Preview Season 2018 - What are your hopes, expectations and predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've topped up for the now! which is very risky, It could lead to a very long and frustrating rebuild period if it doesn't lead to a premiership!
Except that our squad is not old, only Westhoff and Ryder above 30.
But I get your drift, Ken has staked his future on the now.

Hopes -

Expectations - Against some of the predictions above, one or maybe two of the old guard who have been hanging around the top four (or thereabouts) from the beginning of the decade will take a dip - Geelong or Sydney. And West Coast may also drop out. Which means one or two of the teams hanging just outside the eight might get a guernsey this year, such as, Melbourne or St Kilda.

Smoky to get in the eight - Gold Coast

Better performers - Port Adelaide, Collingwood

Wouldn't have a clue how they will go yet - Essendon, Western Bulldogs

Maintain their top four position - Richmond, Adelaide, and the Mighty Unstoppable Giants

Top Eight
1. Adel
2. GWS
3. Rich
4. Port

5. Geel / Syd
6. Mel / Stk
7. Ess / WB
8. Coll / GCS

Predications - I predict that Adelaide will be on the top of the ladder before Round One starts

OP could at least try to justify your opinion with some kind of rationale.

When I look at Port I really don't know what to think. They are in the middle of an list management experiment that could go either way. I expect them to get decent footy out of Rocky & Motlop. It's a bit of a crapshoot with their other recruits though.

If it doesn't work out, could be a rough few years for Port. They have quite a few quality players at the back end of their careers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back