Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Their aim is 5 divs of 10.
That would get them to 48

Yep that’s true but we should remember all clubs have to be voted in. There’s a difference from what the league wants (make us the biggest and best and build our empire) and what the clubs want, and the clubs vote on their entry. That’s been shown in the MPNFL a few times.

EFL clubs have generally supported expansion but you just sorta wonder if that continues forever at the top end. As I said Noble Park, Balwyn, Berwick, now Park Orchards are on the doorstep of Premier too. All new clubs. And yet more clubs coming into Premier? I don’t know but you just wonder if at some point a lot of the original clubs are going to stop and think if they’re really that keen for the majority of their top division to be now populated by “new clubs” and make it a lot harder for them to climb the ladder.

Or maybe they’re not that fussed.

Guess we know a couple of things, those three seem to want out of Outer East and they now know yet again the MPNFL door is firmly closed.

Was told a little while ago too that there is absolutely no appetite from West Gippsland clubs to admit these suburban clubs… they’re very happy with their league.

So the options are running out.

Todays news not looking good either if the 5km radius expands to 10km late September only if vaccination rates get to 70% by then.

It's all over why are we kidding ourselves.

It's time to announce the premiers.

Beaconsfield
Monbulk
Kinglake

I doubt there would be any arguments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back