Prediction Season 2020 - Is this the season we finally get to have a Big Crank?

Will Season 2020 justify a Big Crank this time next year?

• Yes, the Big Crank is on baybeeeeee

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • No, I'm Captain Bringdown and am still dirty they changed Pippas on Home and Away

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Maybe, I'm a lurking Essendon flog

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Its all Laura Kane's fault

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought Scamper was Rhyce? Its what I've been calling him for months.
Yeah wtf is going on, I wake up on a Saturday morning and I'm finding out Scamper and Rhyce are two different people. I had good s**t last night but this has blown my mind.

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
Yeah wtf is going on, I wake up on a Saturday morning and I'm finding out Scamper and Rhyce are two different people. I had good s**t last night but this has blown my mind.
giphy.gif

Kanga87

Senior List
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This forum has been pumping me up with false hope for over a decade, now I’ve lost hope. Happy to be proven wrong but highly doubt it

Scamper was sacked. The coach is now Rhyce.
Not sacked, it was a mutual parting of ways to give the club some "clear air". The club will pay Scamper 600 large next year to sleep 22 hours a day, preen, eat and sit on the back steps at Timmy's house.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well i just hope we don't get smashed by 80 off points in round 1 again pretty much wrote the year off then.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
And remember how Brad was soooo professional, all ELITE ATHLETE LIFESTYLES and that, well, we needed that for sure in 2008 when we were a shambles coming off a culture where the coach bumped into his most talented player in the hallway and they had their best chat in years.

But as you say, the succesful sides now make it fun. We need to learn from that and take the thinking to the next level.

How its fun to hurt them. We have fun destroying teams.
...this reminds me of the scene at the end of Jerry McGuire when one player manager and the player enviously looks at Jerry and Rod.

When there was ‘fun’ posted on our Nmfc the past decade the reactions broke this board

Fwiw my fun moment of 2019 fwiw was the BBB 10 goal night.

Senior List
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We are building pretty decent depth but we need a couple of players to become truly elite top 10-15 players to give it a red hot go - especially if we make the finals. Higgins, Cunnington, Brown, and Tarrant aren't too far off. If they all improve their games by a bit more, they are all AA-calibre and if they take it to the next level, will become top 10 truly elite players. Two mids, a KPF and KPD, that's pretty damn good. These players will win finals off their own boot, or take so much attention that they will elevate the rest of the players. We've shown we have the players and game plan to beat the best teams - a few players elevate their games to A+ grade, and a whole bunch of B grade players that could play at A grade any given game could get us a premiership.

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The midfield balance still needs to be addressed to seriously contend that top 4. To elaborate further, we need to see where Higgins fits in the rotation so he doesn't 'gas out' halfway through the season as an example. TT and LDU should get more TOG. JZ ONLY goes in when we need hardness or when we need to hold up play.

We also need to consider the mix of the backline when Daw is fit and we need to be more proactive with selections (i.e. avoid the stubborn Scott way of putting the same team repeatedly against sides with quicker players being manned by tall timbers)

There also needs to be a strict standard on running back to defend when the game is hot in the dying minutes. Too often we burnt out and got done.

TLDR: get rid of the Bradification.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good run with injuries and we could go top four, bad run with injuries and we could struggle to finish above the Gold Coast.

Expecting somewhere in between, a few big scalps, a few disappointing losses, and a comfortable ninth-placed finish.

Wake me up when September ends.

Back