Preview Season 2020 - Do we start with our LIDS OFF? AKA Kane Cornes get in the bin.

DO THE BRISBANE LIONS DESERVE TO START SEASON 2020 WITH THEIR LIDS OFF?

• 100% - ALL LIDS ARE OFF!

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • I have put the lid back on and will wait and see

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • We will make the finals, but after that, who knows?

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Opposition teams will be on to us in 2020 and we are going to miss the finals.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cautiously optimistic , but undecided. I am holding the lid, but don't know what to do.

Votes: 16 20.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamlet asked, "To be, or not to be, that is the question ..." and over the summer we have to ask ourselves a similar binary type question.
Should we be encouraging each other to ...

1576713387040.png

or is it a case of ...

1576713490945.png

Certainly 2019 was chock full of excitement and highlights during the home and away season, but we did get found out a little in the Finals, going out in 'straight sets.' There was nothing to be ashamed of in the loss to Richmond, but the GWS loss still stings a bit. As far as our recruiting goes, the addition of Cam Ellis-Yolmen, Grant Burchall and Callum Ah Chee adds depth and talent to our list, while I would expect Deven Robertson and Keidean Coleman to get a run at some time this year. I worry a little bit about our defensive depth and would be happier to have Josh Walker still on the list, but we have to hope that Marcus Adams stays sound and we still have the much underrated Ryan Lester as a handy back up.

I think we have the best midfield in the competition and sides are going to find it very hard to match up on us. Dayne Zorko, Lachie Neale, Jarryd Lyons, Jarrod Berry and a fitter Cam Rayner make for a formidable "core" and we have plenty of other options in the middle. As far as our wings go, Hugh McLuggage and Mitch Robinson are the best in the business, particularly in terms of their capacity to hit the scoreboard.

After an indifferent year, Cam Rayner is set to repay the faith Fagan has shown in him and I would expect Eric Hipwood to also develop greater consistency. Then there is Charlie Cameron, possibly the most exciting and damaging small forward in the game. Expect goals!

I have gone through the list (below) and factoring in natural improvement, I actually think we are ready to take the 'next step.' I am particularly looking forward to seeing what Fagan can get out of Brandon Starcevich and Connor Ballenden this year.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tp-brisbane-lions

So there we go.

MY LID IS OFF NOW AND STAYS OFF UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

As for Kane Cornes - GET IN THE BIN!

Last edited:
Hamlet asked, "To be, or not to be, that is the question ..." and over the summer we have to ask ourselves a similar binary type question.

View attachment 795772

or is it a case of ...

View attachment 795774

Certainly 2019 was chock full of excitement and highlights during the home and away season, but we did get found out a little in the Finals, going out in 'straight sets.' There was nothing to be ashamed of in the loss to Richmond, but the GWS loss still stings a bit. As far as our recruiting goes, the addition of Cam Ellis-Yolmen, Grant Burchall and Callum Ah Chee adds depth and talent to our list, while I would expect Deven Robertson and Keidean Coleman to get a run at some time this year. I worry a little bit about our defensive depth and would be happier to have Josh Walker still on the list, but we have to hope that Marcus Adams stays sound and we still have the much underrated Ryan Lester as a handy back up.

I think we have the best midfield in the competition and sides are going to find it very hard to match up on us. Dayne Zorko, Lachie Neale, Jarryd Lyons, Jarrod Berry and a fitter Cam Rayner make for a formidable "core" and we have plenty of other options in the middle. As far as our wings go, Hugh McLuggage and Mitch Robinson are the best in the business, particularly in terms of their capacity to hit the scoreboard,

After an indifferent year, Cam Rayner is set to repay the faith Fagan has shown in him and I would expect Eric Hipwood to also develop greater consistency. Then there is Charlie Cameron, possibly the most exciting and damaging small forward in the game. Expect goals!

I have gone through the list (below) and factoring in natural improvement, I actually think we are ready to take the 'next step.' I am particularly looking forward to seeing what Fagan can get out of Brandon Starcevich and Connor Ballenden this year.

So there we go.

Beware the man mountain named appropriately named Payne. The big dog is ready to go and will haunt KPD for years to come.

View attachment 795772

or is it a case of ...

View attachment 795774

I think we have the best midfield in the competition and sides are going to find it very hard to match up on us. Dayne Zorko, Lachie Neale, Jarryd Lyons, Jarrod Berry and a fitter Cam Rayner make for a formidable "core" and we have plenty of other options in the middle. As far as our wings go, Hugh McLuggage and Mitch Robinson are the best in the business, particularly in terms of their capacity to hit the scoreboard,

So there we go.

While I agree with everything you said and would like to subscribe to your publication my lid will be remaining on this season. It's always more fun to have lower expectations and have them exceeded than to have high hopes and just have them met

I think it's best more often than not for supporters to keep the lid on in regards to their own team. But seeing as though Brisbane isn't my team the lid is well and truly off for 2020 in my opinion. I predicted you guys playing a couple of finals at the end of 2018 and I was happy to see you didn't let me down. I reckon you'll go further next year. I really rate the lions. Not necessarily looking forward to coming up against them next year, should be a good match.

Can see this year very much being a settling year. 2019 honestly felt like best case scenario so wouldn't be shocked to see us regress a bit.

Hoping for a home final that we can win and that'll be a pretty successful year. Could see us dropping down to that 8-11th range as well.

While I agree with everything you said and would like to subscribe to your publication my lid will be remaining on this season. It's always more fun to have lower expectations and have them exceeded than to have high hopes and just have them met
We'll check in with you again in let's say after rd 2. Judging by your posting thus far I'd say your lid is made out of paddle pop sticks and sticky tape;)

If you take "the lid is off" for its traditional meaning, being a secret has been reviled or the truth has been reviled, then yes I think most people in the know seem to point our new self belief leading to a commensurate uptick in our capacities.

It doesn't however mean we can simply expect a cake walk, unlike what some other self entitled clubs allude to.

*couch couch* :collingwood:

:p

I think it's best more often than not for supporters to keep the lid on in regards to their own team. But seeing as though Brisbane isn't my team the lid is well and truly off for 2020 in my opinion. I predicted you guys playing a couple of finals at the end of 2018 and I was happy to see you didn't let me down. I reckon you'll go further next year. I really rate the lions. Not necessarily looking forward to coming up against them next year, should be a good match.
My number 1 game of the season I'm looking forward to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season 2020 off to a flying start
Just like last year, I’m tipping this thread will be the place to be. It’s the BAROMETER measuring the various levels of cerebral pressure, delirium and euphoria among our supporters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back