Autopsy season 2017 in review

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting last night in the brownlow coverage when they were going through the retirees.

Sam Mitchell said "when the other boys were out on Saturday nights I was at home doing the right thing, and those sacrifices paid off".
(while I'm sure he still went out a few times, I have no doubt he sacrificed A LOT given he wasn't as naturally gifted).

You reckon our blokes are this dedicated to winning a flag??

I feel if you look at the teams of Richmond, Bulldogs or Crows we're not THAT far away.
GWS on paper look a lot better, but it doesn't work like that.

So much of the game is played above the shoulders, and it seems our guys all went for it in 2015, and now don't have the mental fortitude to go again.

Wholesale changes aren't needed in terms of personnel, we do obviously need to improve a bit though.
But most importantly is a change in head space.
I think many of our players are in a comfort zone where they just do enough. I think the injection of Mitchell and a few others will help change that. I also suspect it is why some have not been rushed into the team as they may have the skill but not the dedication.

Interesting last night in the brownlow coverage when they were going through the retirees.

Sam Mitchell said "when the other boys were out on Saturday nights I was at home doing the right thing, and those sacrifices paid off".
(while I'm sure he still went out a few times, I have no doubt he sacrificed A LOT given he wasn't as naturally gifted).

I feel if you look at the teams of Richmond, Bulldogs or Crows we're not THAT far away.

So much of the game is played above the shoulders, and it seems our guys all went for it in 2015, and now don't have the mental fortitude to go again.

Wholesale changes aren't needed in terms of personnel, we do obviously need to improve a bit though.
This is why a coach who will tell them a few home truths wouldn't go astray! Too many in their comfort zone in my opinion?

coaches job to get cattle up mentally, notice the fortunes of the eagles and crows since don pyke changed clubs, makes me wonder who was mostly responsible for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back