Season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

EMERALD V WANDIN Wandin by 8 goals, Wandin's big guns are firing, wouldn't be calling them premiership favourites just yet though, they have Healesville and Olinda coming up.

MONBULK V OLINDA, huge win by Monbulk last wee, but it wont last Olinda by 35 points
MT EVELYN V WARBURTON great win by the mounters last week 100+ win here
UPWEY V GEMBROOK Upwey starting to gel as a team, 100+ win as well.
WOORI V HEALSEVILLE. Woori will win, Healesville have lost both times on the road, and beating up the not so good teams at home, their on the road again tomorrow so Woori for me by 25 points

Who cares its divi 2....not interest on the forum about fraser playing for seville

I think the hot topic is monbulks ruckman armstrong not to be seen after being dropped to the magoos for discipline reasons after interleague...monbulk went hard on recruiting in the off season and with only the 1 win alot of disgruntled 2s players suddsy might be on the out at moores rd.......discuss

Who cares its divi 2....not interest on the forum about fraser playing for seville

I think the hot topic is monbulks ruckman armstrong not to be seen after being dropped to the magoos for discipline reasons after interleague...monbulk went hard on recruiting in the off season and with only the 1 win alot of disgruntled 2s players suddsy might be on the out at moores rd.......discuss
....dismiss!

I also heard the Troy Armstrong a few weeks back.
Begs the questions, has anyone ever played Interleague before and been dropped from their club side the next week ? And is he coming back because he is a bull of a man that the Hawks really can't do without ?

I also heard the Troy Armstrong a few weeks back.
Begs the questions, has anyone ever played Interleague before and been dropped from their club side the next week ? And is he coming back because he is a bull of a man that the Hawks really can't do without ?

Clearance to junction.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looking forward to Biteme's tips this week!
EMERALD V OLINDA the bloods by plenty (boring)
GEMBROOK V MONBULK Monbulk by heaps (boring)
Mt EVELYN V UPWEY 8 point game here, both sides are in bad form, Mt Evelyn at home and back in the 5.
WANDIN V HEALESVILLE match of the day at the kennel, some very handy inclusions at Wandin, this game will tell us a lot about both sides. Can Wandin's back-line handle two big Healesville targets? Will Wandins young kids stand up against a great opponent?. This game will be won in the ruck. The midfield battle will be a hotly contested battle, Davies?? Mendes and Savage for the bloods Polkinghorne Molner Stevens for the dogs. Great players on both teams. i'm going for Wandin to win by 20 points.
WOORI V WARBY. Woori by lots (boring)

Looking at your selections biteme and being an outsider from the YVMDFL and looking at current ladder positions I think you might be right.Begs the question you say boring on 3 game results,Warby,Emerald and Gembrook.With the points system now in do you think this will help these clubs out.

No not at all! The points system has been in for a while now yet we see the gap from the higher place teams to the lower widening each year.

However this is the first season with the salary cap and it's gonna take a few years to see if it works.

Agree red door i reckon it wont make any difference. There's only so many kids that live in these little communities. I reckon the further away you live from Melbourne the more points you should get. I'm not sure thats even right though Look at Belgrave now in divvy 2 and Upwey? They were both powerful clubs only 5-10 years ago,and are closer to Melbourne than warby and Gembrook so that kills my argument right there. FIIK!!

Agree red door i reckon it wont make any difference. There's only so many kids that live in these little communities. I reckon the further away you live from Melbourne the more points you should get. I'm not sure thats even right though Look at Belgrave now in divvy 2 and Upwey? They were both powerful clubs only 5-10 years ago,and are closer to Melbourne than warby and Gembrook so that kills my argument right there. FIIK!!
Clubs further out can and do apply for extra points and do get them

Looking at yesterdays games all sides max.points are 40 other then Kinglake,Thornton Eildon and Powelltown who are 45.Looking at the current 1st division ladder bottom teams and their points added up to,Gembrook 30,Monbulk 28 and Warburton 24.BUT top teams Healesville and Upwey only 24.Personally agree with the points/ salary cap brought in but agree with Red Door that it could take time.Interesting that neighbouring leagues have different max.points,EFL is 47.

I'm starting to think I'm a bad luck charm - have been to 5 games this season and 3 have had ambos called to them.
2 compound tibia fractures, a really bad knee and then in the knee game there was another MCL or ACL (based on the incident).
All the best to the Alex player on the w/end that broke his leg- pretty horrific sound.

It's clearly not working then

Yes I should of been more clearer. The points system has never worked and should just be scrapped.
However the new salary cap could maybe work and level things out but will take around 2-4 years to start to see a trend

Yes I should of been more clearer. The points system has never worked and should just be scrapped.
However the new salary cap could maybe work and level things out but will take around 2-4 years to start to see a trend
The points system didn't work when it was operating in isolation. Now that it is across all leagues, it is starting to work. With the salary cap also across all leagues it will also help as long as the caps are reasonable. Currently I think they are a bit high. It will take a few years to sort itself out . It has already hit Balwyn, for example, as they have been unable to top up with as many AFL/VFL players as they have in the past.

HEALESVILLE v UPWEY this could get ugly for Upwey...Healesville looking like they are on track after a slow start
WARBY V GEMBROOKE Warby at home to avoid relegation
MONBULK V MT EVELYN Monbulk should win here and consolidate their position away from the bottom tier
WOORI v EMERALD Woori will win easy and go to 2nd spot or 3rd spot on the ladder
OLINDA V WANDIN Olinda will win, too big and too strong, will be interesting to see how Wandin respond to last weeks disappointing effort at the kennel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back