to get 6 kicks and 2 h.b?Are club sponsors and volunteers happy to do so?
Watching o&m last few years on a very regular basis, less and less people. Border says crowd 300 at lavi, read 50 opposition supporters.

The invisible men the holmans! Seek them here , seek them there.

Yeah yeah yeah it's me
Not

Footballers getting paid is not new and is club driven to have success yes its out out of hand but that reality. Where have you been ?

Footballers getting paid is not new and is club driven to have success yes its out out of hand but that reality. Where have you been ?
Actually I've been involved . I play for the thrill and sense of achievement! Not necessarily footy.
Reality ? Actually when you look at leagues, teams , players , crowd , stretching the bow at reality.
Maybe reality is biting a few at the moment

Actually I've been involved . I play for the thrill and sense of achievement! Not necessarily footy.
Reality ? Actually when you look at leagues, teams , players , crowd , stretching the bow at reality.
Maybe reality is biting a few at the moment

Reality is simple O&M is the big loser and that's sad.Been player in both and admin in both. The family set up in the Hume league with lots of footy and netball all on Saturday works well,thus their budget on players increases and so it goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just wonder how precious our sporting "stars" are today? From Tomic and kokinakis down to u12 soccer.
Don't shout at me coach (or dad or mum will complain) . Long as I get paid
Didn't train coz I'm lazy. Long as I get paid.
Didn't bother picking up c height coz I'm better than him! U wish. Not my problem. Paid what! Injured next week.
Not happy! Show me the money!
Player management. John Kennedy and yabba jeans really big on player management.
"You had a job to do"
What are the club volunteers paying you for?
Don't care. Long as I get paid!

Maybe Aker or dan can reply? Use a pseudonym! John o'brien will do!

What he said!
I gather on tv ? ( didn't see ) and border today.
Maybe I have morphed into Jason?

Frank is going on holidays over the winter months of 2016.. Hopefully the hoppers can cover some of there loses and still be considered. competitive..

“The reality is we have probably lost six senior players, which is a bit too many, but the reasons are varied.

“A couple were lazy, a couple we just couldn’t have any more because of their behaviour, a couple left for money and one left because we might get beaten which is crazy.”

2+2+2+1=7 last time I checked but Rd 18 team v Corowa my tally of lost players is 12. Sounds like spin to me. Some time ago wan't didn't he receive weeks for cyber bulling via text messages. Hope that's not happening again the O&M said they wouldn't tolerate that, wonder what would be the penalty for repeat offenders.

Last edited:
“The reality is we have probably lost six senior players, which is a bit too many, but the reasons are varied.

“A couple were lazy, a couple we just couldn’t have any more because of their behaviour, a couple left for money and one left because we might get beaten which is crazy.”

2+2+2+1=7 last time I checked but Rd 18 team v Corowa my tally of lost players is 12. Sounds like spin to me. Some time ago wan't didn't he receive weeks for cyber bulling via text messages. Hope that's no happening again the O&M said they wouldn't tolerate that, wonder what would be the penalty for repeat offenders.
To get away from Aker for a minute.
Top 3 looks set in stone. Will be &@i$ fight for 4 and 5. Might actually be interesting. Am trying to talk it up!
Raiders? Nothing much from birralee? Could be good or bad sign. Usually they are the first to talk it up re any news! More $ demands?
Anyone know what mark jamar is doing this winter?

Top 3 looks set in stone. Will be &@i$ fight for 4 and 5. Might actually be interesting. Am trying to talk it up!
Raiders? Nothing much from birralee? Could be good or bad sign. Usually they are the first to talk it up re any news! More $ demands?
Actually just found an article re Jamar joining St Kevin's OB. The Amos use job opportunities and connections rather than upfront money I am lead to believe. Says he is looking to get into the construction industry. Wonder if he has actually put pen to paper?

Actually just found an article re Jamar joining St Kevin's OB. The Amos use job opportunities and connections rather than upfront money I am lead to believe. Says he is looking to get into the construction industry. Wonder if he has actually put pen to paper?

Another one for Albury then

I think everyone has shut up shop because Albury have already won it. Why bother competing. My top 5 would be -
Albury
Lavy
Yarra
Wang
Raiders

I think everyone has shut up shop because Albury have already won it. Why bother competing. My top 5 would be -
Albury
Lavy
Yarra
Wang
Raiders
Exactly right. Why would anyone bother spending a heap of money to compete for 2nd place. Clubs are better off putting their money into improving their facilities.

We always here the league big wigs talking about how good the league is, blah blah blah, i think there is no better proof about how much Albury and to a lesser extent Yarra have ruined this league, you only have to look at the interleague side, we are now being beaten by sides that 15 years ago wouldn't be fit to carry our bags into the ground. Most of of rep side these days comes from 3-4 sides, it's not healthy at all.
rep footy is s**t - total waste of time - makes the season a week or two longer and for what. Lots of those picked are ring ins anyway. Do away with it and shorten the season then blokes can play a bit of cricket or go fishing - "like the good ol days"

Hearing there may be a bit of a tweak to the points system. Apparently due to the Hume League not adopting the new VIC/Southern NSW/ACT system all Hume League players transferring into leagues using the system will be worth just 1 point. Same as the Picola League, who also haven't adopted the system. Reckon we might see a raid on the Hume League?

Hearing there may be a bit of a tweak to the points system. Apparently due to the Hume League not adopting the new VIC/Southern NSW/ACT system all Hume League players transferring into leagues using the system will be worth just 1 point. Same as the Picola League, who also haven't adopted the system. Reckon we might see a raid on the Hume League?

begs the question do the powers that be listen to small leagues and there concerns which I know are genuine. Or is it about getting there own way and bullying any league that dares decide to keep out of it??
Are they truly trying to sustain COMMUNITY clubs like those in Picola and Hume or as I suspect look after the major league clubs as a priority??
Our small club supporters are passionate about sustaining our family based clubs what a shame they just refuse to negotiate just dictate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back