Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Think you will find they will join AFLOE. They will be a seperate competition initially but who knows what may occur going forward. They were very impressed about what AFLOE can offer the league in comparison to the services offered by AFL Gippsland which has had a rocky road in recent times.

Really quite remarkable to have clubs from Broadford to Inverloch in the same “league”. They’re definitely after stability so will be on their own for a while.

I think AFL Gippsland has made a lot of mistakes in the past but I can see their problems here. They’ve got six clubs down there in what’s left of the Alberton League and really, they need to include them in somewhere. But no surrounding leagues will take them.

Hopefully the OE can provide West Gippsland with some stable leadership and perhaps down the track the Ellinbank and Alberton leagues could be folded in as well. Ultimately they would be best off all together in three divisions I think, but understand some are sick of change.

What is the latest information on Berwick joining the EFNL league in season 2021.If it happens and they play Premier EFNL I presume it will be a 11 team Premier in the EFNL.If they depart also causes issues in the Outer Eastern D1 fixture.

I think they have to apply again to OEFL to be cleared. If denied they can appeal to AFL Vic. Though if they are cleared I think maybe AFL Vic can still block it.

I think the plan at EFL end was they’d go into D1. So assume it’d be 11 teams and then two would be relegated to bring it back to 10 in 2022.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they have to apply again to OEFL to be cleared. If denied they can appeal to AFL Vic. Though if they are cleared I think maybe AFL Vic can still block it.

I think the plan at EFL end was they’d go into D1. So assume it’d be 11 teams and then two would be relegated to bring it back to 10 in 2022.

Just announced by the EFNL,into EFNL premier with a 11 team grade season 2021.

Just announced by the EFNL,into EFNL premier with a 11 team grade season 2021.

Common sense decision that’s the best for all involved. With a bit of luck a couple of other clubs down that way follow suit. Just goes to show the utter ludicrous nature of the commission’s decision to bring the SEFNL clubs over in the first place.
Can’t wait to see how they try to swing the Berwick Netball side of things.

Common sense decision that’s the best for all involved. With a bit of luck a couple of other clubs down that way follow suit. Just goes to show the utter ludicrous nature of the commission’s decision to bring the SEFNL clubs over in the first place.
Can’t wait to see how they try to swing the Berwick Netball side of things.

They've already put up a statement, they're committed to Outer East apparently. Does Berwick Springs have netball teams? Imagine that'd be the natural fit.

Whilst I appreciate Berwick moving into Eastern, their decision to have netball remain in the competition is bizarre. I would have told the club they need to find new options for both. They came totally committed (publically making that statement they were in for the long haul) to the new structure then never stopped whinging about it. Good riddance I say!

They seem to be one of the few clubs who didn't have Netball in their title so I don't think they had any interest in that side of the club. Was all about the football. After observing the way they interacted with opposition players on the ground I don't think too many will be sorry to see them gone.

Sorry for the question but who is Jugga?
As for Berwick, see you later, hope they get thumped in eastern premier and then slide down the divisions

Hearing Jugga is coaching Powelltown and taking a few mates

This is the swan song for Powelltown.

Burn a much respected coach that put his heart and soul into the club. A coach that went above and beyond what a senior coach signs on for to not only get his club a side each week. He also got them to with in a kick of of a Grand Final.

Replace him with a bloke has a history of doing the complete opposite.

This will end in tears.

Bookmark it.

Last edited:
They seem to be one of the few clubs who didn't have Netball in their title so I don't think they had any interest in that side of the club. Was all about the football. After observing the way they interacted with opposition players on the ground I don't think too many will be sorry to see them gone.

Agree with your comments. The attitude of players and their officials/ supporters was embarrassing at times and did not reflect well on the club. This was in complete contrast to the other new clubs who warmly welcomed the new arrangements and really left a good impression. As you stated most won't be too worried about them leaving - they certainly didn't enhance their image and it was terrific to see them beaten in the grand final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back