Opinion Season 2020 - Pessimistic or optimistic?

Are you optimistic or pessimistic about 2020?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is this?

97497746_10158223049474356_3934300698673414144_o.jpg

So in our first five games we have four of last year's bottom 6 and a top 4 side.

So the remaining 12 games we'll have:

2x bottom 6
5x middle 6
5x top 6

Absolutely vital to get off to a good start given our recent inability to beat the top 8 sides.

So in our first five games we have four of last year's bottom 6 and a top 4 side.

So the remaining 12 games we'll have:

2x bottom 6
5x middle 6
5x top 6

Absolutely vital to get off to a good start given our recent inability to beat the top 8 sides.
You can already hear the doom and gloom if we don't.

6 bottom 6
5 middle 6
6 top 6
...I thought it was 16 rounds total?

You can already hear the doom and gloom if we don't.

6 bottom 6
5 middle 6
6 top 6
...I thought it was 16 rounds total?
17, play everyone once.

9 or 10 wins probably gets you in, maybe 13/14 for top 4?

The asterix stuff is nonsense. The only thing that would bother supporters of the premiers is potentially not being able to attend and enjoy it as much, but that doesn't discount the achievement.

The asterix stuff is nonsense. The only thing that would bother supporters of the premiers is potentially not being able to attend and enjoy it as much, but that doesn't discount the achievement.
I reckon a shortened season and shorter games, no away crowds, flights on game day, training in isolation and lack of continuity means the season is distinctively different in its demands on players and clubs. That means this premiership season for the winner is literally incomparable with any other. It will still be a demanding season, but the context of its demands is different. Whether we like it or not, the winner will have an asterisk.

I reckon a shortened season and shorter games, no away crowds, flights on game day, training in isolation and lack of continuity means the season is distinctively different in its demands on players and clubs. That means this premiership season for the winner is literally incomparable with any other. It will still be a demanding season, but the context of its demands is different. Whether we like it or not, the winner will have an asterisk.

I guess it comes down to how you interpret an asterix. If it's under different circumstances that need to be explained then you are right, but if it carries the connotation of being undeserving or unequal to other premierships then I'd disagree.

Back