Season 2020 news - 2020 season cancelled (8 July 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon he might start feeling those calves a bit when it hits middle of winter and it's raining cats and dogs at Box Hill City Oval.

Lachy Walker also a starter again for 2020

Vincent Adduci, Mackenzie Doreian, Mason DeWit, Connor Byrne and Aaron Cotte also re-sign

....ex Doggie tall Mullenger-McHugh recommitting

Confirmed by club now

Some more ssp/ mid season postulating on why we can get some senior players committing to bhh, referencing Deledio’s potential to be a top up player almost if we needed

The journo may be postulating or are Hawks ahead of the curve again? Brillant planning if so. Both players are versatile and could play a role if required.

List change rules for the next year. Basically the key takeaway from me is we can get to include over-age Hawthorn (eligible but overlooked in their initial draft ) Father-Son and NGA as extra numbers on the VFL list if I'm interpreting correctly.

Summary of VFL rules changes:
  • VFL clubs will have a development list introduced, made up of 19-year-old players.
  • All clubs will be required to play 23 players per match, which will include 1 x 19-year-old development player and 1 x under-21 player (i.e traditional 23rd player).
  • List structures for 2020 will be as follows:
    • Non-AFL clubs can list up to 46 players, including 40 x primary listed players and 6 development list players.
    • AFL aligned clubs can list up to 36 players, including 30 x primary listed players and 6 x development list players.
    • AFL clubs can list up to 30 players, including 24 x primary list players and 6 x development list players.
  • An additional rookie list of two players is available to all VFL teams which will include NGA players and players who meet the AFL category B Rookie criteria.
  • A father/son rule will be introduced in 2020 which allows a club to list a player whose father played 100 games or more for the club (including AFL and AFL aligned clubs). These players will be listed on a club’s development list.
  • Aside from current finals eligibility rules, no other playing restrictions will apply in the finals series.

Last edited:
Maybe this is a nice way of bringing in Tom graham, toussaint from eastern, Todd garner etc next year without necessarily committing a HFC spot for them yet
Toussaint was from Gippsland and has gone AWOL, but you’re probably pretty spot on. Graham, Garner and possibly Pepper if HFC don’t pick him up, would all be options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ex-lions Ben Keays incoming

Reported elsewhere that ex Sun jack Leslie, who Paul Amy had previously reported was on BHH’s radar, may instead turn up at Casey

Fantastic get - although I would have taken odds on that he would have ended up on the Suns rookie list but it appears that now won't be happening.

Interesting

Says mynott had grown up playing with Dylan Moore so maybe it's that connection that's got him over

Remove this Banner Ad

Back