Season 2020 opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Scrape into the 8, close win in an Elimination final, lose the next week.

All so we have to endure another year of Hinkley in 2021 and ensure any chance Robbie and Trav have of pinching a flag is completely gone.

our absolute peak would result in a semi-final.
Thats with new draft kids having an impact, no 2nd year blues to last year draft picks, boaks form the continue on, ollie to get back to his best, dixon to get a full pre-season in, watts to come back in good form and robbie to be relatively injury free.

Worst is bottom 6.

Out of the actual possibilites I see, from worst to best case:
- finishing 7th/8th, losing EF;
- finishing 5th/6th, losing EF;
- finishing in the Bottom-4;
- finishing 9th to 14th;
- making Finals, winning EF, losing SF.

I am backing our list right now. I am blocking out all things Hinkley and moving on.

It's all I have left.

A fit Charlie.
A new ruck division. I am so excited for Ladhams I really am.
A new generation of leaders X and Dan I m looking you.
Conner Rozzee I am backing in 100% to become elite.
Butters Marshal taking a step up,

Don't care about where we end up right now just hoping we see a new direction and change. The old guard taking a back seat.

win our first three against GC, Cows, NM giving hope, lose our next three against WC, Col, WB....the typical bipolar PA.

Will then lose a few we should win in frustrating fashion making every game a “must win”. Hopefully the wheels really fall off in the run home ensuring Hinkley is gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No reason why we can’t finish top four.

PROS

1. Dixon for the whole season with a preseason under him instead of rehabilitating a broken leg.

2. Hartlett for the whole season with a preseason under him instead of rehabilitating an ACL.

3. Watts for the whole season with a preseason under him because he's already done the rehabilitation of his broken leg during the season.

4. Wines for the whole season with a preseason under him because he's not being a *head and going wakeboarding with Howard.

5. An extra preseason into the legs of Rozee, Duursma and Butters.

6. The recruitment of four players through the draft who have the ability to change our forward line dynamic in a way we haven't seen sine we had Schulz (Georgiades), Wingard (Williams) and Monfries (Bergman) playing in the same forward line, with Mead being able to come off the bench and help through the midfield as well as resting forward.

7. No old man Ryder sooking about not being played in the ruck.

8. Rockliff finally biting the bullet and getting his shoulder fixed properly so he can go back to being the player he was in the first six rounds of the season.

9. Further development of Houston, Byrne-Jones, Clurey, Burton et al.

10. Travis Boak having a career best season in 2019.

11. Getting rid of the Howard who wouldn't play like every other defender.

12. Better synergy between the coaches.

13. A pretty easy fixture.

CONS

1. Robbie Gray losing his agility thanks to his knee. Means he's now a burst player.

2. Will Ladhams get schooled by the likes of Goldstein again?

3. Getting rid of the Howard from the West Coast/North Melbourne games.

4. Will our skills under pressure ever improve?

Realistically, a semi final berth would be a good result for this group.

We will have a miraculous on field resurgence, culminating in a glorious GF victory, and Ken takes the podium and declares, 'Ports supporters - youse was wrong!' drops mike, marches off podium, out of stadium and straight to the Sandown Doggies, where he puts $100k on Repco Lad for the win - never to return to Alberton again

Not enough sack Hinkley in this thread...

Just so hard to pick what we'll do. The list is quality, we'd need everything going right to finish top 4. Best guess is between 6-10 on the ladder.

No reason why we can’t finish top four.

PROS

1. Dixon for the whole season with a preseason under him instead of rehabilitating a broken leg.

2. Hartlett for the whole season with a preseason under him instead of rehabilitating an ACL.

3. Watts for the whole season with a preseason under him because he's already done the rehabilitation of his broken leg during the season.

4. Wines for the whole season with a preseason under him because he's not being a fu**head and going wakeboarding with Howard.

5. An extra preseason into the legs of Rozee, Duursma and Butters.

6. The recruitment of four players through the draft who have the ability to change our forward line dynamic in a way we haven't seen sine we had Schulz (Georgiades), Wingard (Williams) and Monfries (Bergman) playing in the same forward line, with Mead being able to come off the bench and help through the midfield as well as resting forward.

7. No old man Ryder sooking about not being played in the ruck.

8. Rockliff finally biting the bullet and getting his shoulder fixed properly so he can go back to being the player he was in the first six rounds of the season.

9. Further development of Houston, Byrne-Jones, Clurey, Burton et al.

10. Travis Boak having a career best season in 2019.

11. Getting rid of the Howard who wouldn't play like every other defender.

12. Better synergy between the coaches.

13. A pretty easy fixture.

CONS

1. Robbie Gray losing his agility thanks to his knee. Means he's now a burst player.

2. Will Ladhams get schooled by the likes of Goldstein again?

3. Getting rid of the Howard from the West Coast/North Melbourne games.

4. Will our skills under pressure ever improve?

Realistically, a semi final berth would be a good result for this group.
Better synergy between the coaches..... really ?

You recon Kens is going to stop being a stubborn C*** and actually listen to his assistants and work as a team ?

Mid-table no man's land

We'll beat a good side occasionally, which will provide enough false hope for the snake-oil salesman, but we won't be able to do it with any sort of consistency. We'll beat most of the bad teams, but will have one or two losses against objectively bad teams (where you know in the first 5 minutes that the team hasn't turned up).

GC - W
Adl - W
NM - L
W.C. - L
Coll - L
W.B. - W
Carlton - W
Melb - W
Brisbane - L
Hwk - L
St Kilda - W
Adelaide - L
Gee - L
Freo - W
Rich - L
GC - W
Sydney - W
W.C. - L
Ess - L
W.B. - L
GWS - L

Have us at 9 Wins - 12 Losses (Leaving us ultimately 9th or 10th)

Better synergy between the coaches..... really ?

You recon Kens is going to stop being a stubborn C*** and actually listen to his assistants and work as a team ?

If we don’t finish top-4 or make a semi it will be Dan Houston’s fault because I’m gonna say he gets too big for his boots and should’ve done this/shouldn’t have done that, and that’s why we traded him to Collingwood for Pick 24.

Start the season with forward structure and younger players. Have a loss and the inevitable Tyrion and Methuselah selections happen, leading to another season of mid-table, where we neither challenge or get enough games into our younger players or teach them to play to a structure. So Groundhog day, again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back