Autopsy Season 2018 - What did you like, learn or hate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked: Denis Pagan elevated to a Legend.
Hated: Denis Pagan isn’t coaching at NMFC.
Learnt: Denis Pagan’s legacy grows. Adam Simpson is the fourth NMFC player from the Pagan era to coach the Premiers this decade.
Met Pages when he came out to my footy club to take training, Ripping bloke, master coach
Have you had the pleasure of meeting him?

Liked: Pies making the Big Dance, hurts like s**t to lose - but we're in for a very prosperous few years.

Learnt: Evenness of the competition is at an all-time high, and don't expect next year to be much different. Also that Richmond supporters suffer from some sort of inferiority complex.

Hated: These ridiculous proposed rule changes, all to justify 'jobs for the boys' at AFL House.

Liked:
winning the premiership given expectations at the start of the year were low.
Freo getting a 100 year old record of conceding 23 goals in a row.
after the siren win against Port on their home ground, AGAIN!

Learnt:
Gold Coast are in dire straits.
Patrick Cripps will win a Brownlow.
Our new Burswood stadium being very similar in size to the MCG is beneficial!

Hated:
NicNat and Sheppard missing out on medals because of injury.
The Vic media.
Commentators are the worst in VFL/AFL history.

Your all class sir.
Ive already said this but if the Pies are in it next year (and we are not), Ill be backing you blokes in all the way.
Buckley is onto something there at the moment, no doubt. He deserves success, I can see it happening tbh.
These feelings for me aren't normal, I feel abit dirty hoping Collingwood get a break. Its just not normal.

I think it is a little easier to feel sorry for a side once you beat them in a gf and hate em a little less. Pies were admirable too. Course if we face off again it's game on, but if we lose it won't sting as much, I don't think.

Beating the Tiges in a granny would be sweet though lol.

I think it is a little easier to feel sorry for a side once you beat them in a gf and hate em a little less. Pies were admirable too. Course if we face off again it's game on, but if we lose it won't sting as much, I don't think.

Beating the Tiges in a granny would be sweet though lol.
Yeah true.
But I’d rather be humble when it’s called for. Only the shitbags who deserve a serve will I give it too. But most of the Pie fans have been gracious.

Yeah true.
But I’d rather be humble when it’s called for. Only the shitbags who deserve a serve will I give it too. But most of the Pie fans have been gracious.

Living in Melbs I've seen my fair share of feral, nasty Pies supporters at games, pubs etc (passionate is one thing, abusing opposition fans another), but I do realise they're a vocal minority and most aren't like that. I think most Pies on bf at least fans have been pretty gracious in defeat. The most bitterness and saltiness was from Freo fans.

Living in Melbs I've seen my fair share of feral, nasty Pies supporters at games, pubs etc (passionate is one thing, abusing opposition fans another), but I do realise they're a vocal minority and most aren't like that. I think most Pies on bf at least fans have been pretty gracious in defeat. The most bitterness and saltiness was from Freo fans.

Dorker fans here have almost dissapeared completely. All gone quiet, they feed on a diet of eagles failure. The poor buggers dunno where to look when they are in public at the moment. The silence is deafening, its weird.

Dorker fans here have almost dissapeared completely. All gone quiet, they feed on a diet of eagles failure. The poor buggers dunno where to look when they are in public at the moment. The silence is deafening, its weird.

Thank god haha. Yeah pretty much. Their board reeks of jealousy and bitterness.

Liked:
Development of some of our youngsters
Eagles winning

Hated:
Betting ads
AFL never taking responsibilty for sh*t decisions
Draft being changed to 2 days

Learnt:
I don't enjoy watching footy as much as I did 10 years ago

This is pretty much word for word my thoughts too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked - Being at the G for those frantic last few minutes of the GF.

Hated - AFL hierarchy, I don't think Gil even likes footy that much, he'd rather be at the polo.

Learnt - If the AFL wants to make the game better just leave it alone, because that will be better than it will be with their stupid changes.

Liked- Tigers not winning in what seemed like a canter at some point making it boring. Also, their supporters were quite insufferable.
Eagles winning. I considered them and Melbourne the teams I wanted to win the most aside from Cats and so I'm ok with the result.
Some of Geelong's youngsters showed a bit.

Hated - Same old soft finals campaign from Geelong.
Scotty getting a 4-year deal a year before his old contract expired and no assistant changes. Now the club wants to review.
Channel 7 drowning us in ads at the GF
The goal review system keeps being near useless.

Learnt- The high-pressure style of Doggies, Pies and Tigers isn't the only way to win a flag.

Liked: Alex Rance’s realisation post prelim that his only true calling in life is gay pr0n.
What?

Jack Crisp was the one jacking off for other guys online- that's one of your players.

Rance is straight, married to woman named Georgia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back