Analysis Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Gresham - best available with our pick. However why did we have pick 18 to begin with? Carlisle for pick five. Pick five could have got us, Darcy Parish, Harry McKay or Doedee or bid on Hopper, Himmelberg or Hipwood.

Is that you Kingy.

( Hint, Parish was gone before our pick 6 ).
Carlisle AND Gresham , instead of Francis?

You could have bid on Hopper, they matched pick 7 they would have matched pick 6, so big deal.
Very happy we have Gresham and not McKay. What would you have been saying about McKay last season if he played for us?

Veer Right

Premium Platinum
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Is that you Kingy.

( Hint, Parish was gone before our pick 6 ).
Carlisle AND Gresham , instead of Francis?

You could have bid on Hopper, they matched pick 7 they would have matched pick 6, so big deal.
Very happy we have Gresham and not McKay. What would you have been saying about McKay last season if he played for us?

Gresham is not the quality player you think he is. Lowish possession mid with ordinary disposal who excels at clearance work.
Carlisle - Yea thats worked out so well for us.

Hopper, sure they match but Hipwood or Himmelberg would have made their way to us. McKay or Doedee both much better then Carlisle with much longer in the game to go.

Got to make it personal hey. Is that you plugger66? That's his style. Anyway Kingy i admit has a lot on you when it comes to anything St Kilda related from what i have read from you in the last couple of days. So in your case i shall take it as a compliment.

Gresham is not the quality player you think he is. Lowish possession mid with ordinary disposal who excels at clearance work.
Carlisle - Yea thats worked out so well for us.

Hopper, sure they match but Hipwood or Himmelberg would have made their way to us. McKay or Doedee both much better then Carlisle with much longer in the game to go.

Got to make it personal hey. Is that you plugger66? That's his style. Anyway Kingy i admit has a lot on you when it comes to anything St Kilda related from what i have read from you in the last couple of days. So in your case i shall take it as a compliment.

Making it personal?
David King was the one who considered that StKilda had done a straight swap for Carlisle with the Parish pick.

Ephemeral Hope

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ben Long - Second rounder, i say it's a win. Still think he will come good.

the only thing here is if you're judging it on who went not long after in the draft, Shai Bolton went after Long. Bolton is starting to look like the next X Factor Mid Forward to replace Dusty. A little more agility instead of brute strength but they impact the game in similar bursts

Sep 22, 2015
Hovering above you...
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Fulham
Point two on my original post was selection/integrity.

After last week's effort all the talk was making a statement at the selection table and that head would roll and the 2 genuine outs are Bytel and Lonie??

How Butler survived is beyond me and he jas a couple of mates with him. Then you look at the Ind Dunstan/Wood inclusions were justified no matter what you think of them if you want to keep integrity. But to include Coffield after probably the 2 worse games in VFL history not being able to get more than 10 touches is an absolute disgrace.

We have enough tallish defenders in the line up with Howard/Clav/Highmore/Wilkie why not bring in a running half back with skills who has shown solid form in Connolly???

Shambles from top to bottom.

Last edited:

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Point two on my original post was selection/integrity.

After last week's effort all the talk was making a statement at the selection table and that head would roll and the 2 genuine outs are Bytel and Lonie??

How Butler survived is beyond me and he jas a couple of mates with him. Then you look at the Ind Dunstan/Wood inclusions were justified no matter what you think of them if you want to keep integrity. But to include Coffield after probably the 2 worse games in VFL history not being able to get more than 10 touches is an absolute disgrace.

We have enough tallish defenders in the line up with Howard/Clav/Highmore/Wilkie why not bring in a running half back with skills who has shown solid form in Connolly???

Shambles from top to bottom.

Not if they play Howard in ruck for some minutes.

Back