SEASON 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
These clubs are far too strong for the SFNL. They had the right home in the MPNFL and they walked out. Now it’s a headache that I’m very surprised this league has bought into.

I thought EFL would have been a good fit

I don’t think so. SFNL Division 1 is bloody good footy. EFL yes, though doesn’t make as much sense geographically.

I don’t think so. SFNL Division 1 is bloody good footy. EFL yes, though doesn’t make as much sense geographically.
Would have brought the EFL to 50 teams, perfect for 5 divs.
Berwick and Narre playing Sides like Noble Park, Rowville and Knox sounds about right.
SFNL div 1 has improved but it’s nowhere near the top half of Sefnl in my opinion.

Last edited:
Surely it couldnt be in the current KDFL format? Already 14 teams, draw as uneven as one could be unless they did go 16 teams and play 15 games playing each other once.
Few over that way already waiting to see what AFL Goulburn Murray may do.

For a long time I'd banged on about an area of football which roughly encompasses our local cricket and junior footy boundaries and the Hume corridor but she never grew legs.
Thornton/Eildon, Bonnie Doon, Alexandra, Yea, Violet Town, Longwood, Avenel, Broadford even Nagambie and/or Kilmore could've worked as the bulk of us either do it with Sunday kids footy and/or cricket over the summer.
Euroa or Seymour DFL, use their GV ground for GF day etc. Constant opponents summer/winter as our kids develop, form friendships etc like what local sport used to be like hey ... whislt it's always been a "what if" or "how would it look" I doubt she'd ever seriously eventuate.

The old Waranga North East Football League ... worth another try I am sure

These clubs are far too strong for the SFNL. They had the right home in the MPNFL and they walked out. Now it’s a headache that I’m very surprised this league has bought into.

I thought EFL would have been a good fit

The MPNFL clubs didn't let them in, that is the issue at hand.
The MPNFL clubs recently changed their constitution so that 75% of clubs had to vote yes to admit clubs instead of a simple majority and the amendment was voted in. Once that by-law was ratified, the SEFNL clubs as a block were screwed and had no chance of starting off as a Division 3 and AFL SE could do very little about it. Cranbourne had a much better hope getting in on their own seeing as though they were the closest club seeking admission.

Last edited:
The MPNFL clubs changed their constitution so that 75% of clubs had to vote yes to admit clubs instead of a simple majority and the amendment was voted in. Once that by-law was ratified, the SEFNL clubs as a block were screwed and had no chance of starting off as a Division 3 and AFL SE could do very little about it. Cranbourne had a much better hope getting in on their own seeing as though they were the closest club seeking admission.
They were in the MPNFL and walked out as a group in 2015 to start the sefnl, saying that they were better off alone. It didn’t work and the MPNFL clubs didn’t let them back in.

They were in the MPNFL and walked out as a group in 2015 to start the sefnl, saying that they were better off alone. It didn’t work and the MPNFL clubs didn’t let them back in.

They were in the MPNFL in name only, really. It was in three geographic conferences which didn’t play each other.

The league wanted to turn it into three promotion/relegation divisions but the clubs in Peninsula and Nepean wouldn’t have it. They want close local games. It was even a battle to get P & N together as divisions, the southern (south of Frankston) clubs in particular didn’t want to do that either, as now they have will have to travel up to Chelsea etc. They think it will cost them U19s.

They eventually got Peninsula and Nepean together, Casey Cardinia (SEFNL) would never have happened.

Wandin V Upwey, Upwey beat them by 77 points last time so Upwey pretty easily, Dan Waters to kick at least 8

Healesville V Monbulk Healseville by a point last time they met Monbulk are going way better now so i'll go with the away team

Mount V Olinda Mount will be confident after beating them earlier in the season at Olinda....

cant wait to see the ladder after this weekends games

Wandin V Upwey, Upwey beat them by 77 points last time so Upwey pretty easily, Dan Waters to kick at least 8

Healesville V Monbulk Healseville by a point last time they met Monbulk are going way better now so i'll go with the away team

Mount V Olinda Mount will be confident after beating them earlier in the season at Olinda....

cant wait to see the ladder after this weekends games

Hville will belt the jam boys

Thornton Eildon last 3 weeks have been 952* - 12 accumulative.
Not a great end to the year.

*scores were off the top of my head so could be a little bit out

Good on them for continually fronting up I say, says a bit about a group of people if you ask me

Probably highlights a real need up this way for clubs like Yea, Alex, Thornton, Bonnie Doon, even Violet Town, Longwood, Broadford to get in a room for a round table chinwag and perhaps present to AFL VIC as a collective about “what’s the plan”

Last edited:
Good on them for continually fronting up I say, says a bit about a group of people if you ask me

Probably highlights a real need up this way for clubs like Yea, Alex, Thornton, Bonnie Doon, even Violet Town, Longwood, Broadford to get in a room for a round table chinwag and perhaps present to AFL VIC as a collective about “what’s the plan”

What do you mean???? The plan is all sorted. AFL Yarra Ranges or AFL outer East or whatever they are calling themselves these days have it all sorted. Everything is sweet mate, no need to stress.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few options up there. GV, O&K, Kyabram District. All probably do-able for the likes of Yea, Alexandra and Thornton.

Kinglake is the other one. Prob closer to the Northern FL than anything else incl the new Outer East.

Interesting last round for Division 1. If Woori, Olinda and Wandin win on Saturday and Upwey beat Healesville, 3 teams will be equal 2nd with percentage dictating an elimination final. If Healesville beat Upwey, no change to 5th position but only Olinda and Wandin equal 2nd.

If Mt Evelyn beat Woori, they could go to equal 5th but with poor percentage and 4 teams would be equal first (if Upwey beat Healesville).

Played them a fortnight ago and you’d struggle to find a nicer playing group.
There was someone in or near their coaches box attempting to sledge who wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed but we can’t all be winners I guess.

I had them on weekend and you couldn't find a nicer bunch of blokes. Struggling obviously but full respect for having a crack each week when the odds are against them. Great atmosphere with the banter coming over the fence. Young Seville U12 ran the boundary and the old timers spent the last quarter offering a contract for next year and then gave him $5 notes during the last quarter for his efforts. Classic country footy.

Sounds to me like a bit of Jealously from you Tangles. Upset your big recruit hasn't delivered you a Leading goal kicker medal?

Not at all, simply a playful reply to the declaration that he would jag at least 8......Waters has had a great season.
All in good fun Ronny, lighten up.

The MPNFL clubs recently changed their constitution so that 75% of clubs had to vote yes to admit clubs instead of a simple majority and the amendment was voted in. Once that by-law was ratified, the SEFNL clubs as a block were screwed and had no chance of starting off as a Division 3 and AFL SE could do very little about it. Cranbourne had a much better hope getting in on their own seeing as though they were the closest club seeking admission.
Yeah. The MPNFL have stuffed themselves up. Between the clubs and the commissioners, they are on a road to nowhere. Should get their acts together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back