Season 2018 comings and goings ...............

Remove this Banner Ad

We have improved this season G with a productive off season. Nice to get a good result with some handy ones absent, against a very good side.

Will only be a minor hiccup for the Burners who will be there at the pointy end.

We have improved this season G with a productive off season. Nice to get a good result with some handy ones absent, against a very good side.

Will only be a minor hiccup for the Burners who will be there at the pointy end.

Would depth be an issue for Doncaster looking at the 2's results and numbers selected but realise Blackburn's strength is strong 2's and U19's over the last few seasons.

Would depth be an issue for Doncaster looking at the 2's results and numbers selected but realise Blackburn's strength is strong 2's and U19's over the last few seasons.

In the past it certainly has been. We had at least 6 players absent that all played senior footy in 2017 and 2 of our more touted recruits did not play today. These guys will filter back into the system in the next month. That said Blackburn had some good ones also miss, but they have huge depth to cover.

Normally with those numbers out we would have struggled today. Depth has improved and the 2s will be a far better side than last season, but those top sides Vermont, Blackburn & South Croydon do have very good Reserves & tend to belt the rest.

It's only Round 1 & its a tough long season, so not getting carried away. Many good sides out there in the top grade so have a bad one & you will lose.

Any truth to the rumour Balwyn has hit the alarm bell button! and started contacting retired previous premiership players to come back into the senior side?

Chirgwin was a Doncaster junior although played 18s at Balwyn.
Most 18 yr olds in Balwyn prefer Table Tennis and chasing Pokemon.
We are just lucky that the blokes running the club can bring in some talent as there are no feeder teams.
And yes, Balwyn has 8 on the injured list, not sure thet have any depth to cover this.
Hopefully can field a good team if they make finals. Theres always next year.

We are just lucky that the blokes running the club can bring in some talent as there are no feeder teams.
And yes, Balwyn has 8 on the injured list, not sure thet have any depth to cover this.

I would like to take this opportunity to reply to this comment.
Firstly! It would have to be one of the most ill informed and insulting comments I have read for some time.
I would like to bring to your attention to the 2015 EFL season for starters! The club had u19s The reserves were virtually undefeated for that year, going on to win the premiership in that competition ! And of the course the seniors winning the premiership. that was 2015! hardly a lack of talent!! By the end of the 2017 season the only remaining reserves premiership player!! from the 2015 season decided to leave the club as had every other player from that year mainly due, to the lack of opportunity ! Early in the 2016 season once again injuries hit the club, at no time did the club develop any of the reserves players! They instead went for the recruit a has-been theory which is obviously still in use to this very day, as I can see by reading in the papers! This intern leads players to leaving the club to seek opportunity's else where. The club has some very loyal players in it but unfortunately are getting surrounded by nothing more then paid mercenaries or hired guns! hardly a atmosphere to encourage loyalty ! Now in 2018 the same thing is happening again! players walking out of the club before they play one game ,injuries , no depth I hear being said repeating! and the reason is explained above! put simply! what half decent player would put up with continually been used up and then overlooked for these blokes!! Yes your club does have a couple of blokes that bring talent to the club but really, that hasn't worked that well this year has it? Those blokes have big egos and wallets to match and still don't understand you cant buy loyalty! Put it like this, your club would better off spending less money on recruitment and spending more time in development I think your club would be in a much better spot then you are right now!! You also mentioned feeder teams, I think the only feeder team your club would want!! would have to be a VFL/AFL club, because it would be a complete waste of time working in conjunction with any junior club !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps they are all down at Old Camberwell, their U19's won a flag last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back