Analysis Season 2020 - What should the season look like now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on previous data (looking at ladders after Round 17), 9 wins will get you into the finals.

If we can win our four home games then we will be almost half way there after only 5 out of 17 games, would be a huge leg up.

The Lions had the best home record in the AFL last year, only losing once at the Gabba in the home and away season (to Collingwood). They beat Geelong (minor premiers), West Coast and the Western Bulldogs there.

Many have tipped Brisbane to slide in 2020, but if they can bank seven or eight wins at the Gabba, they should almost certainly make the eight. It’s worth noting they play their first four games of the resumed season at home - against Adelaide, Port Adelaide, Fremantle and West Coast.

Fake crowd noise in the League is good - doesn't take over by any stretch or even improve the atmosphere but just some noise in the background so that it isn't complete silence, which I find very jarring.
It's a bit disconcerting when they turn the volume up on kicks and tries.

Incidentally, Eddie is in favour of shorter quarters [because it better fits our new life style].

You really want to be on the same side as Eddie?

Looking more and more likely there will be some form of crowds later in the season. Hopefully after ROund 5 we can have a few away games in a row so by the time crowds are back it's evened up and we have some home games with crowds too.

Looking more and more likely there will be some form of crowds later in the season. Hopefully after ROund 5 we can have a few away games in a row so by the time crowds are back it's evened up and we have some home games with crowds too.
I am hoping that because we have 4 home games by round 5 that we may be one of the teams that will get 9 home games.
Leaving a few more Home games left by the time crowds are able to go.

Article in The Australian today says Fox Sports was initially quoted $2 million for fake crowd noise by a global company for NRL but decided to do it themselves, only cost $3000. Fair saving there.

They created a library of 57 sounds for home and away teams from every venue, so the sounds you hear during the Broncos game were actual Suncorp stadium sounds. Four people sitting there at a soundboard pressing buttons at appropriate times and the system has been compared to playing a musical instrument. Channel 9 just used generic canned noise in their broadcast.

Interesting to read about. Sorry I can't link... I am reading the physical copy of the paper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we were to host a final then it would have to be outside of the Gabba because of that rubbish sport they play in the summer. I really dislike cricket. Boring

Finals football at Burpengary
South Pine Sports Complex is closer to the CBD so they would get the gig.
Can't use Springfield as i am pretty sure it won't be ready in time 🙃
Photo today

1590794652055.png

I am hoping that because we have 4 home games by round 5 that we may be one of the teams that will get 9 home games.
Leaving a few more Home games left by the time crowds are able to go.
Hopefully if we end up with only 8, our 9th away game will be against Gold Coast to negate that disadvantage. It might be a good way for the AFL to keep it fair (teams with an extra home game have the home game against their local rivals).

Hopefully if we end up with only 8, our 9th away game will be against Gold Coast to negate that disadvantage. It might be a good way for the AFL to keep it fair (teams with an extra home game have the home game against their local rivals).

Surely you just give the interstate teams 9 home games and the Melbourne clubs 8. Or does that make too much sense?

Could the shorter quarters give the less fit teams an advantage? Dropping off in time on has been an issue last few seasons, less so last season, that being said.

Ok. 16min quarters - tick. 6 on the interchange- tick. Fake crowds- tick. Complete rorting of the home ground and travel concessions- tick.

We're going well.

Ok. 16min quarters - tick. 6 on the interchange- tick. Fake crowds- tick. Complete rorting of the home ground and travel concessions- tick.

We're going well.
Have you got a link to 6 on the interchange bench?

Last article I read, the interchange bench was going to stay the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back