Analysis Season 2020 - What should the season look like now?

Remove this Banner Ad

On my walk this morning I spotted the boys training at Yeronga, they were playing a raucous fast paced up beat scratch match amongst themselves, I was on the other side of Brisbane Corso so couldn't really identify any players, did a quick count and it looked like approximately 9 v 9. I went back past about an hour later and they were just wrapping up, looked stuffed, all the guys not getting games getting pummelled at training in case they are needed.

Apologies for the rudimentary training report but I didn't want me and my germs to get too close and risk the AFL season ;) .

Lester kicked that last one like a backman

Can't believe we didn't win that one and missed out on finals

Was there.. fantastic game. We were playing a really physical brand at that stage. Had Geelong totally rattled.

Wanted Harvey stay on as head coach walking out of that game, think he would have done well.

Was there.. fantastic game. We were playing a really physical brand at that stage. Had Geelong totally rattled.

Wanted Harvey stay on as head coach walking out of that game, think he would have done well.

Yeah I was keen on him too. In hindsight he would’ve been much better than Leppa.

he probably knew it was a wrong move to stick around at the time.

On my walk this morning I spotted the boys training at Yeronga, they were playing a raucous fast paced up beat scratch match amongst themselves, I was on the other side of Brisbane Corso so couldn't really identify any players, did a quick count and it looked like approximately 9 v 9. I went back past about an hour later and they were just wrapping up, looked stuffed, all the guys not getting games getting pummelled at training in case they are needed.

Apologies for the rudimentary training report but I didn't want me and my germs to get too close and risk the AFL season ;) .
Put a mask on next time, and hang over the fence.

And avoid debacles such as this at 7:25 of this video, which couldn't have been a clearer free kick (just blatant cheating by McBurney):

Went to this game with my ex who was a Geelong member. Had seats in the second tier right between the goals.

My red Lions guernsey stood out like dogs nuts amongst all that blue and white, and I had a front row seat to all our goals in the last term and this non decision.

I am a proud member of the Geelong community and love the place, however I cannot stand the footy team. Had old ladies getting stuck into me all day, however to their credit they were very gracious in victory.

Felt like the "Crows were robbed guy" after Chapman dived on the ball and no decision was paid.

While the Port v Carlton result rendered the result moot as far as our finals aspirations, I recall being utterly deflated after this match.

The Lions were robbed. Right in front of me. Right. In front. Of me.

Yeah we basically get to pretend we're in Melbourne for a while, only difference of course being we all wash our hands.

Oh washing the hands bit a tad harsh! Lucky you Qld folk who get to see some live footy. As an AFL lions member and footy head love seeing neutral games and watching how coaches set up etc and to admire the skills of other teams players when I’m not emotionally linked to a Lions game. Enjoy the footy if you get a chance to go - very envious.

The Lions were robbed. Right in front of me. Right. In front. Of me.

Absolutely gutless by McBurney

One of the worst squibbing of the rules by an umpire of all time.

I heard an interview with McBurney after he had retired and he was asked about that ball up decision.

His jaw dropping explanation was that he was "concerned" for the safety of Chapman and called for an immediate ball up because he didn't want to see more players pile in on top of him:think::poo:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's been done to death a bit, but..........
I'm sick of hearing about how good the Lions have it at the moment. Yes we just played four in a row at the Gabba, but we now head to Sydney for back to back games. That will see us at 4 home and 3 away. Compare that to the VIC clubs and many of them will have had 5 games in VIC and 2 away. Now I know things might go pear shaped from there especially for the VIC clubs who might not get any more home games. But whenever it is pointed out that teams like Richmond regularly enjoy dream runs of 'home' games at the MCG and two months at a time withoughy travelling it's always ignored or dismissed.
Anyway rant over.

And avoid debacles such as this at 7:25 of this video, which couldn't have been a clearer free kick (just blatant cheating by McBurney):

Still one of the worst non-calls of all time. My voice is still somewhere in the stands behind the goals down that end.

Every Vic team got their players out of there yesterday so should be okay. I guess any club's essential staff that haven't gone yet have a day to get out.
However, as they didn't travel in the bubble, they would need to do two weeks of strict quarantine to re-join the bubble. Big decision not to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back