GFL Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagle already flown the coop?

Clearance been lodged for Jason Eagle back to Sunraysia league

Something has obviously happened, maybe thought he gets paid if injured but doesn't? maybe he thought he should have played last week but they left him out? who knows im sure we will hear more though

Either way, could be just another example of the super saints just recruiting the wrong type of player/character to their club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does one club continually get it's recruiting so wrong? Have to wonder if he realised the gfl wasn't going to be a walk in the park that he's used to and he wasn't prepared to do the work required at this level? Either way not a good look for the supersaints and once again the April premiers haven't lived up to the preseason hype!

I no irymple flyed him up and back last year. I no he came down as a package to play with Justin carey and lives point cook area. how does carey go buy the way? has to be a reason why his left st albans, anyone no?

Thoughts on the interleague side? lots of stars missing by the looks of it
No care factor at all, the players hate it, the coaches hate it, the fans hate it. Get rid of interleague, it's about 10 years past its use by date.

Clearly a post from a jealous footballing nobody! Ask any bloke that played today and I don't think you will find one player/coach that hates it! Brilliant concept and well done to all Geelong Footballing reps today!
Settle Down mate, it was just an opinion.

Clearly a post from a jealous footballing nobody! Ask any bloke that played today and I don't think you will find one player/coach that hates it! Brilliant concept and well done to all Geelong Footballing reps today!
If you knew anything about local footy, which you clearly don't, you would see how many players pull out of interleague, at every level. If they were playing club games on that weekend they would be available to play. Coaches hate it because of the possibility of injuries etc. They are the facts mate. But I suppose anyone who posts on here at 2.30am is either drunk, or hasn't got a life, or both.

How does one club continually get it's recruiting so wrong? Have to wonder if he realised the gfl wasn't going to be a walk in the park that he's used to and he wasn't prepared to do the work required at this level? Either way not a good look for the supersaints and once again the April premiers haven't lived up to the preseason hype!
He is a proven power forward at many top leagues, from darwin, cairns and country vic. I think he can cope with the work required.. from what i have gathered (dont know if true or not) but apparently St Albans promised him a job and haven't come through on their word.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of cracking games ahead this weekend 1v3 & 2v4. StMarys contenders or pretenders v Joeys?? Grand final preview Grovey v 'Pold IMO. Should be a couple of quality local games of footy in Victorias premier country footy league.

A couple of cracking games ahead this weekend 1v3 & 2v4. StMarys contenders or pretenders v Joeys?? Grand final preview Grovey v 'Pold IMO. Should be a couple of quality local games of footy in Victorias premier country footy league.

Would love to see a Grovey v Leopold grand final, would be a dream result money wise for football Geelong as well. The 2 biggest supported clubs in the league by a fair way, it'd draw a massive crowd. Still unsure whether Grovey are good enough tho.. Very tough to beat if the games played on their terms but I still think they can be exposed on a big ground against sides that move the ball quickly with good skill. The elimination final flogging last year against Newtown a prime example. Hopefully I'm proven wrong tho.

Haven't seen St Mary's this year so can't say to much on them. Obviously improved but also haven't played any of the big boys yet besides Leopold early on. Big 2 weeks for them coming up.

I'm still leaning towards another Joeys v Newtown grand final unfortunately.

Eagle played for Irymple last week.
There was a stuff up with the clearance application he was never actually cleared from Irymple in the first place.

So ST Albans should lose all their points then?

So do you loose all your points for the year if you had a head count & had 19 players on the field..Don't think so.
And how many games did he play? Maybe one.
And it was a Barwon Football mistake not St Albans.

Premiership Winner

St. Mary's 3.40
Leopold 3.60
Bell Park 3.70
Newtown & Chilwell 5.00
St. Joseph's 7.00
Grovedale 8.00
Colac 21.00
South Barwon 67.00
St. Albans 101.00
GWSP 501.00
North Shore 1001.00
Lara 1001.00

Premiership Winner

St. Mary's 3.40
Leopold 3.60
Bell Park 3.70
Newtown & Chilwell 5.00
St. Joseph's 7.00
Grovedale 8.00
Colac 21.00
South Barwon 67.00
St. Albans 101.00
GWSP 501.00
North Shore 1001.00
Lara 1001.00

Leopold V Bell Park or Newtown grand final.

Watched a cracking game of GFL football Leopold v Bell Park today. Season on the line for the 'Parkers and they threw everything at the 'pold only to come up short. The 'pold have a great mix of grunt and outside runners and their small forwards are dangerous. Bring on Round 15 Leopold v StMarys. Does anyone see another side that can challenge?

Watched a cracking game of GFL football Leopold v Bell Park today. Season on the line for the 'Parkers and they threw everything at the 'pold only to come up short. The 'pold have a great mix of grunt and outside runners and their small forwards are dangerous. Bring on Round 15 Leopold v StMarys. Does anyone see another side that can challenge?

I wouldn't be writing off Joeys and Newtown. Don't judge joeys on the side that's playing at the moment. I know after the bye they get 8 premiership players back that will be fresh and ready to give them a tilt. They could be 3rd by the bye if results go their way.

I don't think leopold are certainties by any stretch....Yes they are playing great footy and yes they are probably favourites with Marys but its still only round 11 just gone, any of the top 6 teams can beat one another on any given day, its the most even the comp has been in years and i say leopold, Marys, Joeys, Newtown, Bell park and even grovedale could take the cup out if there on the big day, Colac may just lack a bit of depth but even they could test sides with their top end talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back