Analysis Season 2020 - What should the season look like now?

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think people who would normally not get the flu shot will be lining up in droves thinking any protection is better than none.
I have got the flu shot for the last 20 + years always at my GP.
I am 67 so at present you only get the free but more importantly the extra boosted shot at the GP. This may change who knows.

My thinking is the GP's surgeries may well be overloaded with people early April through to early May.
So i opted to book at Chemest Warehouse 9/4/2020. Even though they do not offer the booster 65 yrs + shot.
Was at my doctors today. She said they’ll be doing the pensioner shot in late March. Infant shot first week of April.

Doctors surgeries are a great place to pick up infections at the best of times let alone now... ah well what can you do.

Go get your flu shot Jason.

Risk of picking up something at the Doctor's surgery is several orders of magnitude less than getting a nasty by avoiding that shot.

I can't prove it but gut feeling tells me it is so.

I wonder if it's coaching staff or admin, if it's coaching you would think that is it as far as play goes for at least a month, are we on the plane yet.
The person has been overseas and hasn’t been in contact with any players or any other staff since coming back to Aus and has been in self isolation.

Apparantly the interstate teams have agreed to play "home games" away from their home state as long as there are no crowds in order to help logistics and get the season done. So hypothetically we could play 4 games in a row in Brisbane then 4 games in a row in Melbourne etc.

Apparantly the interstate teams have agreed to play "home games" away from their home state as long as there are no crowds in order to help logistics and get the season done. So hypothetically we could play 4 games in a row in Brisbane then 4 games in a row in Melbourne etc.
If the interstate teams have agreed to this, then the Vic teams aren’t leaving home.

I wonder if it’s cheaper for us to stay in Melbourne and play all our games down there.

We could relocate to Ballarat and play out of Mars stadium.

The NT have copied Tas. I wonder if WA will introduce such measures next.

Will mean Freo and Eagles have to relocate to the east coast.

Or if all states introduce such measures. :oops:

With states locking their borders it looks like the decision will be taken out of the hands of the AFL.

With states locking their borders it looks like the decision will be taken out of the hands of the AFL.
When questioned specifically #scottyfrommarketing became evasive ..... so don't be so cure that shutting down all "non-essential" travel means the end of AFL (or NRL)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the interstate teams have agreed to this, then the Vic teams aren’t leaving home.

I wonder if it’s cheaper for us to stay in Melbourne and play all our games down there.

We could relocate to Ballarat and play out of Mars stadium.

The NT have copied Tas. I wonder if WA will introduce such measures next.

Will mean Freo and Eagles have to relocate to the east coast.

Or if all states introduce such measures. :oops:
SA has, so there goes Adelaide games.

So no footy to at least 31 May 2020.

Being reported that club's will have to slash $4M from its $10M soft cap for off-field staff and now talk of players not being permitted to train collectively for months.

Sadly, I just don't see a season happening.

Could be our first winless season.:disrelieved:

Its also worth pointing out that the AFL has advised clubs and player managers that all contract negotiations have also been put on hold.

What that means effectively is that the AFL won't approve any new contracts between club and players for the forseeable future.

Its also worth pointing out that the AFL has advised clubs and player managers that all contract negotiations have also been put on hold.

What that means effectively is that the AFL won't approve any new contracts between club and players for the forseeable future.
It's all up in the air now, isn't it... Hopeful that we can start up again on June 1 and run straight through with crowds. Luckily they've said they are willing to go through December 31 to get a season in. Not expecting the above to happen but can always hope.

The NRL looking at moving the 16 teams to a country town in Queensland to play out the season there.

The NRL looking at moving the 16 teams to a country town in Queensland to play out the season there.

shows how desperate things are for them and it wouldn’t be much better for the AFL

I really hope the broadcasters and the AFL can be creative with providing some products. I know nothing of licencing etc, but I hope its not just a total blackout of all AFL related footage if/until this season resumes? I certainly would tune in for repeats of old good matches etc. I guess fox footy owns most of the old stuff tbh...

It's all up in the air now, isn't it... Hopeful that we can start up again on June 1 and run straight through with crowds. Luckily they've said they are willing to go through December 31 to get a season in. Not expecting the above to happen but can always hope.
Just me spitballing.

The whole aim of shutting down all non essential services is to eradicate the virus from the nation.

Not slow it down. Stop it.

NSW and Vic have basically forced the federal governments hand by going early today. Hopefully all other states jump on board.

You can’t open business back up until it’s been gone from society for at least 2, but preferably 4 weeks.

You really have to make sure it’s gone.

If the government genuinely wants to do this as fast as possible, they are going to have to introduce some pretty extreme measures pretty fast.

Otherwise this “lockdown” will drag on.

Honestly I believe end of September or October is the earliest we’ll see any sport again, if the government acts decisively.

So both Gerard and Robbo accepted on 360 that AFL has no place being played at the moment (which Gerard was saying before the AFL said round one was proceeding), therefore how on earth did the AFL think it had a place less than 96 hours beforehand to play round one?

It was also accepted that by the time today’s game started that there was just no place for it.

The AFL really couldn’t have got it more wrong, but to those that supported the decision, I guess the positive is that we got a round in when clearly it was compromised.

So both Gerard and Robbo accepted on 360 that AFL has no place being played at the moment (which Gerard was saying before the AFL said round one was proceeding), therefore how on earth did the AFL think it had a place less than 96 hours beforehand to play round one?

It was also accepted that by the time today’s game started that there was just no place for it.

The AFL really couldn’t have got it more wrong, but to those that supported the decision, I guess the positive is that we got a round in when clearly it was compromised.
Could be worse; the NRL executive are an embarrassment. First begging for hundreds of millions in handouts now moving the whole competition to Calliope for 4 months is a genuine option being considered, V'landys directly said they will keep going until the government literally forces them to stop. It's a joke. Gill has been brilliant in comparison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back