Season 2021 news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

An amazingly good appointment. When in post 21 I speculated there may be a need for a second senior coach at the BHH, I never thought we’d make such a significant signing. Andy Collins is an outstanding development coach with Bewley, Gibbons, Schultz, Cavarra and Wilkinson recently being drafted/rookied to the AFL. Collo‘s experience will be great support for Mitch.

A ballsy selection. Collo is his own man - and a very good one at that. Be interesting how he goes being second banana.

Seems like it could be a good opportunity for Sam to learn how to manage a coaching staff, as well as develop players. Smart move.

Last edited:
Seems like it could be a good opportunity for Sam to learn how to manage a coaching staff, as well as develop players. Smart move.

This is fantastic for Sammy. If he can manage Collo he should have no problem running a team. The flip side is not being able to manage Collo. This is great risk/great reward stuff.

Just a side note - former player Chris Jones who was very very handy has signed to play at Swan Districts in the WAFL next season.

Swan Districts have signed former Box Hill big man Chris Jones, a versatile key-position player who represented Victoria against WA three years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is fantastic for Sammy. If he can manage Collo he should have no problem running a team. The flip side is not being able to manage Collo. This is great risk/great reward stuff.
Gee he was very impressive. Great interview. Made from the right stuff.

Fantastic interview on SEN just now with Andy Collins

Really happy to have him at Box Hill

His appointment at Box Hill, along with Craig McCrae at Hawthorn will hopefully ensure the development of the players goes into overdrive

My SANFL club Norwood has recruited a ruckman by the name of Michael Knoll who was on Sydney's list in 2020. Prior to that, he played for South Adelaide in 2019. Before this, apparently he played with the Box Hill Hawks. Is there anyone out there who could find out the number of games and goals he registered for the club at A grade level? Cheers.

It's okay. I found the 2018 Annual Report and found he's only played 3 games, 0 goals in total. God only knows where he was before that :)

Last edited:
My SANFL club Norwood has recruited a ruckman by the name of Michael Knoll who was on Sydney's list in 2020. Prior to that, he played for South Adelaide in 2019. Before this, apparently he played with the Box Hill Hawks. Is there anyone out there who could find out the number of games and goals he registered for the club at A grade level? Cheers.
15 games in 2 years (2017-2018) at Box Hill

Going back to 2019 we signed a kid called Sam Fletcher before the Gold Coast picked him a SSP - he has now been delisted. Any talk of him signing for next season?
Will also be interesting to see what the list composition looks like for next season year with no VFL in 2020

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back