Fixture Season 2022 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

For a couple of reasons:
- MCG vs away from MCG.
- Performance isn’t always consistent. So I expect a bit of a mixed bag where we lose a couple of winnable games and win a couple of the games where we are longer odds
There'll be the upsets/unexpected wins for sure.

Just reckon Crows early is a bankable 4 points that we can't take for granted! We saw in 2021 that if you lose the ones you should be winning (Saints, Suns, Collingwood, Eagles after having a good lead) that's the difference between finals or not.

There'll be the upsets/unexpected wins for sure.

Just reckon Crows early is a bankable 4 points that we can't take for granted! We saw in 2021 that if you lose the ones you should be winning (Saints, Suns, Collingwood, Eagles after having a good lead) that's the difference between finals or not.
agree. the comp is evening-up. probably only 4 sides you can draw a line through for the 8.

Well, you do know why ($$$$), not that we should agree with it. But with minnow clubs like the Aints, Norf and Dishlickers, we are coerced into travelling to the Dome rather than have a half empty G.

we play our home game there against freo. The afl took $2m off us in distribution payments. More money would be generated playing at the G against them. Any afl money being thrown at us to play at marvel is negligible IMO.

Melbourne doesn’t play a home game at Marvel. If there was a club that should play a home game there against an interstate club it should be them.

I get the feeling, barring serious injury to key players, and assuming dusty plays and is at the level, we'll hit the ground running in 2022, top the ladder early, and stay there throughout the season.
Not unlike 2018, except this time, they have the hunger back, along with the experience.

After all this time it has occurred to me that Dylan Grimes would be the ideal next captain. So many great candidates but it's Dylan for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 12 Bye

Round 13 v Port Adelaide MCG Thursday June 9th 7.20

Round 14 v Carlton MCG Thursday June 16th 7.20

Round 15 v Geelong MCG Saturday June 25th 4.35.

Bottom line getting smashed with back to back Thursday night home games especially with one being against Port, which will be lucky to draw 35k.

Round 12 Bye

Bottom line getting smashed with back to back Thursday night home games especially with one being against Port, which will be lucky to draw 35k.
They really have us in the gun after Dimmas comments about their s**t ground

This is bullshit, Gill :mad: is making sure we get crap Thurs night scheduling before he sets off into the sunset.

Yes, ill be there as usual rain, hail or shine, But my wife and kids who go to every game will not be able to go. Kids have school the next day.
Many have work who start early. Then we have country members who Gill dismisses as an afterthought because if the AFL trully cared about country members they wouldn't be scheduling back2back Thurs night games.

Round 12 Bye

Round 13 v Port Adelaide MCG Thursday, June 9th 7.20

Round 14 v Carlton MCG Thursday, June 16th 7.20

Round 15 v Geelong MCG Saturday, June 25th 4.35

Last edited:
Geelong fans melt incoming because we still aren't going to their sardine can ground :D
We played there this year so they can get stuffed.

Round 12 Bye

The only way that game tops 30K is if we get on a run of wins and the weather is fine.
RD 14 V Blues, if both teams are travelling well and the weather is fine, id say around 55-60K. On a Fri or Sat, you would be looking at 70K+

The bottom line is the club will lose a lot of money for these back 2 back Thurs games.

This is bullshit, Gill :mad: is making sure we get crap Thurs night scheduling before he sets off into the sunset.

Yes, ill be there as usual rain, hail or shine, But my wife and kids who go to every game will not be able to go. Kids have school the next day.
Many have work who start early. Then we have country members who Gill dismisses as an afterthought because if the AFL trully cared about country members they wouldn't be scheduling back2back Thurs night games.

Round 12 Bye

Its ******* s**t

Round 12 Bye

Making us pay for Dimmas Comments

Remove this Banner Ad

Back