Prediction Season 2016

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Apeness won't start training with main group till after season starts as he has had an 18 month serious PCL injury to overcome. Given the seriousness of that injury to his knee he won't be rucking at all. We have Clarke Griff and Hannath as genuine Ruckmen to back up Sandi.
Well Freo originally recruited him as a forward. Still.... I hope he plays a few games in the 2ns half of the season.

Whatname

Club Legend
Feb 17, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
3rd, lose first final on the road, win semi at home then knock off top place eagles in Prelim.

GF vs Hawks/Sydney

Fyfe with 61 to top goal kicking.

Blakely to become a permanent selection in the midfield.

rodney hoo

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well Freo originally recruited him as a forward. Still.... I hope he plays a few games in the 2ns half of the season.

IMO appness will play in the second half season and will play a lot more ruck than forward, did not show that much as a forward.

To early for my prediction will wait till end nab cup, would like to see how Benall and Yarran go, think they could be major contributors to a premiership.

DannyTheDoorman

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hajduk Split
IMO appness will play in the second half season and will play a lot more ruck than forward, did not show that much as a forward.

To early for my prediction will wait till end nab cup, would like to see how Benall and Yarran go, think they could be major contributors to a premiership.

Apeness wont be back for the NAB Cup.Yarran still needs to pick up the pace of the game but he has good skills and need to improve on his aerobic fitness to that of an AFL tank.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Apeness wont be back for the NAB Cup and neither will Bennell. Yarran still needs to pick up the pace of the game but he has good skills and need to improve on his aerobic fitness to that of an AFL tank.
Interview with Ross on AFL.com, Ross said Bennell will be playing in the NAB games just not sure which game yet.

Said if he performs well he could line up for round 1 but due to missing a big chunk of preseason he will have to perform well to take the spot of those who have done a full preseason.

DannyTheDoorman

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hajduk Split
Interview with Ross on AFL.com, Ross said Bennell will be playing in the NAB games just not sure which game yet.

Said if he performs well he could line up for round 1 but due to missing a big chunk of preseason he will have to perform well to take the spot of those who have done a full preseason.
That interview must be the one from this morning at training so the position with Bennell has changed because what was being put out was that Bennell wouldn't play till Rd1.

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers
b2edb1190881d640d6fb8b19aa9d6d7b.jpg

yoong

Club Legend
May 9, 2013
3,919 km from Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
I am happy with a top 4 finish (depending on injuries to us or other teams)

Doesn't need to be in the grand final, but I hope we are the ones to beat Hawks and Eagles and knock them out of the finals.

Walters.

Weller + Blakely.

Ps: I am pulling this prediction out of thin air, but I think Crozier will finally have a breakout year and cement a top 22 spot (like Sheridan last year)

Westerberg

Team Captain
Jun 17, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hoping for the following:

1. Tabs to become a serviceable 2nd tall 20 - 30 goals
2. Bennell to deliver on his potential
3. Clarke to deliver on his potential or Griffin to continue his form from last year. Think Clarke has a higher ceiling though.
4. And a couple of wildcards to become best 22 - Mora (please,please,please), Crozier, Weller, or Blakely.

All a reasonable possibility IMO, and we'd be well in flag contention.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hoping for the following:

1. Tabs to become a serviceable 2nd tall 20 - 30 goals
2. Bennell to deliver on his potential
3. Clarke to deliver on his potential or Griffin to continue his form from last year. Think Clarke has a higher ceiling though.
4. And a couple of wildcards to become best 22 - Mora (please,please,please), Crozier, Weller, or Blakely.

All a reasonable possibility IMO, and we'd be well in flag contention.
Was about to post something similar in another thread. To add to that I think finding someone to replace Duffield off half back. His disposal was just about our best bar maybe Hill and Walters and our run coming out defence was a reason that we weren't quite good enough last year.

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
You guys aren't doing it right. Start of the season is the time for unbridled enthusiasm and optimism.

1st
Yes for sure, Hawthorn
Fyfe (Brownlow, Coleman & North Smith triple)
All three of them will become kick-arse A-graders.

I wore my Dockers shirt to work today for the first time this year. The Perth Scorchers shirt has been relegated for the next 10 months.

Last edited:
Back