SEASON 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think there is a good fit for sefnl anywhere. It’s a problem as that league is about to fall over. The top few are too strong for the rest but will bring the same problem to whatever Comp they go to
Why not the eastern? Surely they are better of competing with those Division 1 sides.

I believe that the Southern Umpires Association supply the umpires to the SEFNL so we'd probably inherit the clubs but not any umpires. Makes longer trips for all.

I believe that the Southern Umpires Association supply the umpires to the SEFNL so we'd probably inherit the clubs but not any umpires. Makes longer trips for all.
You never know, not all umpires out the SEFNL areas are happy with SUA ATM. You may pick up some and Southern may pick up some, depends on ur members.

Berwick and Cranbourne could comfortably compete with efl div 1 clubs for dollars.

Beaconsfield paid $95,000 out of $150,000, Narre Warren this year reportedly paying close to $60,000. (They have new social rooms to pay for)
Doubt very much that Cranbourne could afford $250,000 a year, maybe only Berwick, but even they would struggle to continually raise $250,000 pa.
My info says 7 out of 8 clubs say that Yarra Ranges is best fit for them, Berwick being one of the 7.
But if Berwick do jump to EFL then who knows.
AFL Yarra Ranges will do what is best for the Comp in the long term and unfortunately it will be accepting SEFNL clubs and new / existing clubs in the future to build its strength.
#AFLGREATEREAST

Upwey 49 points
Healesville 75 points
Olinda 81 points
Worri 100 points
Wandin 53 points

It’s the top 5 teams vs the bottom 5

Seville were one of the better teams in 2nd Divvie last year but was surprised to see them roll Gembrook at Gembrook so comfortably.

Gembrook will have 4 former AFL players, probably a record for a 2nd Div club. Only Firrito (North Melb) and Shipp (Fremantle) played on the weekend, both former Gembrook juniors. Marcus Kenny (Essendon) and Tarkyn Lockyer (Collingwood) have also signed.

I believe shipp didnt last long,did his hammy in the first quarter, thats from a Gembrook source.
Was actually the 2nd quarter, Gembrook were still in the game. They never really look like winning but Shipp was a loss, Gembrook seemed to lack depth. Firrito did a lot of in and under work in the middle and rested forward and kicked 5, even though it looked like he couldn't run. (maybe used his experience to avoid using up too much energy??)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know why Powelltown's score in round 2 against Alexandra was reset back to 0.0.0 ?
The Sores was originally 12.17.89 each, ending in a draw. Now going by the website, Powelltown is 0.0.0.

An update on AFL greater east developments. Tooradin to West Gippsland and Cranbourne to the MPFNL. Doveton looking to the Southern FL. Beaconsfield and Officer confirmed to Greater East and both Pakenham and Berwick highly likely to join.

Their decision making is based on netball too.

Moving forward this will be a good arrangement in my opinion.

https://pakenham.starcommunity.com.au/gazette/2018-06-05/the-puzzle-comes-together/

An update on AFL greater east developments. Tooradin to West Gippsland and Cranbourne to the MPFNL. Doveton looking to the Southern FL. Beaconsfield and Officer confirmed to Greater East and both Pakenham and Berwick highly likely to join.

Their decision making is based on netball too.

Moving forward this will be a good arrangement in my opinion.

https://pakenham.starcommunity.com.au/gazette/2018-06-05/the-puzzle-comes-together/

A great summarizing article - As per above though Doveton are likely to also head over to the AFL Greater East rather than Southern FL.

As a Ex Pakenham Junior, I am glad that Beaconsfields, Officer and Pakenham are joining AFL Yarra Ranges.

I am surprised that Cranbourne is going to MPNFL, I thought Doveton, Hampton Park and Cranbourne would have gone to Southern Football league with Dandenong Demons. But they do not want to lose the Netball.

Berwick and Narre Warren are the ones I am not to sure but will go to the AFL Yarra Ranges.

I am interested how the set up of the league going to be.

What a great season it has been thus far. Looking at the ladder I can’t remember a more even table coming into half way through the year.

Is it the results of the point system and salary cap finally taking shape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back