• John Longmire

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Justin Longmuir

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Brett Ratten

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott: Should have won a GF with the list he has had and just keeps falling short a few poor showing early next season and the pressure will quickly mount till his position is untenable and he "quits" .
Dew: Just keeping the seat warm for Clarko to take over in 2023
Simpson: If he approaches the season like a mini rebuild, getting games into some kids and shows some promise, then missing finals won't hurt too much and he should be safe, if he continues for one last hurrah with the current list and falls short pressure will build quickly. I don't think WC have ever sacked a coach mid season

Scott: Should have won a GF with the list he has had and just keeps falling short a few poor showing early next season and the pressure will quickly mount till his position is untenable and he "quits" .
Dew: Just keeping the seat warm for Clarko to take over in 2023
Simpson: If he approaches the season like a mini rebuild, getting games into some kids and shows some promise, then missing finals won't hurt too much and he should be safe, if he continues for one last hurrah with the current list and falls short pressure will build quickly. I don't think WC have ever sacked a coach mid season

Scott signed a two year contract extension last week, he isn't going anywhere. All the pressure is external, not at Geelong. And West Coast don't really sack coaches unless essentially forced to.

I think Geelong has the longest run of any club at the moment of not sacking a coach - John Devine at the end of 1988

Personally, I think Scott needs to move on. His direction has failed. Had he not won a flag under Thompson's architecture a decade ago, he may not have been given such a long tenure

Scott signed a two year contract extension last week, he isn't going anywhere. All the pressure is external, not at Geelong. And West Coast don't really sack coaches unless essentially forced to.
You know as well as I do that "contracts" don't mean what they used to.

Head says Dew. Heart says Leon Cameron. That pretender needs to go for the betterment of the game.

You know as well as I do that "contracts" don't mean what they used to.

Geelong haven't sacked a Senior coach in a long long time. As long as I have been watching them, which is the early 90's. They are an extremely well run club on board level who just doesn't do these things lightly. People are crazy to think they would sack Chris Scott.

Geelong haven't sacked a Senior coach in a long long time. As long as I have been watching them, which is the early 90's. They are an extremely well run club on board level who just doesn't do these things lightly. People are crazy to think they would sack Chris Scott.

Last coach sacked at Geelong was John Devine at the end of 1988

I have heard it on good authority that Hinkley will be replaced by Buckley at the completion of next season.

Getting Port supporters hopes up at this point is just cruel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WC have done nothing to indicate they will start the season expecting to miss finals and instead blood kids.

Either way, Simpson is contracted until the end of 2024, so any talk of him being sacked is fanciful. That basically takes him through to the start of a major rebuild.

Has to be Cameron. He has had one of the most talented and AFL augmented sides for years with one disastrous GF loss to his name.

Every team has injuries or loses players, his are no worse than other teams over the journey.

Has to be Cameron. He has had one of the most talented and AFL augmented sides for years with one disastrous GF loss to his name.

Every team has injuries or loses players, his are no worse than other teams over the journey.
They've had some awful injury lists at times, they don't get credit when there's situations like this year when they lost 3 full backs at one stage, Davis then Keeffe then Buckley all went out of the side. But they also have a super list of course including some great young players who weren't top draft picks and have been developed very well - Taylor, Daniels, Idun, Buckley, Cumming etc.

The real knock on Leon Cameron is that the Giants play just about as well with an injury list of 10 as they do when they're nearly healthy.

Part of that can be explained by injured players often taking a bit of time to build back in to form and their solid depth, but it's not just that. They seem to rally and win when their backs are against the wall then don't turn up the next week.

They've easily got the talent to contend so next year is a big one.

Chris Scott.
Won't be 'sacked'.
But a conversation needs to happen.
Would be crazy to let him keep going on this path.
Dude needs to be stopped.
He's just digging and digging a deeper hole.
The longer he goes the deeper the hole gets.
He was likely never really a good coach.
Just inherited a champion team playing Premiership football and has just managed to maintain a reasonable level of success since.

'Orange tsunami' doesn't work in finals and Cameron has been gradually toughening them up. They can play premiership football in patches, for whole games, even for runs of games, but not for a whole season.

All thing considered I thought they had a positive year, but Cameron's been there long enough that they need to go on with it. If they were to fall out of the finals again it will probably be the end of Cameron.

No Mumford to cut a swathe so it will be interesting.

Chris Scott a whole lot more likely😀

No, because he has signed on for a couple more years. I personally would like to see him go, or go soon as his love of recruiting mature-aged players will most likely not pay off in any tangible way, and will only lead to a longer period towards the bottom of the ladder...

Never liked Sam Mitchell. Has that smug look on his face that just deserves those big teeth to be smashed out
Great footballer, but a w***er. Probably similar to Scott in some ways ;)

Back