Season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Nhill play Meningie on the 25th (over there) and then Padthaway (at Nhill) on the 1st of April. They're also presenting their new jumpers that evening, presuming they arrive in time.

Nhill play Meningie on the 25th (over there) and then Padthaway (at Nhill) on the 1st of April. They're also presenting their new jumpers that evening, presuming they arrive in time.
Lookout for ex Nhill player, Wade "Chop" Thompson who I'm fairly sure signed for Padthaway. Good thing Josh Jarred doesn't play for Nhill anymore. Although he will enjoy playing against chop in the regular season for KLU!

4 ins for Dim on the WFL website - all from the Tiwi Islands I would think.

should create some real interest this year.

They seem to have about 15 ins and 4 out. Big turn around for them from that walk out year! Should be a exciting year for dimboola then
A lot of 2's players in that mix. Although the seniors will certainly improve. Any1 hear how they went in the praccy match vs JR last Saturday?

Anyone know why the 4 Tiwi Islands guys clearences got denied ?
Oh, didn't see that. Can't you only deny a clearance if the player either signed a contract or owes the club money/still has club property (such as a jumper)?

Tiwi Bombers only do Permits for there players rather then clearances. Winter full season permits and summer full season permits

Wouldn't like to be playing in the backline against stawell this year ! Travis Graham, Julian Carr and now Brent Tuckey 3 quality talls ! With Mantell and Eckle at their feet it's going to cause some massive headaches for some teams

Wouldn't like to be playing in the backline against stawell this year ! Travis Graham, Julian Carr and now Brent Tuckey 3 quality talls ! With Mantell and Eckle at their feet it's going to cause some massive headaches for some teams
That will be a handful.
Stawell are clear premiership favourites on paper before the first bounce this year.
Tuckey and carr are quality however they might have declined a little since their last stint in wimmera so looking forward to seeing how much they have left. They should get plenty of opportunities anyway.
Burras should still be strong.
With first pick of the best junior footballers in the wimmera area both horsham teams are always around the mark.
Then i expect Warrack, Nhill and dimmy to all be a lot stronger than last year. With no clue how ararat are going. However they have the biggest home ground advantage in the league and are always hard to beat there so should be a cracking year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keen to see what sort of reaction the Good Friday game gets and whether a few extras head on down to the game for a sticky beak given plenty will be up in Stawell for the Gift festivities.

Is David Lang playing for Rup or Stawell this year? I've two conflicting reports. If he is a warrior he'll be worth a few goals especially without the number 1 forward tag.

Y
Is David Lang playing for Rup or Stawell this year? I've two conflicting reports. If he is a warrior he'll be worth a few goals especially without the number 1 forward tag.
you will be able to find out today.. Stawell teams looking dangerous. Even has big meggsy in the maggoos.
I'm tipping Stawell by 61 today !

Lang is staying with Rup . Has told Stawell multiple times he wanted to have a crack at Wimmera League only to stuff them around and stay with Rup. After watching Stawell on Friday I don't think he will be any great loss anyways. Should of been 100 point plus win but they did butcher the ball kicking it to Tuckey and Co. if they fix their ball use they should be pretty hard to beat.

4 ins for Dim on the WFL website - all from the Tiwi Islands I would think.

should create some real interest this year.
Anyone know if the tiwi island lads are still coming? Heard a whisper they ended up just stuffing dimmy around despite the club bending over backwards to accommodate them. A shame if true dimmy look like they are still a long way back

Anyone know if the tiwi island lads are still coming? Heard a whisper they ended up just stuffing dimmy around despite the club bending over backwards to accommodate them. A shame if true dimmy look like they are still a long way back
Not sure but I think they had a couple playing yesterday

It'd be a shame if the club had been stuffed around. It really annoys me when players aren't upfront with a club, given the hundreds of volunteer hours that happen in the background to keep the club running (and produce cash behind the paycheque that the player to takes home).

One of the hardest rounds in to tip in quite a while for the wimmera league. Most games very evenly matched...

Picking minyip murtoa to beat saints in gf rematch by 17 pts
I think horsham at home will upset stawell by 6 pts
Nhill to edge warrack after playing quality opposition in first two rounds by 8 pts
And i think ararat will have too much run for dimmy and come out winners by 25pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back