SEASON 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to Marcus Hottes on winning the comp BNF

Cant find the votes listed anywhere, does someone know where they can be found ?

Congrats to Marcus Hottes on winning the comp BNF

Cant find the votes listed anywhere, does someone know where they can be found ?

For some reason the league doesn’t release the full vote result to the public. However each club gets a copy of the full results

Now, is anyone heading off to the 47th and last Second Division grand final on Sunday? Yarra Junction and Seville are meeting in a grand final for the first time ever. Both teams have struggled in big finals in recent years. Since the Eagles last won a flag in 1990 they have contested 16 finals series without success. During that time YJ has lost four grand finals (1998, 2000-2001 and 2010). However, the Eagles have only finished on top of the ladder once in the last 28 seasons - in 1998.

Seville last won the premiership in 2003. Since then it has contested 10 finals series without winning a flag, including three grand final defeats (2011, 2013-2014). Seville finished on top of the ladder in 2014 and 2018.

Personally, I think I’d like to see Yarra Junction win on Sunday. Mostly for Tony Aulich. Is he still the president down there? He’s done a great job in holding that club together during some pretty hard times. And also for Leigh McCombe (who got a raw deal from Gembrook) and Tyson Wheeler. However, I wouldn’t be unhappy if Seville got up. For blokes like Wilson and Bailey and O’Keefe and Cecere x 2.

The Eagles have been in great form, but I reckon Seville might get up narrowly. And I hope it is a close grand final. We haven’t had one for a while (although last year wasn’t bad, I suppose). Seville won the very first Second Division grand final back in 1972, so it might be fitting if it won the last one as well before the league dismantles the competition over summer.

So, it is farewell to Second Division after 47 years. I did enjoy that competition. Think I’ve seen every grand final since 1999. Will have to find something else to do next year.

Now, is anyone heading off to the 47th and last Second Division grand final on Sunday? Yarra Junction and Seville are meeting in a grand final for the first time ever. Both teams have struggled in big finals in recent years. Since the Eagles last won a flag in 1990 they have contested 16 finals series without success. During that time YJ has lost four grand finals (1998, 2000-2001 and 2010). However, the Eagles have only finished on top of the ladder once in the last 28 seasons - in 1998.

Seville last won the premiership in 2003. Since then it has contested 10 finals series without winning a flag, including three grand final defeats (2011, 2013-2014). Seville finished on top of the ladder in 2014 and 2018.

Personally, I think I’d like to see Yarra Junction win on Sunday. Mostly for Tony Aulich. Is he still the president down there? He’s done a great job in holding that club together during some pretty hard times. And also for Leigh McCombe (who got a raw deal from Gembrook) and Tyson Wheeler. However, I wouldn’t be unhappy if Seville got up. For blokes like Wilson and Bailey and O’Keefe and Cecere x 2.

The Eagles have been in great form, but I reckon Seville might get up narrowly. And I hope it is a close grand final. We haven’t had one for a while (although last year wasn’t bad, I suppose). Seville won the very first Second Division grand final back in 1972, so it might be fitting if it won the last one as well before the league dismantles the competition over summer.

So, it is farewell to Second Division after 47 years. I did enjoy that competition. Think I’ve seen every grand final since 1999. Will have to find something else to do next year.

Seville by 35 points.

Why isn’t there 2nd division next year?

For what it's worth I will tip junction bye 20+. Junction have cut both Seville and YG up on the deck and Seville simply could not run with junction on the big deck. Seville will need a 8+ effort from Frazer to win.

There is second division next year. It will just be 8 teams slightly different to now and will effectively be division 3.

Likely to only be two divisions in 2020 as well according to the rumor mill.

Descent crowd today at the div 2 granny for a Sunday and Seville got absolutely cut to pieces on the big deck again.
Seville simply don't have any leg speed at all on a big oval and it showed today, and as for not hanging around for the presentations that was pathetic and a real shame on the football club.

I was really surprised at Armstrong getting the medal for BOG I thought there where a few ahead of him.

