Season 2021 news

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll help out

• Haven't finalised their 2021 list yet, but now have the full complement of over-22 players (aligned club can only have 12 players over 22)
  • Of the ex AFL players, announces Fergus Greene and Callum Porter from the Dogs joining the already announced Hugh Beasley, Jordan Cunico and Ed Phillips.
  • Also have signed speedster Lachie Bramble from Williamstown.
  • Confirms Trent Mynott, one of Dylan Moore's buddies and a former Essendon rookie, is still on the list after he signed up last year for the ultimately abandoned season.
  • "Like Mynott, captain Damian Mascitti, key 2020 signing Josh Deluca, the fast-emerging Vince Adduci, Brayden Kilpatrick, Stuart Horner, Lachie Walker and Mason De Wit have recommitted."

Slick

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Berwick
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'll help out

• Haven't finalised their 2021 list yet, but now have the full complement of over-22 players (aligned club can only have 12 players over 22)
  • Of the ex AFL players, announces Fergus Greene and Callum Porter from the Dogs joining the already announced Hugh Beasley, Jordan Cunico and Ed Phillips.
  • Also have signed speedster Lachie Bramble from Williamstown.
  • Confirms Trent Mynott, one of Dylan Moore's buddies and a former Essendon rookie, is still on the list after he signed up last year for the ultimately abandoned season.
  • "Like Mynott, captain Damian Mascitti, key 2020 signing Josh Deluca, the fast-emerging Vince Adduci, Brayden Kilpatrick, Stuart Horner, Lachie Walker and Mason De Wit have recommitted."
Thanks ss

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
i'll be interested to see if some of the Gippsland Power or Eastern Ranges from 2019 get a shot at Box Hill Hawks, a few i liked from those teams

Tye Hourigan - Gippsland - 190cm 83kg - Medium Defender (19-20)
Riley Baldi - Gippsland - 178cm 74kg - Midfielder (19-20)
Joshua Clarke - Eastern - 182cm 75kg - Interceptor-Counter Attacking Defender (18-19)
Lachlan Stapleton - Eastern - 179cm 73kg - Midfielder (19-20)
Mitch Mellis - Eastern - 173cm 72kg - Midfield/Sml Forw (19-20)
Jordan Jaworski - Eastern - 180cm 71kg - Forward (19-20)
Jack Hourihan - Eastern - 185cm 76kg - Defender (19-20)

Last edited:
Mascitti to continue as captain

Fixture details
- Round 1 starts 17 April
- "A top eight finals structure will commence on Saturday August 28 with the VFL Grand Final to be held on the weekend of September 18/19. All clubs will have three allocated byes to provide an added level of flexibility to adjust where required. "
- Practice matches to start in March

caseman2

Team Captain
Mar 31, 2008
NYC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Shaping up as a very exciting season - you would imagine there will be "conferences" when you take into a account 22 teams but only 16 rounds - draw is going to me massive factor.

Also good to see so many delisted AFL players commit looking for a 2nd chance.

Mar 24, 2017
Blackburn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Shaping up as a very exciting season - you would imagine there will be "conferences" when you take into a account 22 teams but only 16 rounds - draw is going to me massive factor.

Also good to see so many delisted AFL players commit looking for a 2nd chance.

Conferences don't help at all to make uneven draws fairer. They actually make it worse.

aussie80s

All Australian
Jan 12, 2008
The Mountain
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Wolves, Packers, Celtic, Box Hill
Have noticed on Hawthorn's Facebook posts that they refer to the seconds team as 'Reserves' rather than Box Hill. Is this a subtle attempt to rebrand Box Hill? They did something similar a few years ago by changing Box Hill's guernsey to a Hawthorn one which was totally unnecessary as the colours were the same and Hawthorn play and train in so many different guernseys that the design was hardly an issue.

stemline

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2001
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm hoping that it was literally a case of Hawthorn and the Bulldogs leftover listed players needing a practice match. Like the scrimmages last year, but topped up with VFL players.

Box Hill's practice matches will be scheduled through the 2nd half of March in the lead up to the VFL season starting in April.

HigginsHawk

All Australian
Jun 10, 2005
Kippax
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Belconnen/Nth Hobart
Practice matches announced

Vs CollingwoodHolden CentreSaturday 6 March
Vs Casey DemonsCasey FieldsSaturday 13 March
Vs EssendonThe HangerSaturday 20 March
Vs RichmondPunt Road OvalSunday 28 March
Vs Northern BullantsBox Hill City OvalSunday 4 April
Vs CarltonBox Hill City OvalSaturday 10 April

stemline

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2001
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Typical that when the structure of the comp was announced at the start of Feb they said the draw would be released by the end of Feb.
And no mention of it since.
It'll probably end up getting released in small blocks like the AFL last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back