Season 2020 news - 2020 season cancelled (8 July 2020)

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Most of the guys on the senior list will be 1-2 year players after brand mirra pittoner miles schoey leave.

Team will be almost completely different from 3 years ago

caseman2

Team Captain
Mar 31, 2008
NYC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Deledio, Richard douglas , Otten and Nick Smith all being interviewed for a playing / dev coach role at box hill for next year

Really like this approach. A playing assistant and we have already lost a lot of experience.

I know the drafts haven't taken place yet but a guy I would be looking at is Jack Leslie who has been delisted by the Gold Coast. I know he struggled the past couple of seasons but showed a bit early. With Brand being delisted and Mirra possibly playing local footy, we are going to need defensive reinforcements (amongst many other needs!)

Also, does anyone know if Harry Dear played anywhere last year after being delisted by the Crows?

Last edited:

TLDR; BHH would like Mirra to stay but EFL clubs are circling, and ex Doggie tall Mullenger-McHugh recommitting

It's a big part of why we rookied him in the first place.

caseman2

Team Captain
Mar 31, 2008
NYC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure how reliable the information is as it appear to be at least 5th hand, but apparently we have spoken with ex-St Kilda rookie - Nick O'Kearney.
From memory in hid draft year it was a surprise he slid to the rookie list but in the VFL for Sandy had some games with bumper numbers - in saying that however, he failed to play a senior game. Knock on him was disposal.
Just throwing it out there for what it is worth.

Killa returning

Mackie and Horner recommit

Slick

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Berwick
AFL Club
Hawthorn
These are big (and needed) signings for Box Hill. They or Hawthorn need to sign a mature aged ruckman as well, or they'll still be in some trouble.

Tremendous signings.

In terms of the ruck situation, a lot of it is contingent on what Hawthorn does. I'm sure the coaches have an idea as to whether the Hawks will play McEvoy and Ceglar in the one team. If not, then whomever misses out drops back to Box Hill and becomes first choice ruckman.

Ned Reeves will play next season and will be given every chance to develop as a ruckman.

Box Hill may sign a ruckman in due course, but I don't think it is a major issue.

Back