Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

particularly as he had to clean up the mess Bandera left
I think youll find banderas assistant in the 2018 season took over and did a great job getting the club back on track for the second half of the season.

How would Cowza's points working returning to Powelly?
Bayliss, Fowkes and Gorringe would be 4 points each I presume (base 3 points + penalty for 3 clubs in 3 years), unless the league counts 2020 towards the rule.
Cowan played 2 previous seasons there by the look of his write up so my guess would be 2 maybe 3 points
Bayliss base points 3 +1 for 3 clubs in 3 years
Fowkes base points 3 +1 for premier competition
Goringe base points 3 +1 for premier competition
They way i read it is current season so 2021 is counted
2021 powelltown
2020 wandin (covid)
2019 wandin
They both played 10 games in 2019 would be suprised if they finished in top 5 bnf

Correct me if im working it out wrong

Coach from Powelly certainly did a great job last season, disappointing if he has been let go for whatever reason.
Culture of a club moving forward after Covid will be even more critical
Reports from out the club he could only manage 15 on average during his both pre seasons and more than half the list were heading out the door if the 2020 season took place
Pretty sure he was talked back into staying and coaching as he was leaving them high and dry at one point when things werent going his way
Heard he did the same when playing at warburton left and went to chirny a couple times when things didnt go his way
Not someone i would like leading my club if any truth to it and looking at the ammount of clubs he has come and gone from over his career there just might be

Reports from out the club he could only manage 15 on average during his both pre seasons and more than half the list were heading out the door if the 2020 season took place
Pretty sure he was talked back into staying and coaching as he was leaving them high and dry at one point when things werent going his way
Heard he did the same when playing at warburton left and went to chirny a couple times when things didnt go his way
Not someone i would like leading my club if any truth to it and looking at the ammount of clubs he has come and gone from over his career there just might be

Sounds like a desperate attempt to save face from a few at Powelltown. Given Cowan had already committed to Powelltown as had all but one of the prelim team.

Iacona excuse spelling took over when they got rid of old mate in 2018. He got them from a rabble to 3 points ofF a GF birth. All of the above you’ve posted is rubbish.

Last edited:
Powelltown played prelim at 43/47 points last year.
Now from that team they had 10 players who would go down a point (Wratten,Ashby,Stokes, Rohan, Garthwaite, R.Johnson, J.Johnson, Nayna, Dan Fraser and Darcy Fraser) if they all stay. Brings them back to 33/47
Between Gorridge (6), Fowkes (6), Baylis (5) and Cowan (let’s say 4) there’s 21 points just there. Will be interesting at selection table that’s for sure
[/ Baylis (5) and Cowan (let’s say 4) there’s 21 points just there. Will be interesting at selection table that’s for sure
Sounds like a desperate attempt to save face from a few at Powelltown. Given Cowan had already committed to Powelltown as had all but one of the prelim team.

Iacona excuse spelling took over when they got rid of old mate in 2018. He got them from a rabble to 3 points ofF a GF birth. All of the above you’ve posted is rubbish.
I had heard they hadnt signed everyone and the captain of the club wasnt turning up to training and had pulled pin, told the coach via phone call, follwed by a couple more then flood gates would of opened
He didnt take over in 2018 he took the coaching position in 2019 bandera was sacked half way through the season wasnt he ?? And there assistant took the reigns fir remander of the season i thought
He went to a ready made team in 2019 as people working for club had already recruited players back and pretty sure he only took 1 mate and a 40+ year old from warby
Didnt see Recruits flooding in for the 2020 season with only yet another 40+ year old in hargreaves and 2 indigenous kids, why couldnt he recruit ??
I dont know the guy but seems a little sooking behind closed doors has everyone jumping up and down where i just look at facts

I had heard they hadnt signed everyone and the captain of the club wasnt turning up to training and had pulled pin, told the coach via phone call, follwed by a couple more then flood gates would of opened
He didnt take over in 2018 he took the coaching position in 2019 bandera was sacked half way through the season wasnt he ?? And there assistant took the reigns fir remander of the season i thought
He went to a ready made team in 2019 as people working for club had already recruited players back and pretty sure he only took 1 mate and a 40+ year old from warby
Didnt see Recruits flooding in for the 2020 season with only yet another 40+ year old in hargreaves and 2 indigenous kids, why couldnt he recruit ??
I dont know the guy but seems a little sooking behind closed doors has everyone jumping up and down where i just look at facts

Three points off a GF I’m not sure there was too much need to go on a spending spree. Clearly he was doing things right after the club appointed him at the end of 2018. As for recruiting anyone can recruit if you offer enough money and don’t care about a club long term. You mention facts but don’t use many given than Wratten was committed.

