Season 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets get back to the games, although I do think the Tribunal results should be published.

Top 5 in Div 1 now done and dusted, but some positions could change. Huge interest on the relegation stakes, If Belgrave lose (vs Healesville), and Emerald win (vs Warby), Belgrave go down.

Equally Wandin could pinch top spot if Upwey can beat Olinda and Wandin get over Woori, or Woori could pinch 3rd if they beat Wandin, and Belgrave beats Healesville (who have been in ordinary form)

Great the last round still has some very important games with a real bearing on the flag, and on next year

Lets get back to the games, although I do think the Tribunal results should be published.

Top 5 in Div 1 now done and dusted, but some positions could change. Huge interest on the relegation stakes, If Belgrave lose (vs Healesville), and Emerald win (vs Warby), Belgrave go down.

Equally Wandin could pinch top spot if Upwey can beat Olinda and Wandin get over Woori, or Woori could pinch 3rd if they beat Wandin, and Belgrave beats Healesville (who have been in ordinary form)

Great the last round still has some very important games with a real bearing on the flag, and on next year

Top 5 to remain unchanged after this weekend.

Emerald to win - have been in pretty good knick generally across the last 4 weeks, much more to play for than Warby.
Belgrave to lose - Healesville obviously going through a flat spot but far too good to drop this one - Belly heading down to Div 2 !

Top 5 to remain unchanged after this weekend.

Emerald to win - have been in pretty good knick generally across the last 4 weeks, much more to play for than Warby.
Belgrave to lose - Healesville obviously going through a flat spot but far too good to drop this one - Belly heading down to Div 2 !
Do we expect any of the Divvy 2 teams will want to come up? Maybe the points system and salary cap will help or maybe not?

Still early days with the points system but I would consider giving the promoted side more points then the rest of the sides in the grade.
Surely Gembrook possibly having Michael Firrito at the helm will be aiming for 1st division quickly.
Interesting to see Leigh Burke given a 36 game suspension for breaking Simon Clarke's jaw in EDFL.
Lastly Warby will beat Emerald. Not sure if Paddy Sharp will be back from injury but will still get the job done.

Congrats to Wandin FNC today on their 4th straight Vets flag.
Massive effort by all involved!!!
#GoSaltyOldDogs
Great game of football Nick with a big crowd. Hopefully Vets wont get pushed aside with the new girls comp getting bigger. Think most teams have been improving grounds and upgrading scoreboards but will now need to start looking at more change rooms to facilitate.

Surely Gembrook possibly having Michael Firrito at the helm will be aiming for 1st division quickly.
Interesting to see Leigh Burke given a 36 game suspension for breaking Simon Clarke's jaw in EDFL.
Lastly Warby will beat Emerald. Not sure if Paddy Sharp will be back from injury but will still get the job done.

Probably get a permit to play for a certain club in the YVMDFL next season its allowed there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was the healseville ruckmen coaching as well?

No the bloke that got him is though.

Anything to report from last Saturday's game against Monbulk? Heard the Valleys own Joel Selwood had a unluck incident and a key forward got a bit clumsy again behind play.

Will Bayliss and Fowkes take anyone with them when they find a club to take them. Polky Harvey Dyer already committed elsewhere as well.

So before yesterday Upwey Fan it's been a while since we've heard from you (a while from anyone actually). I know you'll probably play this with a straight bat, but how are things looking at "The Dome" for the up coming season? I can't see Upwey tolerating another season without playing finals, and for what it's worth, I think they'll make finals this year.

Based on absolutely nothing I will have an early go at season 2016. WANDIN to again be head and shoulders above the rest. The only interest will be will they lose a game. For interests sake I hope so. Bit of a gap to HEALESVILLE and OLINDA. Both have pretty good lists, good kids and with a couple of top ups should have strong seasons. UPWEY and WOORI to round out the five. UPWEY for reasons mentioned above and WOORI because making finals is what they do. A blanket can be thrown over the rest. MONBULK had a very good home and away season last year, but with a couple not going on and not a lot of depth they may struggle to win enough games to make the five. BELGRAVE, I thought, were a pretty good team last year but still came up short. I don't know why, but I'm a bit worried about the Pies; hopefully I'm wrong. Mt. EVELYN, alot better than their ladder position last year and will win a few more games this season. WARBURTON will battle on as they normally do and Gordon Sumner might give them a bit of a spark. Must be hard to recruit when there is so many clubs on the highway before them. And finally EMERALD. Surely they will have figured it out what they need to do to stay in first division. Actually, they should be a powerhouse of first division. Very strong juniors (have been for years) and a good size town with not a lot of competeing clubs for players.

As in recent seasons this one should be a good one as well and hopefully all clubs reach their (realistic) expectations.

Last, but not least, I hope it's a good year for the forum. The more banter, gossip and innuendo the better. Remember, we're all keyboard warriors so we don't need a lot of truth. That stuff can be printed in the local rag or footy record.

Turned out to be a pretty good prediction especially as it was made in January! Now the tricky bit, turning it into a lotto win. But before that (hopefully) happens how will the finals pan out? On form it looks as though Olinda and Woori are the teams to beat. Healesville are sputtering a bit at the moment but have too much talent just to roll over and the bigger and drier grounds should be to their liking. Wandin are pretty much in the same boat, but like Healesville, matters still to be resolved may be their undoing. Upwey's best isn't too bad, but probably not good enough to go very deep in the finals series.

I mentioned once before how that Ross Oakley mentioned that a clubs "personality" came to the fore when the pressure was on. So on that basis Olinda may struggle to advance very far as they have only ever made one 1st division grand final and last time they finished top went out in straight sets. Woori and Upwey just get the job done and the other two have too many distractions at the moment. So based on all that it looks as though the finals should be very even and whoever ends up winning it will be a very worthy winner.

I've maintained all year that Wandin will go back to back but I'm now changing my mind. I still think they'll make the big dance but now I think Olinda will break their duck and salute on Grand Final day.

So Bayliss has been signed at park orchards as senior coach for 2017 congrats to you Bayliss

Good to see wandin in good shape for The future
Rob Bayliss(maddoggiefan)? Are we going to read your match reports next year or are you going to follow you sons along!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back