+22 shots
15W-7L-1D

4th quarters
Sydney 71.71 (497) 50% accuracy
Opposition 58.74 (422) 44% accuracy
+75 margin
+10 shots
14W-9L

Well, I've calmed down now. Compared to what expectations I had for the team at the beginning of the year, Swans have definitely superseded them. I would've been happy with a competitive team that won at least 10 games to double our total from last year.
I'm still really disappointed with tonight's game but mainly because it was so close and we had so many chances to secure the win late. Watching the team over the past few months have been a complete joy and although we didn't get it done tonight, I'm still really happy with our 2021 season.
Next year I'll definitely have higher expectations for the team, making finals should be a given and we must win at least one before I'll be satisfied. I have no doubt that we'll continue to improve and I hope the players tonight remember the bitterness of a finals loss and carry it into next season where we can take the lessons learnt and be better for it.

My prediction for next season, top 4 and make it to a prelim.

I watched the Dogs v Swans game. One incident really typified the dreadful umpiring on that night. Blakey goes for a really big mark, Ugle-Hagen pushes him in the back, causing him to go off balance and come down on his head. No free kick. If that had been a Dogs player it would have been a free. Blakey could have been very badly injured by that push. But the disgusting VFL Umpires didn't care. Some of the free kicks they got that night were just ******* disgusting. So bloody soft.

They threw the ball like it was a rugby game. But no frees for us.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I watched the Dogs v Swans game. One incident really typified the dreadful umpiring on that night. Blakey goes for a really big mark, Ugle-Hagen pushes him in the back, causing him to go off balance and come down on his head. No free kick. If that had been a Dogs player it would have been a free. Blakey could have been very badly injured by that push. But the disgusting VFL Umpires didn't care. Some of the free kicks they got that night were just ******* disgusting. So bloody soft.

They threw the ball like it was a rugby game. But no frees for us.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Throws happen with a fair few teams now sadly, players are great at hiding it out of sight from umpire.

I can't get mad at the Dogs for training their players that way and pushing the advantage (wish we would do it more).

Not sure if you expected much different with the free kick differential in a dog's match, it's sad but it is what it is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back