Fixture Season 2022 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

I like that fixture.

Especially if the WEagles suck.

Hard week Melbourne then WEagles there. Otherwise not too bad.
Yet, between round 1 and 2 there is a 10 day gap. The team with the biggest supporter base and most successful recent record gets shunted to a Sunday. So, two Sundays in the first three rounds.

Collingwood get marquee games everywhere as a reward for being hopeless on and off the field.
Seriously, Carlton kept getting Friday night games in their spoon years and we get taken off prime time in most weeks after not winning a Premiership one year…
This lack of respect should fire up our club. Plenty of motivation out of this draw. I’m looking forward to our boys sticking it right up ‘em.

Sounds like Benny’s comments about the stand rule weren’t appreciated. This is petty from the AFL while shooting themselves in the foot.

Yet, between round 1 and 2 there is a 10 day gap. The team with the biggest supporter base and most successful recent record gets shunted to a Sunday. So, two Sundays in the first three rounds.

Collingwood get marquee games everywhere as a reward for being hopeless on and off the field.

This lack of respect should fire up our club. Plenty of motivation out of this draw. I’m looking forward to our boys sticking it right up ‘em.

Sounds like Benny’s comments about the stand rule weren’t appreciated. This is petty from the AFL while shooting themselves in the foot.
Thurs and Friday nights are hard for me to get there but Sat and Sundays mean not only do we get to go but can make a day of it

Thurs and Friday nights are hard for me to get there but Sat and Sundays mean not only do we get to go but can make a day of it
Well, that’s handy for you and every fan has their preferences but I’m looking at it from the point of view of the club and what I imagine they would prefer.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights on 7 would be the revenue raisers for the club.

I can’t imagine they are happy with 10 days break into the Giants on a Sunday.

Well, that’s handy for you and every fan has their preferences but I’m looking at it from the point of view of the club and what I imagine they would prefer.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights on 7 would be the revenue raisers for the club.

I can’t imagine they are happy with 10 days break into the Giants on a Sunday.
I’m pretty sure the club likes it when there is a crowd at the G, plenty will watch it on tv whatever the time slot but the afl is only thinking of their own bank balance when they pick time slots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fixture is great in regards to marquee timeslots given we finished 12th:

Round 1 marquee Thursday night
Round 4 Saturday night
Round 6 Anzac Eve
Round 7. Friday night game
Round 10. Dreamtime at the G

So that’s what I would regard as 5 marquee games in the first 10 rounds. Plus 2 x traditional Saturday arvo games for the family audience v Pies and Hawks.

I don’t think we can complain given the shite we dished up most of last season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Seriously, Carlton kept getting Friday night games in their spoon years and we get taken off prime time in most weeks after not winning a Premiership one year…

They can have Friday’s. Nothing worse than sitting in the cold for an hour before the game. Wish we had Saturday 2:10 every week lol

First 10 rounds looks like a 5-5 start IMO if we’re talking realistically. Maybe something like:

Wins: GWS, Western Bulldogs, Collingwood, Hawthorn and Essendon.

Losses: Carlton (about time), St Kilda, Adelaide, Melbourne and West Coast.
Bit of an odd take.

Surely Dogs and Giants are more difficult games than Saints and Crows?

If we lose to the Crows who are bottom 4 material we are in for a long 2022.

An improving Carlton I agree are certainly due to get up for a win against us, but we will still be favourites.

I'd be disappointed if we aren't 6-4 at least, ideally 7-3.

5-5 would be just passable if we come home strong.

Anything worse than 5-5 though would be a disaster start and you'd question if we are playing finals again.

Bit of an odd take.

Surely Dogs and Giants are more difficult games than Saints and Crows?

If we lose to the Crows who are bottom 4 material we are in for a long 2022.

An improving Carlton I agree are certainly due to get up for a win against us, but we will still be favourites.

I'd be disappointed if we aren't 6-4 at least, ideally 7-3.

5-5 would be just passable if we come home strong.

Anything worse than 5-5 though would be a disaster start and you'd question if we are playing finals again.
For a couple of reasons:
- MCG vs away from MCG.
- Performance isn’t always consistent. So I expect a bit of a mixed bag where we lose a couple of winnable games and win a couple of the games where we are longer odds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back