SEASON 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word is that the result has been overturned and the game ruled a draw retrospectively.
The joint is absolutely flying at the min.....
Spoke to my mate from Healesville they said

2 goal umpires, time keeper and scoreboard all came to the same score Healesville winning by a point.

Apparently Monbulk believe mistake was made in the 3rd?

Absolsutely bizzare by the league to even investigate but then again those mupetts actions never suprise me

Spoke to my mate from Healesville they said

2 goal umpires, time keeper and scoreboard all came to the same score Healesville winning by a point.

Apparently Monbulk believe mistake was made in the 3rd?

Absolsutely bizzare by the league to even investigate but then again those mupetts actions never suprise me

H'Ville have to pay 5k to appeal is the mail.

Surely once flags are waved that is it

Well that’s what I always thought. Opens up a can of worm. Are the league saying now any umpire mistake is up for investigation and they can overturn results?

How the hell was a mistake made by all 4 “score keepers” exactly the same. Something very fishy is going on.

Last edited:

Actually, it used to be quite common for results to be overturned in the week after the match. For example, in 1934 Seville was given a 1 point win over Powelltown by the YVFA after protesting that a goal that had been disallowed by the goal umpire should have been included. It just hasn't happened recently because we're usually better organised these days. But if the video makes it clear that a mistake was made, then the league is obliged to correct the result.

They installed a fancy new electronic scoreboard at Monbulk a few weeks ago, didn't they? I don't remember any scoring controversies happening when Glen James was doing the job.

Actually, it used to be quite common for results to be overturned in the week after the match. For example, in 1934 Seville was given a 1 point win over Powelltown by the YVFA after protesting that a goal that had been disallowed by the goal umpire should have been included. It just hasn't happened recently because we're usually better organised these days. But if the video makes it clear that a mistake was made, then the league is obliged to correct the result.

They installed a fancy new electronic scoreboard at Monbulk a few weeks ago, didn't they? I don't remember any scoring controversies happening when Glen James was doing the job.
Lol how do you know what happened in 32?

Regardless are you saying if a clear goal was callled incorrectly they should overturn results. What about in AFL when score reviews were deemed incorrect which the Afl has done on multiple occasions on a Monday.

Last edited:
This is yet another debacle. How on earth did no one happen to pick this up on the afternoon of the actual game. How many of these ridiculous situations continue to “pop up” under the current regime? Maybe instead of attempting Outer South East domination, which is on the nose anyway, maybe start getting the simple things directly under their nose right such as simple Maths.

How can you say it should be overturned?
Players played the entire last qtr believing the scoreboard.
The notion of overturning the result is absurd imo

How can you say it should be overturned?
Players played the entire last qtr believing the scoreboard.
The notion of overturning the result is absurd imo

So not one single person was able to bring it to any match day official that something may be amiss with the score on the actual day of the game? And why did both goal umpires scorecards add up to the exact same margin on the day resulting in a tie? Must have been some sort of epiphany on Sunday when one of the Monbulkians telepathically recalled something was not right with the score and decided to then sit through the entire game on Valley Vision, abacus in hand counting each score. Seriously all this episode is missing is the Benny Hill music.

So not one single person was able to bring it to any match day official that something may be amiss with the score on the actual day of the game? And why did both goal umpires scorecards add up to the exact same margin on the day resulting in a tie? Must have been some sort of epiphany on Sunday when one of the Monbulkians telepathically recalled something was not right with the score and decided to then sit through the entire game on Valley Vision, abacus in hand counting each score. Seriously all this episode is missing is the Benny Hill music.

No, Both goal umpires, scoreboard and time keeper scorer all came to a win to Healesville by 1 point..

Not a single official source came to any different score. So basically 4 different people all at seperate areas made exactly the same
Mistake according to the league.

The mistake was made in the 3rd apparently but apparently no protest at the quarter break. clearly no one noticed until days later some how.

Something very strange happening here.

No, Both goal umpires, scoreboard and time keeper scorer all came to a win to Healesville by 1 point..

Not a single official source came to any different score. So basically 4 different people all at seperate areas made exactly the same
Mistake according to the league.

The mistake was made in the 3rd apparently but apparently no protest at the quarter break. clearly no one noticed until days later some how.

Something very strange happening here.

Strange...

Lets just call it bullsh1t

It's far easier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mon will not play heals next year and I'm discussed about that. Neither will win the flag this year so don't bother arguing

LOL at Powelltown appointing Mario Bandera as head coach.
They obviously don't have google at their club otherwise they would of known his past.
Bloke is a psychopath. I promise and I mean promise he will be sacked before the last round

LOL. Dunno what Powelltown were doing. Should have contacted ANYONE from the NFNL
Wow some clubs are insane. 1 phone call to virtually anyone from the northern football league! Just 1 phone call.

Enjoy Powelltown.

In other news after the power brokers down at league HQ reversed the H’ville M’bulk game result to a draw the appeal lodged by H’ville has been upheld and the 1 point victory now stands. You couldn’t make this stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back