Descent crowd today at the div 2 granny for a Sunday and Seville got absolutely cut to pieces on the big deck again.
Seville simply don't have any leg speed at all on a big oval and it showed today, and as for not hanging around for the presentations that was pathetic and a real shame on the football club.

I was really surprised at Armstrong getting the medal for BOG I thought there where a few ahead of him.

I personally thought Armstrong. When it counted he had 36 hit outs to 11 in the 2nd qtr then in the 3rd it was 11 to 0 in the first 15 minutes. Wheeler was amazing and if he had of kicked straight would have won it. I thought when Holmes made his speech and went to thank Seville and they had already gone was poor on their behalf. Andy Bairstow getting a medal was the highlight with his victory dance. Congratulations to the league & Healesville on hosting a great day.

I think the first few years were going to be done administratively rather than pure promotion / relegation until the comp beds down. This taken from the recently published review:

PREMIER
8/9 Team Comp in 2019

• Top 5 AFL Yarra Ranges Division 1
  • Top 3 SEFNL

DIVISION 1
8/9 Team Comp in 2019

• Bottom 5 AFL Yarra Ranges Division 1
  • Bottom 3 SEFNL
  • 1 team from YR Division 2- By Application

DIVISION 2
8 Team Comp in 2019

• Sides to be made up of existing AFL YR Division 2 Clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does yesterdays premiership mean Yarra Junction go to 1st Division or stay in 2nd Division next year?

My understanding is any promotion or demotion is by application for a few years.
It won't be purely on the grounds of football on field performance but the sustainability of the club in higher / lower division. I could be wrong though.

Division two should stay as is and Division one and Premier division 8 teams each.

I tend to agree with this, but can only go off what I've heard from club/league officials.
Apparently (and this is far less certain) in 2020 they're planning on 2 divisions again with some (if not all) the northern teams going elsewhere.

Woori 8 pts they will want to make amends from last year.

Interesting to read that the crowd at Healesville last week was the second biggest crowd in Yarra Valley history.

I like the concept of the GF on the public holiday. Will be interesting to see the crowd numbers, however if the weather is bad it may be a deterrent to some spectators planning on going.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on tomorrow? Both the result and whether the public holiday idea will work?
Hopefully crowd numbers will be good. Like the fact that we are not competing with any other local or AFL games. Can't help but think Wandin will take the honors. Woori playing a few young kids and Anderson coming back after being knocked out from a couple of weeks ago. Guessing this will be the last time we see the grand final being played in the Valley for a while.

Went out and watched today, it was a pity about the weather which may have kept people away but loved the way the valley go about it. Some entertainment (live music), the sprint and marquees.
The footy, well ......I believe that if thetop4 sefnl clubs keep their lists then it’s a bit of trouble for aflyarra teams.
I believe that sefnl clubs will lose some quality players from their lists which may even things out a little, we will see in 6 months.
#afloutereast

Im with you bud...watched both grand finals....i hope the Yarra ranges teams believe in god...because there going too need him...i have massive concerns.

Don't see how it will be any different from previous years. The top teams in Div 1 Yarra Ranges have been making an absolute mess of the bottom teams for years. Maybe the shoe will be on the other foot for a change.

Gee the valley vision coverage makes for interesting viewing. Especially enjoyed the “special” comments from Brendan “the oracle” Donovan. A personal highlight was when none of them picked up on the fact that Allen had been carded and Woori were playing with 17 for the better part of the 2nd term.
Also whoever did the best for Woori needs to put the bottle down.....

Valley vision is pretty good including the Allen hit on the far side. Given the Wandin player didn’t come back on and was carried off can only assume a decent holiday in April.

Gee the valley vision coverage makes for interesting viewing. Especially enjoyed the “special” comments from Brendan “the oracle” Donovan. A personal highlight was when none of them picked up on the fact that Allen had been carded and Woori were playing with 17 for the better part of the 2nd term.
Also whoever did the best for Woori needs to put the bottle down.....

Agree with Woori’s best Robbie Ross slaughtered Monkey.....and Van Unen kicked 6 on his opponent!! I hear the Captain and Coach of Wandin are departing? Massive loss if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back