Review Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

A season which exceeded all my expectations. Overcoming the loss of JD, JK and Lecca midseason, Nic Nat's ACL and a Gaff punch to finish 2nd is just remarkable. I am proud of our boys in season 2018.

I was in the camp of thinking we’d make the 8, but only just. Looking at the fixtures before the season started I reckon I had us at about 12 wins (being optimistic, which is me in pre season, then it starts and I’m all doom and gloom) to finish second is massive with the players we’ve had missing, and the boys just seem so tight and want to play for each other. In a weird sort of way, NN injury might have been the turning point and the terrible event that brings them all closer and propels them to win it. Who knows, I’m nervous as anything and feel like we can’t waste this top 2 finish.

I hope the boys that played in 2015 can use that experience and disappointment to push them to go one better this year.

A thread of the best Freo and Eagles board comments after the JLT game would be amusing reading now.

Thought we’d be a solid 6-8th this year, with a chance of a possible slip. No way I dreamed top two. Well done boys.

I trawled their threads for my derby preview. To my surprise, most of them were pretty level headed. The best stuff I put in.

Over the last few weeks my feelings on this season have changed.

When Gaff went out, I was ok with everything as we had already exceeded expectations, even if we crashed out from that point on, I’d accepted a really exciting season with way more positives than negatives.

This morning I’ve woken up and feel as if the job is only half done. Anything less than a GF win will be a disappointment. Not that I haven’t enjoyed the year, but now we must take advantage of this opportunity we have created.

Over the last few weeks my feelings on this season have changed.

When Gaff went out, I was ok with everything as we had already exceeded expectations, even if we crashed out from that point on, I’d accepted a really exciting season with way more positives than negatives.

This morning I’ve woken up and feel as if the job is only half done. Anything less than a GF win will be a disappointment. Not that I haven’t enjoyed the year, but now we must take advantage of this opportunity we have created.

That's true for all but one team.

I predicted us finishing top 4 after the older slower players had retired. Our game would speed up to compete with the rest of the good teams.

Got a bit jittery after the JLT series but thought we would be top 4.

Exceeded expectations to finish second though.

Great year boys and if we hadn't lost those players from round 11 we would have won 2 more games and possibly finished top.

I predicted us finishing top 4 after the older slower players had retired. Our game would speed up to compete with the rest of the good teams.

Got a bit jittery after the JLT series but thought we would be top 4.

Exceeded expectations to finish second though.

Great year boys and if we hadn't lost those players from round 11 we would have won 2 more games and possibly finished top.
But we would be facing, IMO a tougher opponent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back