Three points off a GF I’m not sure there was too much need to go on a spending spree. Clearly he was doing things right after the club appointed him at the end of 2018. As for recruiting anyone can recruit if you offer enough money and don’t care about a club long term. You mention facts but don’t use many given than Wratten was committed.
You could of got that team to a prelim well actually if you had more than 15 train you may of got it to a grand final
Even the coach himself tried quitting because of lack of attendaces at training only to be talked into staying
Why wouldnt they train ??
Why did the coach say he hasnt got the following of the players to take them the next step
We are just all key board warriors who think we know but actually have know idea
Eggs on your face if he stays and plays mate
You just worry about denise the menise next door ;)

You could of got that team to a prelim well actually if you had more than 15 train you may of got it to a grand final
Even the coach himself tried quitting because of lack of attendaces at training only to be talked into staying
Why wouldnt they train ??
Why did the coach say he hasnt got the following of the players to take them the next step
We are just all key board warriors who think we know but actually have know idea
Eggs on your face if he stays and plays mate
You just worry about denise the menise next door ;)

Im pretty sure your throwing darts now. As for anyone could have got them into a prelim you’ve shown your hand now.

Im pretty sure your throwing darts now. As for anyone could have got them into a prelim you’ve shown your hand now.
I hit the bulls eye with your first comment back not hard to figure out when your account was made august 18 and jugga anounced 2 days later haha, knowone left and all recommited to jugga must dig real deep

Interestingly Iacono played 14 games in 2018, so when he was appointed in 2019 you would think the club would have had a fair idea about him. I don’t know him personally at all and only heard him talk to players throughout the season but always seemed to have the respect of the players. As for recruiting Rohan, Dan Fraser, Stokes, Walker, Nayna, Johnson, Darcy Fraser and Mullen all played in the prelim final but not in 2018. I would think recruiting by the coach and/or club seemed pretty good.
All good though, like I said just a casual observer.
King Tig you seem much closer to the source as 5 comments all about Powelly 👍

I hit the bulls eye with your first comment back not hard to figure out when your account was made august 18 and jugga anounced 2 days later haha, knowone left and all recommited to jugga must dig real deep

Doesn’t effect me in the slightest. Just hope your not someone involved at Powelltown. In fact there’s no way you could be showing so little respect to Iaconia.

Doesn’t effect me in the slightest. Just hope your not someone involved at Powelltown. In fact there’s no way you could be showing so little respect to Iaconia.
Definitely not involved out there at all, i just think powelltown does what it has too to survive so not a fan of anyone that take pot shots at a club for doing so, as for showing little respect to iacana he lost that when he threw the toys out the cot after the club bought in baylis to replace him. Clubs bigger than any individual

Definitely not involved out there at all, i just think powelltown does what it has too to survive so not a fan of anyone that take pot shots at a club for doing so, as for showing little respect to iacana he lost that when he threw the toys out the cot after the club bought in baylis to replace him. Clubs bigger than any individual
I follow a premier club down the hwy a little further amd have alot of friends i grew up with that are involved out there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interestingly Iacono played 14 games in 2018, so when he was appointed in 2019 you would think the club would have had a fair idea about him. I don’t know him personally at all and only heard him talk to players throughout the season but always seemed to have the respect of the players. As for recruiting Rohan, Dan Fraser, Stokes, Walker, Nayna, Johnson, Darcy Fraser and Mullen all played in the prelim final but not in 2018. I would think recruiting by the coach and/or club seemed pretty good.
All good though, like I said just a casual observer.
King Tig you seem much closer to the source as 5 comments all about Powelly 👍
Haha very very close mate i live behind the mill, well done going back through results mate but how do you know they all went because he recruited them ?? Could of been family could of been friends that got them there. But hey i just casually cast my eye from off the hill up the back. But would be more in the know than you lot
So stop guessing and read back through what i have said so we can leave it there 👌

Cowan played 2 previous seasons there by the look of his write up so my guess would be 2 maybe 3 points
Bayliss base points 3 +1 for 3 clubs in 3 years
Fowkes base points 3 +1 for premier competition
Goringe base points 3 +1 for premier competition
They way i read it is current season so 2021 is counted
2021 powelltown
2020 wandin (covid)
2019 wandin
They both played 10 games in 2019 would be suprised if they finished in top 5 bnf

Correct me if im working it out wrong
Gorringe, Bayliss and Fowkes are all 5 points. 3 plus 1 for dropping down plus 1 for 3 clubs in 3 years. 2020 is not counted.
Gorringe and Fowkes were nowhere near the top 5 in Wandin’s 2019 b&f.

Gorringe, Bayliss and Fowkes are all 5 points. 3 plus 1 for dropping down plus 1 for 3 clubs in 3 years. 2020 is not counted.
Gorringe and Fowkes were nowhere near the top 5 in Wandin’s 2019 b&f.
If 2020 not counted then everyone already on any list anywhere doesnt lose a point either, i think youll find itll count as players could still register

If 2020 not counted then everyone already on any list anywhere doesnt lose a point either, i think youll find itll count as players could still register
And if you are right and it does not count where is that stated ?? Either way i still work them out being 47 or under

Haha very very close mate i live behind the mill, well done going back through results mate but how do you know they all went because he recruited them ?? Could of been family could of been friends that got them there. But hey i just casually cast my eye from off the hill up the back. But would be more in the know than you lot
So stop guessing and read back through what i have said so we can leave it there 👌
Mate go back through my post, I said it was good recruiting by coach and/or club. If players went to play with mates or family connection, that’s great. Still say they went there as well knowing Iacono was coaching
As for going back through results, I would say that is research and not guessing at all. Enjoy 👌

Remove this Banner Ad

Back